Flr (m) Visa How Long ?

HI my now wife arrived in the UK in Aug last year and she applied on the 10 DEC for her 2 year settlement visa . so far we have had a conformation letter that they have had the application and has been passed on to a casework unit , no payment has been taken !! which i find funny as i have heard that it is taken straight away when they receive The application . how long have members on this site waited for flr please ? ps do you think i should contact them

many thanks Alan

Edited by alanr

Took my wife's almost the full 3 months before we got it back. Applied at the very end of August 2008, got the passport back in December. Don't bothe phoning, the people dealing with it give the word unhelpful a new level of meaning.

How long it takes depends on how many applications they have to deal with before they get to your wife's.

They've confirmed that they've recieved the application, so no need to worry.

They took the £465 off me straight away

thats what is worrying me they haven`t taken it and there to be taken :)

Have you received a letter acknowledging that they received the application and giving you a reference number? If not, you need to call them asap as somewhere along the lines, something may have gone missing in the post.

Have you received a letter acknowledging that they received the application and giving you a reference number? If not, you need to call them asap as somewhere along the lines, something may have gone missing in the post.

hi charlie thanks for reply , yes we have had a letter of acknowledgment and a reference number also telling us that it has been sent to a case worker :D

Edited by alanr

hi charlie thanks for reply , yes we have had a letter of acknowledgment and a reference number also telling us that it has been sent to a case worker :D

Just a case of waiting now. They're really unhelpful when you call and won't tell you anything. As I said, my wife's took almost 3 months to come back and I think this is their target to process within 100 days. Some are done quickly, others take a while depending on their workload.

Unless the applicant needs their passport back quickly, I really cannot see the point in paying an extra £200 on top of an already exorbitant fee just to get it back the same day.

Still, each to their own.

Unless the applicant needs their passport back quickly, I really cannot see the point in paying an extra £200 on top of an already exorbitant fee just to get it back the same day.

Still, each to their own.

you are complaing about having not heard anything, so in my mind you would have benefited from this service as now you would not be worrying!!!

plus whats £200, spread over from the date you applied and today????

I wasn't complaining of anything!

However, when my wife and step daughter came to live in the UK with me in 2000, the total cost from initial visa right through to ILR was £260 each! Compare that to the cost today (fees from 6/4/10); inflationary increases? No way.

I firmly believe that LTR applicants should pay a fair fee which covers the cost of processing their application, but when one considers the massive, unjustifiable increases to application fees imposed by this government; increases which the government themselves admit are way above the actual cost of providing the service, then I am loathe to give them any more money than I actually have to.

For many people finding that extra £200 on top of the already exorbitant fee can be a struggle. Hence my comment that there is no point in paying the extra for the 'same day' service unless one absolutely has to.

That is my opinion, you obviously disagree.

I am totally with 7by7 on this one - the increase in fees is a disgrace. However the government know that there is little sympathy from the general public as they associate legal immigration with illegal immigration and they know only a very small number of people will be affected (or even financially damaged) by the hikes in fees. it is a good little earner for them with little political flack.

When people I know are told how much it all costs they are horrified!!

I think you're right to be concerned, because they won't even look at it until the payment's gone through. It's stuck in their wretched system somewhere and you need to get someone to look at it and tell you what's going on, so phone them. I hope you get someone with more than one braincell.

It's quite a while ago now, and the system may have changed, but I was in a similar situation when my wife and step-daughter applied for their ILR. When I queried it I was told that they would take the payment when the application 'reached the top of the pile to be processed!'

On the other hand, I've heard anecdotal evidence that they take the payment fairly quickly, and before the application is processed.

I'd do as TVE suggests.

• 4 weeks later...
hi there, my husband is now at week 13, since sending off for his flr m visa, the chq has been cashed and we received the acknowledgement letter, but nothing else. how long do these things tend to take?

thanks

:D

hi iam told 14weeks called them last week and they said we would just have to wait its been 15 weeks for my wife :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all finally got application back and guess what it FAILED because they could `t take they payment out of my account told them that 18 weeks ago!!!!! what pisses me of is why did they have to wait 18 week to tell us what we already know? got to re-apply again at the new price increase the f****kers hope it don`t take 18weeks again :)

• 2 months later...

hi all finally got application back and guess what it FAILED because they could `t take they payment out of my account told them that 18 weeks ago!!!!! what pisses me of is why did they have to wait 18 week to tell us what we already know? got to re-apply again at the new price increase the f****kers hope it don`t take 18weeks again :)

Wow so similar to our problem!

My now wife arrived Aug 09, Married Dec 09, applied FLR(M) Jan 10. Payment taken. Application returned Feb 10 told to reapply (no new payment required) as did not send my Pic!

Sent new app directly to Sheffield and they requested her biometrics be done before Mar 15 2010. This done at postoffice. May 12 REFUSED and no right to appeal. Stated her Fiance visa expired prior to the second appliction! So why request the biometrics afterwards??.

Shes still here 6 weeks later as they have not sent her documents to the local case ownership office, they have acually requested a letter asking for the case to be reconsidered, that was posted Special delivary 13 May. Still await a reply from them. Strange, no right of appeal then request a letter? Should we be optimistic?

I mention all this as it apears yours wifes initial visa has expired thus they could give the the same reason for rejection in a few weeks time when your second application is processed. For my MP's comments PM me for my phone number and I'd be happy to chat!

Best of LUCK