Another One Bites The Dust Part 2

gotlost

Khun Gai is not married so you did not ask her husband anything.

Bake & Bite Nimmanheiman Soi 6 is NOT closing.

Is Chiang Mai not big enough for both?????

Sorry, that is why I included a "?" at the end of the phrase. I should have said "the gentleman she is always with".

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greengirl.

re ..... people should really find out whats going on before they jump the gun!

ill aggree with that ...... getlost .... go and stand in the corner for posting false information :)

bake and bite is up and running ... fact !

turn right just before the honda dealer on the way to arcade bus station

enjoy ... dave2

greengirl.

re ..... people should really find out whats going on before they jump the gun!

ill aggree with that ...... getlost .... go and stand in the corner for posting false information :)

bake and bite is up and running ... fact !

turn right just before the honda dealer on the way to arcade bus station

enjoy ... dave2

I see it woke you up. I love happy people. :D

Blintzes aren't just a breakfast item. My fondest memories are of eating them at a Jewish deli on Friday evenings after seeing a movie on a date when I was in high school. The deli (really more of a restaurant) was large and extremely popular, so on Friday evenings it was really humming, full of families who had just come from Friday evening services at the temple.

His little mistake gained both "Bake and Bite" and "Butter is Better" a lot of very positive publicity. Things work out. thumbsup.gif

Yes UG, but it was intentional and accomplished what I wanted. Thanks. :)

It sounds like you deserve a bunch of free pastries!

His little mistake gained both "Bake and Bite" and "Butter is Better" a lot of very positive publicity. Things work out. thumbsup.gif

It sounds like you deserve a bunch of free pastries!

I'll have to wait for a couple of weeks before I can pro take of the morsels of the new ventures as I shall be away from town but not the form. Wish both parties all the best. :D

Bake and Bites spice mix was originally supplied to them by a lady named Alice. It was a good American breakfast spice mix that had sage as its main ingredient. I think I still have a package around here. Alice used to say that they, Bake and Bite, added onion to the sausage. She's been gone for a while now, living in the US, so I'm not sure if she gave them the recipe or what they are doing. There is no secret to good breakfast sausage. There many recipes all over the internet. The real secret is in the amount of fat that is added to the mix. Sausage has fat. Sage is the main spice. Thyme is good, as in the original MC Donalds sausage.

It's interesting that Bake and Bite has decided to live from the new location. Maybe a good idea and it sounds like they are busy.

Real Bakery= No.

Butter is Better

It sounds like the Butter is Better people, are making the same mistakes.

Good Luck.

Re: Real Bakery = No.

What does that mean?

You said it yourself that you are not opening a bakery but a cafe or restaurant with baked goods. A bakery would be nice. There is nothing wrong with a cafe or a nice restaurant.

When looking at a display in a bakery the answer to the question, what is fresh?, is that everything is. If it was from yesterday or the day before it would be on a table near the front with a big red 1/2 price sticker.

sounds like a publicity stunt from "a person we dont see here anymore"

what was the full story there? Anyone care to update me? PM if need to. :D

sounds like a publicity stunt from "a person we dont see here anymore"

what was the full story there? Anyone care to update me? PM if need to. :D

ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS. :D

I had breakfast at "Butter is Better" this morning and it was excellent for any day, never mind the very first day - lots of high quality old favorites and a number of interesting items that I have never had before.

They are starting out slowly and building their menu as they test new items, but there are plenty of good breakfast and bakery items already.

By the way, the American biscuits are great and a few people said that the scones might be even better. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I also had breakfast at Butter is Better this morning and it was delicious! I had biscuits with gravy and I ordered an extra biscuit because it was so good. My friend had cheese blintzes and loved them. BRAVO!!!

Now please get the cappucinos and espressos going!

Bake And Bite moved to the end of Soi 3/2 Keaw Nawarat. It's near the Floral Condominium Tower. Turn off of Charoenrat rd towards the Condo tower and follow the Bake and Bite signs. Khun Gai sold the Chang Klan location so she can concentrate on the Keaw Nawarat location. It's already popular with the expats.

They sure do move around a lot. Wonder why.

Don't know about Bake and Bite. Butter is Better hours are 8-5 Mondays to Saturdays. Closed Sundays.

As Dave2's photo shows Bake and Bite is open MON--SAT 6.30am--5pm. A notice in the restaurant also shows : OPEN SUNDAY 8am--3.30pm

And just like Butter is Better they serve warm English Scones (masquerading as biscuits :) ) with clotted cream and jam. I loaded up with goodies to take home almost emptying the fridge.

OMG, Butter is Better has "Sausage Biscuits"? That's the proper southern U.S. term for what I think Sansai Sam described. That posting got the attention of my chicken-fried southern Hubby. Wow -- cheese blintzes and sausage biscuits in the same place. We're headed there tomorrow.

Wonder if they have grits? Neither of us actually like grits, but it isn't something you see outside certain (southern) parts of the U.S. We'd eat one helping just for patriotic principles.

OMG, Butter is Better has "Sausage Biscuits"? That's the proper southern U.S. term for what I think Sansai Sam described. That posting got the attention of my chicken-fried southern Hubby. Wow -- cheese blintzes and sausage biscuits in the same place. We're headed there tomorrow.

Wonder if they have grits? Neither of us actually like grits, but it isn't something you see outside certain (southern) parts of the U.S. We'd eat one helping just for patriotic principles.

Actually the proper southern term is Biscuit and Gravy which by the way I love. :D If you were to ask for a Sausage Biscuit in Birmingham Alabama you very well mite get something totally unexpected. :) As for Grits I rank them down there with the KKK. :D

Anything loaded with salt, pepper and butter can't be too bad. I'm not a big grits fan, but they still taste pretty good. :)

Hi and thanks for passing the salt and pepper. Maybe this allows me to return to the title of this thread without being accused of hi-jacking it?

I haven't seen Piggies fish n chip shop (Chang Moy Rd) open for many days. Am I looking on the wrong days/nights, or has it Bitten the Dust?

Also, the tiny chippy to the left of the front door of Rimping (one word) Nim City Daily (full title) was closed yesterday mid afternoon, with a sign outside in Thai seeking new staff.

With a long low season ahead, are these the first of many????? Hope not.

Anything loaded with salt, pepper and butter can't be too bad. I'm not a big grits fan, but they still taste pretty good. :)

Hi and thanks for passing the salt and pepper. Maybe this allows me to return to the title of this thread without being accused of hi-jacking it?

I haven't seen Piggies fish n chip shop (Chang Moy Rd) open for many days. Am I looking on the wrong days/nights, or has it Bitten the Dust?

Also, the tiny chippy to the left of the front door of Rimping (one word) Nim City Daily (full title) was closed yesterday mid afternoon, with a sign outside in Thai seeking new staff.

With a long low season ahead, are these the first of many????? Hope not.

I drove by Piggies last night or the night before - I forget.... They were open for business.

Butter is Better has great blueberry scones, sticky buns and amazing apple pie. Making all this stuff with lots of cream, butter and expensive ingredients earns this bakery a unique place in Chiang Mai.

I'd like to thank this anonymous masked man for his kind words. I should add that not everything on offer will contain butter or cream.. There are currently available such items as 99% whole wheat bread which is not only butter-free but cholesterol-free as well and there will shortly be soups and sandwiches which will suffer from a similar deficiency. We are seriously thinking of posting warning labels on such offerings. Something like "Vegan friendly verging on promiscuous -- shield your childrens' eyes"

Ulysses : "Butter is Better has great blueberry scones, sticky buns and amazing apple pie. Making all this stuff with lots of cream, butter and expensive ingredients earns this bakery a unique place in Chiang Mai."

I'd like to thank this anonymous masked man for his kind words. I should add that not everything on offer will contain butter or cream.. There are currently available such items as 99% whole wheat bread which is not only butter-free but cholesterol-free as well and there will shortly be soups and sandwiches which will suffer from a similar deficiency. We are seriously thinking of posting warning labels on such offerings. Something like "Vegan friendly verging on promiscuous -- shield your childrens' eyes"

I dare you put a calorie count on your products. Though, come to think of it ,you may need an attached laboratory equipped with a battery of expensive whizzers and whirlers to work out the sums. Can't read Thai but I don't think Thai products go in for providing this infomation which in Britain is ubiquitous and in many cases mandatory.

Ulysses : "Butter is Better has great blueberry scones, sticky buns and amazing apple pie. Making all this stuff with lots of cream, butter and expensive ingredients earns this bakery a unique place in Chiang Mai."

I dare you put a calorie count on your products. Though, come to think of it ,you may need an attached laboratory equipped with a battery of expensive whizzers and whirlers to work out the sums. Can't read Thai but I don't think Thai products go in for providing this infomation which in Britain is ubiquitous and in many cases mandatory.

Asmerom it would only be a problem if we had to buy an equal amount of equipment, buzzers and bells, to make sure they were telling us the truth......

I'm not sure why we are being singled out for a calorie count. Are you laboring under the impression that butter or butterfat somehow has more calories than vegetable shortening? Because, I can assure you that it doesn't. According the the United State Department of Agriculture, 1 tablespoon of butter has 102 calories. 1 tablespoon of vegetable shortening has 113 calories. On a per gram basis one gram of butter has has 7.2 calories. Whereas one gram of vegetable shortening has 8.8 calories. So both by weight and by volume, butter has less calories than vegetable shortening.