Where To Buy Decent Hifi/tv Furniture ?

regedit

Hmm it depends how high up the "decent" ladder you want to go. For the top brands to completely cut isolation and look like you could launch a rocket from them, go into Amarin Plaza from the BTS Chidlom and up one floor...several shops in there stocking said stands. In Paragon 3rd floor you have Schroers & Schroers stands and racks which look the business made from toughened darkened glass and representing their German heritage in the price. But remember hi-fi sounds so much different on glass shelves...resonance adds a sharper, brighter treble so if you have wood floors that's probably the last thing you want to add in the sound.

Best value for money to be had is at the Hi Fi Centre, right next to Big C on Rajadamri. Those dealers make them from metal. As yet I haven't found any really nice wooden ones as shown in my previous post on the subject.

I thought Schroers & Schroers is made of acrylic rather than glass.

The high end audio/visual distributor DECO 2000 sells U.S. made Stillpoints and Japanese made TAOC racks. I've paid 45,000 baht for this TAOC (picture below) that I use for both the TV and HiFi components. It's base price is 36,000 baht but I've paid extra for spike and spike plates and ordered longer lower shelf columns so that the power amp have more overhead clearance for better heat dissipation as standard column only gave 7cm clearance for power amp. Stillpoints is suspension type acrylic rack and do not have wide racks like TAOC for flat panel TV and way more expensive than TAOC (80K baht or so for most basic model).

post-13351-1268068478_thumb.jpg

Here's the link to TAOC A/V racks (in Japanese only).

http://www.taoc.gr.jp/products_rack.html

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One shop in Amarin Plaza has some Soundations stuff (www.soundations.net) which looks fantastic but expensive. It's from South Africa.

Most of the hi-fi shops in Amarin really looks as if they've closed down - they're properly cleared out the stuff because of the protests near there.

Most of the hi-fi shops in Amarin really looks as if they've closed down - they're properly cleared out the stuff because of the protests near there.

Is DECO (outlet shop) open? They haven't delivered me the Nordost Brahma AC cable I've paid for almost two months ago.

Is DECO (outlet shop) open? They haven't delivered me the Nordost Brahma AC cable I've paid for almost two months ago.

I'm sorry to say Jan that DECO actually looks completely closed down - I mean like furnishings gone and everything. If I were you I'd call every number you've got for them now.