It Finally Happened...

Wolfie

Wow, it is sad, it surprised me how old play stations and atari's etc still work but all this modern gear (not just xbox) claps out so quickly. Makes you wonder what their real intentions are, doesnt it? $$$$$$ :)

Wow, it is sad, it surprised me how old play stations and atari's etc still work but all this modern gear (not just xbox) claps out so quickly. Makes you wonder what their real intentions are, doesnt it? $$$$$$ :)

You answered your own question ND, planned obsolescence. Besides which Wolfie is showing his age by keeping a tekkie gadget for so long. C'mon man you're only supposed to have these things until the updated version hits the shops.

Bit like me and my mobile. It cost me a whopping $60 (1.0 x 106 VND) back in 2007 and I'm still using it and no intention of renewing until it goes tits up.

Wow, it is sad, it surprised me how old play stations and atari's etc still work but all this modern gear (not just xbox) claps out so quickly. Makes you wonder what their real intentions are, doesnt it? $$$ :)

You answered your own question ND, planned obsolescence. Besides which Wolfie is showing his age by keeping a tekkie gadget for so long. C'mon man you're only supposed to have these things until the updated version hits the shops.

Bit like me and my mobile. It cost me a whopping $60 (1.0 x 106 VND) back in 2007 and I'm still using it and no intention of renewing until it goes tits up.

Clearly we are one of a similar breed phil (bad news for you).

My mobile is nearly 7 years old and still going strong. My GF laughs at me when I talk about it, shes into updating as much as possible :D .

Does this mean I should turn off my Atari & buy something newer? I was almost mastering the tennis game. :D

What model was it ? I'll bring two 360 consoles with me to Thailand and hope they will live a long live. One has already been replaced and the other is a recent one.

Did you try the hot towel trick ? :)

What model was it ? I'll bring two 360 consoles with me to Thailand and hope they will live a long live. One has already been replaced and the other is a recent one.

Don't do the towel trick. I fixed mine for less than $30 dollars. You need to replace the X Clamp. More details can be found by googling or watching you tube.

A list of stuff you will need to purchase first.

What you need:

Artic Silver 5 thermal Compound

8 Machine Screws Pan Head Slotted-M5 .80x10

16 Flat Washers-5mm-

16 Nylon Washers-#10

Torx T8 and T10

Small Precision screwdriver set

Small Flat Head screwdriver

Big Flat Head screwdriver

Adjustable Wrench

70% Rubbing Alcohol and Qtips(cotton buds) to clean cpu and gpu

-

Recommend if you want to clean the dust use Dust Remover

You put metal washer on screw then put nylon which goes against the motherboard so on heatsink side put nylon washer then metal washer.

• 3 months later...

Don't do the towel trick. I fixed mine for less than $30 dollars. You need to replace the X Clamp. More details can be found by googling or watching you tube.

A list of stuff you will need to purchase first.

What you need:

Artic Silver 5 thermal Compound

8 Machine Screws Pan Head Slotted-M5 .80x10

16 Flat Washers-5mm-

16 Nylon Washers-#10

Torx T8 and T10

Small Precision screwdriver set

Small Flat Head screwdriver

Big Flat Head screwdriver

Adjustable Wrench

70% Rubbing Alcohol and Qtips(cotton buds) to clean cpu and gpu

-

Recommend if you want to clean the dust use Dust Remover

You put metal washer on screw then put nylon which goes against the motherboard so on heatsink side put nylon washer then metal washer.

You can buy little repair kits containing these things cheaply from ebay.com or similar. They are pretty cheap.