Ubc - Which Package?

maxcherry

I have UBC Gold. Plenty to look at, both CNN and BBC news. Lots of English. The only thing I wish I had out of the Platinum package is BBC Prime....

Agreed, dashed annoying that BBC Prime is part of the cheapie package and the dearie package but not the middlie package :o:D

I am thinking of getting UBC - will the Silver package be

sufficient for an English speaker(I want English programmes).

Is TCM broadcast in English?

Is MGM broadcast in English?

Is UBC News broadcast in English?

Cheers

I agree there is not much to the silver package, although there are a couple of new additions this year. I've had the gold package for 2 years, pay annually and get the 13th month free. Still quite expensive for what you get, a number of channels are bilingual. There is a large selection of Radio music channels with the 3 packages -- great.

MGM is English, UBC News is primarialy Thai but does have some English bulletins and I can't comment on TCM?

Plenty of UBC agents around the country, best to go in and have a play with their demos.

Actually, I was thinking of getting rid of UBC because of the continual repeats on most channels. :o Got a month left and still tossing it around.

For one reason only --- The Aussie Rules Football (AFL) --- I bought PSI Dmove (one off payment of 15900 Baht) and I think at the end of the day my receiver dish will be rusted and fixed on the PAS 8 satelite --- ABC Asia Pacific and BBC World. Accept for one or two the other 230 odd channels aren't worth looking at.

For one reason only --- The Aussie Rules Football (AFL) --- I bought PSI Dmove (one off payment of 15900 Baht) and I think at the end of the day my receiver dish will be rusted and fixed on the PAS 8 satelite --- ABC Asia Pacific and BBC World. Accept for one or two the other 230 odd channels aren't worth looking at.

I came home the other day to find that the wife had just had the local version of cable TV installed - mainly to get all the Thai channels clearly. It has lots of other Thai channels and the only thing ever worth glancing at is ABC Asia Pacific. I can't really get into that Aussie Rules game but some of the documentaries are OK and I've been enjoying A Touch of Frost. I'm not sure how these local cable deals work but if your one and only reason for having it would be to watch the AFL then it would probably be worth it at 900 baht/year.

I'm on gold too...  It's enough most of the time there's something to watch, although having a poor memory helps deal with repeats...

13th month free?  Every year?  :D

Easy, see the promotions page on the http://www.ubctv.com WEB site --- Pay for 12 months in advance and you get an extra month for free therefore your billing period is 13 months.

Works for me. :o