My Chingcho Loves Me

TheLaughingMan

Perhaps my lack of friends is clouding my thought process but this little Chingcho living in my kitchen really makes me happy! I occasionally see him wiggling across my floor or counter trying to escape my gaze and it makes me chuckle every time. It's like having a pet that you don't actually have to take care of and is very unintrusive as he doesn't make appearances often. Am I the only one that thinks these tiny lizards are adorable? If I saw a big spider crawling across the room I wouldn't think that was cute at all.... but these chingchos are great. Am I nuts or are they actually as cute as I think they are? :)

I have the little yellow ones that hang out with me here all the time. I too get a kick out of them as they zip around on the walls. I named the first one I saw when I first moved here, but I quickly learned that my new "pet" had a few hundred friends and family all over the apartment building. These days I call them all "Bob", and it is nice to have some company once in a while that doesn't require any maintenance, conversational skills, or even manners for that matter. It's just one of the simple pleasures of living here. I don't know if the little guys could be called cute, but I think they're pretty cool to have around.

Bug eating machines and compact them into little cigar shaped turds all over the place. need to figure out how to keep from smashing them in the windows and doors when closing them though. If yours wants a buddy I have wayyyyyy to many and would gladly part with a few dozen if you want them! :)

Edited by nputman

I have one or possibly more in my condo. I have only seen one of them at a time, and since they all look the same not sure if its the same one. I suspect there is more 'cos of the <deleted> they leave behind. Can 1 lizard leave 3 shites overnight???

Everytime my wife sees it(them) she says "your friend is here"...

I have this sliding and hinged gate to my drive way. The less bright ones seem to live in there in the hinged part. Many is the morning I have opened the gate and found a little flapping bit of jingjok that got trapped in the HEAVY metal gate. I feel bad for them so started checking the gate. Nice little fellas really.

If you want to make you "pet" chingchok do "tricks" for you, get a red LED laser pointer. They will follow it (just about) anywhere! Point it about 3-5cm in front of them and they will "perk up" and try to "eat" it. Once you have their attention, they will follow it where ever you lead them. Lots of fun!! :-)

I used to have one but he disappeared on me. Loved the little guy, I hope another one moves in.

You can have a dozen or so from my place. Great for eating the insects and mozzies but if only they didn't sh*t so much.laugh.gif

Unfortunately I dont think they are able to catch the mozzies.

By the way, quite a few here in Thailand believe if you eat them alive, you will gain much power, and never get sick.

An 83 year old man was interviewed on tv, and showed how he eat them alive, and he claimed he had never been sick.

This on Thai televison not long ago.

Mine is called Garry. He's very shy, especially about making eye contact. I often catch him out of the corner of my eye poking his head out from the back of the cupboard where he lives, but when I turn to look at and greet him, he shuffles back out of view.

We were away for 2 wks recently - when we got back, amazed at how much crap they'd decorated the house with.

One or more live in our aircon unit - I have visions of them in there laying back, relaxing in the cool air . . . gf hates them and shows no mercy, it's eviction or death depending on how fast they can run

lovely. but i would recommend at least learning to write and pronounce his name right. it will help diffuse some cross-species tension should the relationship continue.

lovely. but i would recommend at least learning to write and pronounce his name right. it will help diffuse some cross-species tension should the relationship continue.

:D indeed.

also they are quite nice deep fried and dipped in some sweet chilli sauce. :)

I have a tookay living behind my fridge. Now that's rather spooky :)

Simon

I used to have a Tokay behind my fridge.

So I lured it around the side of the fridge then quickly slammed the fridge side against the wall.

Cleaned up the mess.

Job Done.