Lemon/lime Juice

jayenram

Is there any reason why lemon/lime juice (Jif sorta stuff) cannot be found in supermarkets? It's available in our local Thai market (Bht 25.00/pint).

Interestingly, the contents are listed as: lime juice (45%), water (70%), summat else (5%). 45+70+5?

Oh well.

:o

The 'summat else' is probably Sulphur Dioxide added as a preservative. Smells like the stinkbombs from your schooldays. Best stick with fresh juice squezeed from fruit.

I added the percentages 45 + 70 + 5 and it comes to 120% so, I admit you get your moneys worth with the bottled variety!

Is there any reason why lemon/lime juice (Jif sorta stuff) cannot be found in supermarkets? It's available in our local Thai market (Bht 25.00/pint).

Interestingly, the contents are listed as: lime juice (45%), water (70%), summat else (5%). 45+70+5?

Oh well.

:o

• 1 month later...

A Jif type lemon/lime juice is available in supermarkets. They are usually with the drinks. Orange squash etc.

Cant remember brand name as am in UK now.

There are at least 2 brands, but one is artificial flavouring. Is written in English so you should be able to tell.

Probably not too much different to what you buy in your local market

best to buy fresh limes, me thinks. 100% juice! :D  :D

Could you give me the recipe of good lemon juice "Nam Manao Pun "? I used to make but the taste is auwful. Thanks in advace kha ! :D:o

agree with Jockstar

here lime is so cheap , and i think its better if u try to make it from fresh one

for Saothai,..well i think you 'd try to do own recipe..adjust it as u like,..do it as "experiment" ..., dont remeber..after shaked ..the taste will be weaker from ice..mean..when u wanna do , u'd not dilute your lime juice much ..

enjoy ,

Bambi :D

best to buy fresh limes, me thinks. 100% juice! :D  :D

Could you give me the recipe of good lemon juice "Nam Manao Pun "? I used to make but the taste is auwful. Thanks in advace kha ! :D:o

agree with Jockstar

here lime is so cheap , and i think its better if u try to make it from fresh one

for Saothai,..well i think you 'd try to do own recipe..adjust it as u like,..do it as "experiment" ..., dont remeber..after shaked ..the taste will be weaker from ice..mean..when u wanna do , u'd not dilute your lime juice much ..

enjoy ,

Bambi :D

Thanks BambiNa :D