Has Entery Rules Changes From Last Year For Visa's

Last Jan 2,2009 I bought a 90 day round trip ticket and after about three weeks went into Loas to get an extension, for a total of 90 days. I am an American starting trip last year at SLC Utah to LAX then to Korea and into Phuket. Now I am At SLC holding a 60 day round trip ticket and the Delta Air gave me a little trouble about not haveing a Visa beyond the first 30 days, however let me fly on to LAX where China Air will deal with this. Have the rules changed and did I have to have a Visa in hand at time of boarding plane to be able to stay the extra 30 days for a total of 60? I planned to do the same thing as I did last year, to get to Thailand and get the Visa 30 day extension after arrival???

If you don't have a visa, you need to have an airline ticket out of the country within 30 days. That has always been the rule.

With China Airlines, you should not have a problem. My understanding is that they will allow you to sign a statement in which you declare to reimburse them for any costs if you would be denied entry into Thailand. That is the return flight and the fine immigration will give the airline for taking you with them without a proper visa. Immigration in Thailand rarely checks, they leave it to the airline.

Better to have a tourist visa if you don't have a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days. With a visa it doesn't matter if you have a return flight. Even a one-way ticket is enough.

If you don't have a visa, you need to have an airline ticket out of the country within 30 days. That has always been the rule.

With China Airlines, you should not have a problem. My understanding is that they will allow you to sign a statement in which you declare to reimburse them for any costs if you would be denied entry into Thailand. That is the return flight and the fine immigration will give the airline for taking you with them without a proper visa. Immigration in Thailand rarely checks, they leave it to the airline.

Better to have a tourist visa if you don't have a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days. With a visa it doesn't matter if you have a return flight. Even a one-way ticket is enough.

Thanks for being so fast I guess last year was a fluke that no one questioned me having a 90 day round trip ticket and not having a visa when I arrived

Thanks I will keep my fingers crossed

If you have any problems, you just will have to buy a one-way airticket to a neigboring country. Can be a fully refundable or a very cheap ticket, doesn't matter if you use it or not.

But China Airlines let you just sign a statement in Europe. I suppose they do the same in the US.