Hallo ,My wife Belgian 59,I Dutch 65 ,both retired ,visa non imm. o-a, we have build a house ( without building permit ) on land owned by a Thai lady married to a Dutchman.As the house was build in a very small village ( aprox 150 inhab.)there was nood need for a permit,so the lady and Dutchman told us.Head of village - PHUIAI BAN _ sorry iff mispelled , came to look at the site= o.K .

The lease was signed for 30 years and registerd at the landoffice in Uttaradit.

The owner of the land , is she also owner of the house ?

In the blue book her name was mentioned and now she chaged it in the name of her daughter, the lease contract is still in her name ( mother )

We live in the house now more than 1 year,and in Thailand almost 20 months.

Can we obtain a " yellow book " and be recognised as owner of the house we build ?

The house was build by the brother of the Thai lady in question.We payed him all the labour and labourers and have all the bills from first pebble untill last flower.No building contract ,just every 2 weeks the payout in the book and at the end the " contractor" wrote in Thai = finished.

Please advice what we can do.I know and realise that we will propably need a lawyer but before that I want to investigate iff all can be done in " friendship " without a lawyer or even more.....

Please explain iff you can what exactly the yellow book means and the " value " of it.

Thank you ! And PLEASE , no sarcasme !!! Thank you !

Josef

If you have a valid lease for the land AND a building permit and/or sales agreement in your name, then yes a foreigner can register a house in their name at the local land office. A yellow book only identifies foreigners living at that address, not the legal owner of the house. Since the OP has neither a building permit nor sales agreement for the house it would appear that it is not possible to register the house in their name.

Edited by InterestedObserver