Partner Keeps On Receiving Calls From An Unknown Man

MaiDong

BUT, surely that'd enrage the man :)

We've got a little boy here and we're more worried about anything happening to him than us, you may say I'm being a bit paranoid but I know what goes on in some of these peoples minds, we all know from the horror stories that are on the news here regularly.

In that case, it might be best to move to a new town and her find a new job.

She doesn't work, she looks after me :D

Seriously though, I'd LOVE to move to a new town, preferably one in the hills, but I can't see that running away form our life is the right choice :D

I'm sorry. I thought I read somewhere back on page 3 or 4 that she can't change her number because if she did and she gave it to the hospital then he'd get it from them. I assumed that she's working for the hospital, (hence the poison the whiskey idea) but only began reading mid page 3 and haven't perused the entire thread. My apologies.

it's ok, she visits the hospital regularly and has ongoing apponintments with them so it's a bit of a pain, I think I'm going to try to confirm it's the hospital guy and speak with our lady contact in the hospital to guage what we can do about getting the calls stopped altogether, I'll try more dirty tricks later.

the craiglist suggestion really made my partner laugh, I'm still wiating for someone to tell me to put the phone number in the AD despite being told not to by craiglist - what will happen? Will they just cancel my account?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got a little boy here and we're more worried about anything happening to him than us, you may say I'm being a bit paranoid but I know what goes on in some of these peoples minds, we all know from the horror stories that are on the news here regularly.

...or maybe even a different country.

Or better still, buy the phone company & prevent this malicious caller from being a customer.

Or call the police.

Jesus wept!!!

Like this?

jesuswept2.jpg

...or maybe even a different country.

Or better still, buy the phone company & prevent this malicious caller from being a customer.

Or call the police.

Jesus wept!!!

Like this?

jesuswept2.jpg

:D <deleted>

it's ok, she visits the hospital regularly and has ongoing apponintments with them so it's a bit of a pain, I think I'm going to try to confirm it's the hospital guy and speak with our lady contact in the hospital to guage what we can do about getting the calls stopped altogether, I'll try more dirty tricks later.

It sounds like you've got a lot of time on your hands.

Do you really want to go through all this rigmarole when it's as simple as contacting the police? One friendly visit by a cop at the hospital (if that is indeed where the suspect works) asking pertinent questions, should send this guy into silence.

In the meantime, ignore the calls.

Instead of using craiglist you can stick little ads all around bkk. Write about some really convenient offer (you selling a motorcycle for THB 5k, a whole karabao collection for THB 20, and so on.).

Edited by Jameshaya

MaiDong at this point it doesn't seem like you are actually looking for a realistic solution to this at all? Every decent suggestion that people have posted you have either shot down or ignored...?

Reasonable suggestions:

- Turn off phone at night

- Ignore the number

- Change SIM card

- Get a phone that can block numbers

- Inform phone company

- Inform police

- Inform hospital

All of which just seem to be just too inconvenient for you, yet you are on here railing about how this is the worst thing in the world? Either do something about it, or don't...but don't just sit idly by in your computer chair trying to rile up a troll mob.

- Meeting him

- Attacking him

- Prank calling him

- Spam his phone

- Other elaborate revenge schemes

Seem to be the ones that you are more interested in; which makes this post seem fairly insincere

MaiDong at this point it doesn't seem like you are actually looking for a realistic solution to this at all? Every decent suggestion that people have posted you have either shot down or ignored...?

Reasonable suggestions:

- Turn off phone at night

- Ignore the number

- Change SIM card

- Get a phone that can block numbers

- Inform phone company

- Inform police

- Inform hospital

All of which just seem to be just too inconvenient for you, yet you are on here railing about how this is the worst thing in the world? Either do something about it, or don't...but don't just sit idly by in your computer chair trying to rile up a troll mob.

- Meeting him

- Attacking him

- Prank calling him

- Spam his phone

- Other elaborate revenge schemes

Seem to be the ones that you are more interested in; which makes this post seem fairly insincere

It's not me, my partner is reluctant to call the police because she knows how lazy they are, others here have posted their experiences with regards to the police reaction.

I haven't 'shot down or ignored' anything, I've given my wifes reaction to most of the things that have been suggested.

Worst thing in the world? No.

Uncomfortable for my partner? Yes.

Things are being done, I'll post when things change.

It's not me, my partner is reluctant to call the police because she knows how lazy they are, others here have posted their experiences with regards to the police reaction.

I haven't 'shot down or ignored' anything, I've given my wifes reaction to most of the things that have been suggested.

Okay, this idea is going to need access to a free-standing house with a driveway to the back yard, and preferably not the one where you and your family are living, just in case something doesn't work out right.

First of all dig a trench around 20' long and 8' wide and 6' deep, in the driveway towards the rear of the house, and retain all the landfill somewhere out of sight. Then cover this trench with plywood and lightly spread some gravel over it so it looks like a driveway.

Second, next time you're ladyfriend gets a late night stalker call, if she tells him that you and the lad will be out of town for the weekend, and she really wants to spend the night with him, so come on over (to this address at this place with the plywood driveway) but you must park the car around the back so that the neighbours won't see it and think she's been unfaithful.

So thirdly, Mr Phallus turns up at 8pm and drives around the back, only to have his car drop through the plywood into the trench, at which point you secretly come out of the shadows and just fill in the trench. Not likely to get GSM reception down there if you can use the right sort of gravel.

I have just signed up for a craioglist acc, got to the posting stage and saw this 'Please do not post phone numbers, email addresses, or URLs in personals ads!'

Before this there was lots of warnings about doing such a thing, should I take them seriously?

try enter the number in words eg:

zero-eight-seven ....etc

I won't worry about comebacks, craiglist not hosted in thailand, but if you are worried just set it all up from an internet cafe of a free wireless hotspot.

hope you can make the problem go away soon

BTW a female friend of mine once had a guy sending dirty e-mails and .mpg clips of himself to her e-mail, if she blocked the senders e-mail he would change account. It was her business e-mail, so she did not want to change address.

He would not stop, until she posted the clips on x-tube, and sent the links of his own clips now in the public domain back to him. That is the sort of reality check these idiots need.

Hope it goes away soon

cheers

How about some graffiti in the stalls of public toilets?

Sissy boy likes it big and rough, call __________

To suss him out, if in doubt, call his mobile while he is within sight of you at the hospital and see if his phone rings.

If you keep your eyes open around the markets you can pick up cheap SIM cards for 20b or so, no personal info required. Use one of these to call him.

Edited by bendejo

Okay, this idea is going to need access to a free-standing house with a driveway to the back yard, and preferably not the one where you and your family are living, just in case something doesn't work out right.

First of all dig a trench around 20' long and 8' wide and 6' deep, in the driveway towards the rear of the house, and retain all the landfill somewhere out of sight. Then cover this trench with plywood and lightly spread some gravel over it so it looks like a driveway.

Second, next time you're ladyfriend gets a late night stalker call, if she tells him that you and the lad will be out of town for the weekend, and she really wants to spend the night with him, so come on over (to this address at this place with the plywood driveway) but you must park the car around the back so that the neighbours won't see it and think she's been unfaithful.

So thirdly, Mr Phallus turns up at 8pm and drives around the back, only to have his car drop through the plywood into the trench, at which point you secretly come out of the shadows and just fill in the trench. Not likely to get GSM reception down there if you can use the right sort of gravel.

Sean, You are starting to scare me. :)

How about some graffiti in the stalls of public toilets?

Sissy boy likes it big and rough, call __________

To suss him out, if in doubt, call his mobile while he is within sight of you at the hospital and see if his phone rings.

If you keep your eyes open around the markets you can pick up cheap SIM cards for 20b or so, no personal info required. Use one of these to call him.

He might actually enjoy that, but I agree it would keep him busy.