New Passport

Gladiator

Correct, no charge.

They do not transfer visa's, but details of your visa and your permission to stay. If you have a valid visa for entry to Thailand, you will have to use both passports when entering Thailand again. The old one for the visa, the new one to get the permission to stay.

Correct, no charge.

They do not transfer visa's, but details of your visa and your permission to stay. If you have a valid visa for entry to Thailand, you will have to use both passports when entering Thailand again. The old one for the visa, the new one to get the permission to stay.

I have been in and out a number of times and entering Thailand have never been asked for my old passport with the original visa, on which my extension to stay is based, in it. I did have had a reentry visa in my new passport.

I really do not know what they transferred from my old passport to my new one, visa or details of visa so I stand corrected, but it has worked seamlessly for me during exit, reentry and renewal without ever showing my old passport.

It would be off the wall to try to come into Thailand and tell them that my visa is in my old passport which I do not have with me.

After my visa was transferred to the new passport last July, my embassy not only punched and cancelled my old passport, they took it (as required by regulations back home).

My new passport has the transferred visa, a copy of the first entry to Thailand on the non-B, and a valid extension since then, and a reentry permit.

Please don't tell me I will have problems if I want to go on holiday, and I am stuck in Thailand forever, with the old passport gone for good.

:)

Correct, no charge.

Right on.

:)