Nice 1,000 To 1,200 Baht Place In Lamai Beach

Hi,

I am a single American man and I am looking for a nice quiet, clean hotel or guest house with a big bed, and a big shower in Lamai beach for the third week of March. Can anyone tell me a nice place for 1,000 to 1,2000 baht per night?

Thank you kindly

Seabreeze place [ http://samuiseabreezeplace.com/index.html ]

Lamai perfect

Weekender (maybe a little higher than budget) [http://www.weekender-samui.com/ ]

Aumpai (beach road or near temple)

There are plenty of others that you could find walking around and looking . As stated above arrive, walk in and speak nicely whilst haggling ;D.

Edited by brzy

Seabreeze place [ http://samuiseabreezeplace.com/index.html ]

Lamai perfect

Weekender (maybe a little higher than budget) [http://www.weekender-samui.com/ ]

Aumpai (beach road or near temple)

There are plenty of others that you could find walking around and looking . As stated above arrive, walk in and speak nicely whilst haggling ;D.

Aumpai can be noisey at night due to its poor design of open vents so you hear everybody and room doors that slam and echoe all down the corridor!

My suggestion would be Am Samui Palace opposite the entrance to Lamais walking street. Very well run and clean you should get a room for approx 1300b. The staff there are very friendly and looked after my disabled friend really well.

Lamai Perfect resort is in my opinion defiinitely the best place to stay in Lamai. Big and nice clean rooms, humongous beds, very friendly staff and prices well within your budget. Rooms start at 800 baht!

Hi Perkie where did you get 800 baht from on there website it saying 1200-1500

I'd like to look at the Lamai Perfect, Holiday Park, Seabrereze and Marina Beach Resort. I have the impression that they're only about 5 minutes or so from each other but I have luggage. Can anyone suggest a logical order to look starting at one end of town going to the other. Thanks.

www.marinasamui.net

www.miramare-samui.com

Been staying there for 15 years cant go wrong

NB :)

Hey NB, that's where I was going to stay since was very happy with my stay in the East Wing building 5 years ago.

Then I saw the thread about how there may be raw sewage in the Gulf and was thinking that perhaps a hotel with a pool might be better.

When I last stayed there was no West Wing building, how does that compare to East Wing? And if I remember correctly the bungalows did not seem as nice as the East Wing. Which type of room do u like best there?

[NB :)

Hey NB, that's where I was going to stay since was very happy with my stay in the East Wing building 5 years ago.

Then I saw the thread about how there may be raw sewage in the Gulf and was thinking that perhaps a hotel with a pool might be better.

When I last stayed there was no West Wing building, how does that compare to East Wing? And if I remember correctly the bungalows did not seem as nice as the East Wing. Which type of room do u like best there?

West and east wing available it was october last year,i use the standard and beach front bungalows

NB

Lamai Perfect resort is in my opinion defiinitely the best place to stay in Lamai. Big and nice clean rooms, humongous beds, very friendly staff and prices well within your budget. Rooms start at 800 baht!

Hi Perkie where did you get 800 baht from on there website it saying 1200-1500

Hey I got married here on Koh Samui last month and I had some friends over from England for the day so needed to find them somewhere to stay. One of my friends suggested there so I went in and asked for the prices. The rooms start at 800 baht and for that you get a balcony room with a humongous bed and clean bathroom. The room was pretty big for a hotel room and the lady who owned it was super friendly. I live in Namuang but I even booked a room there for the week with my friend to save on the taxi fare each day to Lamai and back. Definitely worth popping in for a look and right in the centre of town too, though still set back off the road enough to be quiet! Will definitely go back there again!

what u want me to tell you and u will give me 1000 or 1200 a night just for telling u. ok done deal. discount for u 1000 baht. will let u know when the money is in my bank. i 'll tell u anything u want to know for 1000 baht a night. noticed allot of zeros on the end or 1,2000. either a zero wrong or a comma

Edited by BigC

what u want me to tell you and u will give me 1000 or 1200 a night just for telling u. ok done deal. discount for u 1000 baht. will let u know when the money is in my bank. i 'll tell u anything u want to know for 1000 baht a night. noticed allot of zeros on the end or 1,2000. either a zero wrong or a comma

I had no idea you worked for the Bank of Abuja. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I wound up staying at the Holiday Park for 800 a night and am very happy there. Excellent pool.

:)

I'm glad you liked it.

I have been stayng at holiday park when in samui for the past 6 years or so. it's a family run hotel and they're always pleased to see a returning customer. it's in a good location close to the centre of beach road and slightly off the road to remain reasonably quiet.

the staff are friendly and can be trusted with motorbike rentals etc - no 'you scratch bike....you pay 5000THB' scams.

you must've stayed in the older rooms for 800THB - thats what I do too. although they're older, they still have decent aircon, TV and are big and clean.

they have new deluxe rooms in the other block and I believe they charge 1000THB+ for them.

the new deluxe rooms and the pool were only built approx 3 years ago - there used to be a block of 300THB fan rooms where the pool was and that's where me and my mates stayed on our first times in samui.....those were good days!! :D

Thanks for turning me on to it Game4Shame! :)

Yup, the old wing, suits my needs perfectly. AC, cable TV, in room safe, and a unique pool that's a big plus.

Free wifi in lobby, but I'm able to pick it up in my room, but that's not promised.

That said, the standard rooms are not for fussy people, for example, there is no toilet paper holder in the bathroom, actually the entire bathroom is quite basic.

But I really like the place and the location, and the price is right.

Thanks for turning me on to it Game4Shame! :D

:)

Yup, the old wing, suits my needs perfectly. AC, cable TV, in room safe, and a unique pool that's a big plus.

Free wifi in lobby, but I'm able to pick it up in my room, but that's not promised.

That said, the standard rooms are not for fussy people, for example, there is no toilet paper holder in the bathroom, actually the entire bathroom is quite basic.

But I really like the place and the location, and the price is right.

the deluxe rooms are only a few hundred THB more a night and they are a fair step up in quality so any fussy customers could opt for them. :D

however, like yourself, the standard rooms suit me fine. the AC, cable, free WIFI, nice pool, friendly staff, price and location are the big plus points.