The Place To Buy Beer.

fw1

It's called Wine Collection, and they've just opened a shop in the new shopping plaza opposite Nana. :o Apart from selling a lot of good wines, they also sell a lot of bottled Czech beer, and my favourite, the Belgian Beer Leffe. If you like good beer, it's worth having a look.

Okay: beers are priced between 130-160 a bottle, which is cheaper than some nightclubs, and you get a blue label across the top to show that it's an imported item. As we know, you can't put a price on good beer, though you can deem it to be a luxury, which will definately add to the cost of your night significantly, owing to the fact that it has a tendency to go down like water. I have liked Leffe for a long time and can never drink less than 3 in one go.

Wines: lots of good wines from around the world on sale. Again not cheap, but you could pick up a decent table wine for around 500.

Parking: none that I saw for cars, though there's a few steps outside the shop/store to park your rear on, should you wish to down your beers/wines before going anywhere else.

I think we are talking about the new Nana Square?

Yes, this shop has underground parking.

Also, across the street is the Villa Supermarket with even a bigger selection.

Thanks Jeff.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know, whether that place has more wines than Villa.

And now there's a new Villa on Nana? When did that open?

And does that Villa have a parking lot?

Edited by Nordlys

I think we are talking about the new Nana Square?

Yes, this shop has underground parking.

Also, across the street is the Villa Supermarket with even a bigger selection.

Thanks Jeff.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know, whether that place has more wines than Villa.

And now there's a new Villa on Nana? When did that open?

And does that Villa have a parking lot?

The Villa is on Soi 2 , in Ploenchit Center.

The biggest selection of wine I've seen in Thailand.

Yes, they have underground parking.

Segwaying a bit here Jeff... but can a Segway make it up that ramp in the parking garage??? :D Haven't been to Wine Connection but will do this week. Villa wines? Great selection. Can find some decent quality 'buy one get one' from time to time but first do the math to make sure it is in fact a deal. :D

What's with the 6 or so 'wine stewardesses' hanging about mostly preening... :D:o

"What's with the 6 or so 'wine stewardesses' hanging about mostly preening..."

So THAT'S the reason I see you lurking around there...

Daniel,

I guess I need to invite you over for an appropriate test. I suggest we Segway over to the Villa Wine Dept and see how many bottles fit in the cargo attachment.

I use my Segway to go to the Villa from my place on Soi 4 and been up and down that ramp dozens of times. Power to spare. Hills are no problem.

Some of my friends have been offroading. Pictures you might enjoy:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/youngjarvis/album?.dir=/dc66

Anybody interestd in the abilities of the Segway, self-balancing transporter can stop by for a free demonstration ride.

90 minute Segway sightseeing rides depart every day at 9am and 5pm from the Woraburi Hotel at the end of Soi Nana 4.

"What's with the 6 or so 'wine stewardesses' hanging about mostly preening..."

So THAT'S the reason I see you lurking around there...

Erm, actually I find them a complete nuisance but hey, they have to work, as it were :o

Anybody interestd in the abilities of the Segway, self-balancing transporter can stop by for a free demonstration ride.

I like segways Jeff but use the good ol' 'beer scooter' . You have any of these options?? :D

"I like segways Jeff but use the good ol' 'beer scooter' . You have any..."

I've had a few close calls on the beer scooter myself.

(that's why I went with the self-balancing model)

Similarly after a Segway Tour a large portion of the passenger's in-pocket cash is taken :o

Wine collection supply the wine that is available in V9, Sofitel Silom.

Talking about V9 in Sofitel. I met recently the French girl in charge of the sales for the hotel, trying to sell me quite a few nights there...

And V9 came into the conversation: 'the best and cheapest wine bar in Bangkok'

I never went there, did some of you try?

Wine collection supply the wine that is available in V9, Sofitel Silom.

Talking about V9 in Sofitel. I met recently the French girl in charge of the sales for the hotel, trying to sell me quite a few nights there...

And V9 came into the conversation: 'the best and cheapest wine bar in Bangkok'

I never went there, did some of you try?

Last floor (I think) of Sofitel, a nice selection of wine (as many as in most wine shops), not overpriced: the same price as in Wine Connection (you can drink a decent one for 600/700), and they also have good and expensive ones.

The staff can be good, or have no idea of what they're talking about, depends if you're lucky.

They of course serve any other alcools (not only wine).

It's also a restaurant (not open for lunch), but never tried the food there.

There is a nice view on the city, live music. Farangs and "high class" thais.

En résumé, I agree with the girl who tried to convince you to go there: the best and cheapest wine bar I tried in Bangkok (there maybe better ones, but I haven't found them yet).

BUT it closes early, around midnight I think.

En résumé, I agree with the girl who tried to convince you to go there: the best and cheapest wine bar I tried in Bangkok (there maybe better ones, but I haven't found them yet).

Maybe one of these days, we should organize a TV pissup there.

With all the wine lovers.

I'm one of them and the good Dr. is also, I think. :o

And concerning Wine Connection there is a Free delivery service for big drinkers, even outside of bangkok for more than 24 bottles (more than 4000 bahts inside bangkok).

Thanks for the links Yeti :o

BTW does any wine lover out there know where I can get Napa wine, Duckhorn - Merlot, year 2001 (full bodied)? I searched in the wine collection product catalogue but it doesn't seem to be in their stock. And any idea on price?