Extension Of Retirement Visa

Has any Member EXPERIENCE of extending their Retirement Visa EARLY?

As I understand it - up to one month before expiry is generally acceptable.

I need to extend mine 2 months + 3 Weeks early

- and I doubt if that early will be acceptable for a Full One Year extension.

So what are the possibilities of obtaining an INITIAL 3 months extension that early.

Bill

Edited by WilliamIV

1. As said, there is no such thing as a 90 day extension of stay based on retirement.

2. You can apply very, very early for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement, but don't be surprised when you are turned down.

3. You should probably go about your business and come back another time with a new non-immigrant "O" visa and extend that permission to stay.

1. As said, there is no such thing as a 90 day extension of stay based on retirement.

2. You can apply very, very early for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement, but don't be surprised when you are turned down.

3. You should probably go about your business and come back another time with a new non-immigrant "O" visa and extend that permission to stay.

Interested Observer

Whilst I believe your intentions are well meant ...

If you really understood the Consequensies of your 3rd Suggestion - I doubt if you will make it.

You really need to be well informed if you are going to help other members and not mislead them

Bill

You are able to apply for an extension of your retirement visa up to three months in advance of your existing extensions expiry date. They may just ask you as to why you are applying so early.

Hi John

Well that is exactly what I want to Hear !!!

But can you quote a Scource or Authority/Regulation?

Bill

Talk with immirgaiton. In general they will extend a permission to stay in the last 30 days, Pattaya Immigration even allows 2 months in advance. if peopel have a good reason to extend early immigration is often willing to do it earlier.

As said, there is no 3 month extension. only a 1 year extension.

Interested Observer

If you really understood the Consequensies of your 3rd Suggestion - I doubt if you will make it.

You really need to be well informed if you are going to help other members and not mislead them

Bill

You are correct, I don't know your circumstances since you did not see fit to provide them, for whatever reason. Since you apparently cannot wait to get a retirement extension in the normal manner, one can logically conclude that you will be out of the country come extension time. Hence the suggestion to get a new non-immigrant "O" visa for when you return to Thailand. If you are going to be hospitalized in Thailand, there is a special extension available for those circumstances. Feel free to provide additional details.

Edited by InterestedObserver

You are able to apply for an extension of your retirement visa up to three months in advance of your existing extensions expiry date. They may just ask you as to why you are applying so early.

Hi John

Well that is exactly what I want to Hear !!!

But can you quote a Scource or Authority/Regulation?

Bill

sometime back Chiangmai immigration told me I could apply up to 2 months before

Normaly you can extend as early as 30 days before your permission to stay expires. In case of a need they will often even allow it earlier.

It is always advicable to do it early, so you have time if you need some extra documents etc. Extensions always start from the date your current permission ends, so you don't lose any days.

Interested Observer

Bill

You are correct, I don't know your circumstances since you did not see fit to provide them, for whatever reason. Since you apparently cannot wait to get a retirement extension in the normal manner, one can logically conclude that you will be out of the country come extension time. Hence the suggestion to get a new non-immigrant "O" visa for when you return to Thailand. If you are going to be hospitalized in Thailand, there is a special extension available for those circumstances. Feel free to provide additional details.

To blandly suggest getting a new non-immigrant "O" visa - could prove VERY COSTLY for some people.

Maybe you are not aware that some people are GrandFathered under the various rule changes.

Your Suggstion could result in someone having to increase his Bank Deposit from

Bht 200,000 to Bht 800,000 !!!!