Looking For Hotel Recomendation In Chaing Rai

asia_pilot

la lunar resort, out near the old airport. little bungalow style accom in nice gardens with pool. international breakfast, bar with cocktails and happy hour, nice staff. use it often when staying up in chiangrai.

Edited by alant

I,ve stayed twice @ the wang-come hotel, good rooms, pool,good tour desk done a day trip to golden triangle with my young bloke a couple of years back, all good, hotel in centre of town, couple of bars around corner.

regards songhklasid.

Baan Bua is a guesthouse. Charming hostess and extremely polite staff and at ฿400 per night it's great value. But in the basis of the op, this is not what ur looking for

Mid Class Hotel

acceptable western style breakfast buffet

swimming pool

good location

Yes, Rim Kok. Probably 2 km out of town. Best breakfast, best pool, on the river, boat trip up to elephant camp for extra baht. Rent bikes or motorbikes in town. "Fat Free" bikes,"S.T." motorbikes on Jetyod road. See "Wat Rung Koon" the White Temple (and check out the paintings in the exhibit building on the grounds by the same artist of the Wat, you can buy copies. Extraordinary! I bought a print on canvas of H.M. the King portrayed as helping the souls of Thailand.Which I had framed. Inspiring! ) Khun Korn waterfall is nice, buy some bar-b-q chicken about half way up the final road on the right. Go way up to the Queen's garden up around Doi Tung- Doi Mae Salong. Mae Sai up on the Burma border is just not my cup of tea. See tour guides for whatever. Suzuki 4 wheel to Doi Chung is fun. Expect the air to have some smoke. I have lived here for 4 years, and hope to die here. Cheers!