Tot Internet Down?

AyG

Aparently 7 provinces having problems with TOT at the moment.

Add Koh Samui to your list, TOT adsl has been terrible since thursday, ping to US servers goes well over 1000ms, while packet loss is around 20%...

This is my third week at koh samui, and i have to say internet has been SH*T since day one! When will Thai people learn that internet is no longer a privilege but a necessity , most holidaymakers must stay in touch with their employers even when on holiday!

Happy you brought it up! Chumpae/Phukeu, 8 days now! Sometimes it works,sometimes not.Usually its dead between 16-19.Nothing unusual,though;been problems for a long time...O,k.;I can to some extent accept that there are problems,after all it is a new thing in my area.What I have more difficulty to accept is,that although I do not get the service,I still have to pay full price.Not for the money,it¨s not that big amount,but the principal.And also,they are very slow to respond if a line been knocked down or something like that. I have asked TOT in the local office,but get no answer.I wrote to the headoffice,with the same (lack of) result. What do you guys think;if I want to end my subsciption and refuse to pay for this month,what will happen? Would they sue me?

if I want to end my subsciption and refuse to pay for this month,what will happen? Would they sue me?

Just read the story of another guy here on TV in a similar situation who canceled the contract and refused to pay the cancellation fee. He resorted to a behavior that some might consider rough, but finally made his way to the manager and got the OK, also due to the extensive record of complaints he had filed during the months of service.

fine Hua Hin area, Thank God.

Try giving the help line a bell. Find them very helpful, buggering about with DNS, or whatever they do!!!

Really. Almost every time we have called them, they tell us they will ring back within 30 minutes and normally call the next day, if at all.

Their idea of customer service is appauling. I'd like to buy their company then close it down. Seriously TOT, you've got to be joking....ohh and thanks for getting the internet up again, what time is the next 'out' scheduled for? :)