The Waiting Game Anyone?

Yea I'm waiting on my wife's visa,

it was submitted on the 5th Febuary and going by a few posters at that time I'm hoping to hear any day now but also hoping it doesn't go back to the 12 week wait it was this time last year.

I dont really care how long it takes as long as it is approved.

James.

Same here, playing the old waiting game. Applied 18th feb so no real worries yet just as long as we get it same as you guys. :D In the section intended dates of travel ive chosen 25th april and was thinking they surely take this into account when proessing the applications, meaning if they got a stack of them together they would process the earlier dates 1st or is it just 1st come 1st service basis :)

Edited by case69

Good Luck to all 3 of you.

As for wether there sorted by travel dates I think there done on a first come first served basis though could be wrong.

The waiting is one of the most nerve wracking parts when wishing for any news.

With last years times, think this was also due to a unusal numbers of study and holiday visas being submitted

Good Luck and keep the forums updated others good news is allways good to hear.

I have the same thinking as you James and just want it approved, I really do hope it isn't going to drag on for 12 weeks though :D:D:)

patience is a virtue sir.. I waited over a year from marriage in LOS until she could come to Canada. ..unfortunately i spent many evenings in a sort of 6 or 7 beer alcoholic daze to pass the time.. if you only have to wait 12 weeks that would be a minor miracle of sorts..we all want an instant fix and instant gratification, but unfortunately it doesn't always pan out..good luck in any case..I hope you don't wait as long as i did..

signed: wish i only had to wait 12 weeks, oyyyyyy

Well just spoke to the wife and she has had phone call from embassay asking some questions about her application so at least I know they are know looking at it.

The questions were about her son they wanted to know alot of info about him and why we were not taking him to the UK,

the reason for that is he is only 3 and still not comfortable around me let alone a whole country of strange people plus he gets sick every so often and we have been advised to wait until he is 5 before changing his lifestyle (this is the thai doctors logic).anyway I'm hoping this wont affect my wife's visa.

Will keep you's updated.

James.

That they phoned her to ask shows that they are inclined to issue the visa; otherwise they would have simply refused.

I feel that you can expect good news in the next few days.

It is understandable that they would want to know why she is not also applying for her son and what arrangements she has made for his care. You have valid reasons for not doing so, and many couples have, for various reasons, been in your position; the parent coming first and the child(ren) coming later. Anyone in a similar position can learn from this; explain the situation in the initial application and save having to answer these questions later and the delay in the application this will inevitably cause.

Well just spoke to the wife and she has had phone call from embassay asking some questions about her application so at least I know they are know looking at it.

The questions were about her son they wanted to know alot of info about him and why we were not taking him to the UK,

the reason for that is he is only 3 and still not comfortable around me let alone a whole country of strange people plus he gets sick every so often and we have been advised to wait until he is 5 before changing his lifestyle (this is the thai doctors logic).anyway I'm hoping this wont affect my wife's visa.

Will keep you's updated.

James.

good luck and please keep us all posted, my application was only 2 working days after yours and my missus still hasn't heard a thing and is getting all sorts of ideas :)

Good luck with your wife's visa.

If you're planning to bring your stepson to the UK in the future it might be an idea for you to look at the requirements for a child settlement visa now, especially the sole responsibility section. Your wife will have to show that, even though she's been living in the UK, she has retained full day to day responsibility and decision making for her sons upbringing, so you might want to plan ahead for what documents and contact details (phone records, money transfers, etc) you will need to submit.

Well guys,

Wife got text message this morning to say passport is ready for collection but as she is home near Udon Thani now we'll have to wait until monday to find out the result.

I make it about 20 working days prob 18 as they had computer upgrades on the 8th and 9th of Febuary so hope you guys behind are not far away,anyway will let you's know the answer on monday its going to be a long weekend.

James.

Well guys,

Wife got text message this morning to say passport is ready for collection but as she is home near Udon Thani now we'll have to wait until monday to find out the result.

I make it about 20 working days prob 18 as they had computer upgrades on the 8th and 9th of Febuary so hope you guys behind are not far away,anyway will let you's know the answer on monday its going to be a long weekend.

James.

thanking you kind sir for the update, so the date mine went in was when the computers got upgraded :)

lets hope you've got good news for Monday :D

Just joined the waiting game, my fiance put his application for fiance visa in on wed - after waiting at the vfs office for 5 hours in the queue. Hope it comes through before I fly out to meet him on May 3rd!!

good luck everyone

Edited by kp86

Just an update for those who submitted their application in February....

my missus has called them and been told it could be 8 weeks if not longer for applications to be processed, I hope she is wrong but if it isn't then why would they say anything like that :)

Think when you submit your application they almost allways say that the processing time could be upto 3 months, so anything sooner is allways a nice welcome suprise.

I guess we are getting into the time when all the holiday and student visas are being applied for.

Great news Gunn09 Good luck for the future.

Edited by uaelaelil

Sorry everybody the UK is full. Just joking, When I applied form my settlement visa last June it took 11weeks. Every day was pergatery. It does not help because there are lots of students applying for visas Best of luck to you all .

I've joined the waiting game too!

My wife submitted her settlement visa application on 26 Feb.

No news yet!!

She said, she had a long wait at the UK Application centre, about 7 hours. :)

But..........

Last week a friend of mine, his girlfriend was there for 12 hours!!

Seems a lot of students are applying at this time - unfortunately!! :D