U.s. Consulate Fee

westbounder

Hi,

I am getting a letter this week from the U.S. Consulate to verify my monthly income (sworn affidavit).

Thai immigration needs this letter for me to apply for my retirement visa.

How much will the U.S. Consulate charge me for this sworn affidavit?

Thank You kindly

Going back two years, I want to say 1,020 baht and hopefully this can be confirmed or updated...

CB

I was just there last week, it is $30.00 or 1,020 baht if you pay in baht (if paying in bath keep an eye on the exchange rate, it could go up or down but it will always be $30.00 in US currency).

BB

The fee is going to increase soon to over $50 or more, as is the fee for additional pages, plus renewal of passport will go up too...

Chorizo

How long have they been charging for extra visa pages? This has always been free in the past.

They charged my friend in Laos when she went to get more pages in her passport. I believed she said it was around $35. Is it free here? >_> I'm in need of pages... since Laos decides they need 1 and 3/4 pages and I'm going back and forth to visit family soon.

They charged my friend in Laos when she went to get more pages in her passport. I believed she said it was around $35. Is it free here? >_> I'm in need of pages... since Laos decides they need 1 and 3/4 pages and I'm going back and forth to visit family soon.

In the past 10 years or so, I have had visa pages added in Bangkok, Chiangmai and Kabul and have never had to pay a fee, now in the US there is a charge, but overseas it has always been free. My last set of pages were from Kabul 2 years ago. But things change and it wouldn't surprise me if they are charging these days.....

Edited by Diablo Bob

Change is coming and the fees will go up. $82 for extra pages with notorial services going up to $50. Attached is a page from the Federal Register that shows the new rates that will come into being, date of implementation now unknown.

What is sickening is it looks like the labor rates are based on US rates. Most of the work is done by Thais in the embassy. It looks like the visa application rate doubles so the immigrants are getting hit harder than the US citizens.

Heard a story that the American Citizen's Services unit at the US Embassy is very busy with people getting pages added before the new rates come into play.

DOS_2010_0035_0001.pdf

Change is coming and the fees will go up. $82 for extra pages with notorial services going up to $50. Attached is a page from the Federal Register that shows the new rates that will come into being, date of implementation now unknown.

What is sickening is it looks like the labor rates are based on US rates. Most of the work is done by Thais in the embassy. It looks like the visa application rate doubles so the immigrants are getting hit harder than the US citizens.

Heard a story that the American Citizen's Services unit at the US Embassy is very busy with people getting pages added before the new rates come into play.

Do u know the date for the change?

Chorizo: Look at the last sentence in Puyaidon's first paragraph.

[Change is coming and the fees will go up. $82 for extra pages with notorial services going up to $50. Attached is a page from the Federal Register that shows the new rates that will come into being, date of implementation now unknown.]

You can add 2 packets of extra pages before they are needed (you still have blank pages remaining in your passport) as long as you haven't added them in the past. In other words, there is a limit as to how many extra page packets that can be added. The limit is two packets. So if you go now you are saving up to $164 U.S.

Do u know the date for the chang

A mighty thanks to you for the link. Some of the increases in fees across the board are amazing. I made the mistake of watching the Micheal Moore movie " Capitalism, A love Story" last week and was sick to my stomach for 2 days. I think we as expats are lucky to escape.

From what I can read the new fees will come into effect very soon. They give 30 days from Feb 9,2010 for

citizen input :-) and a few minutes to read them. Better make your appointment on line today :-)

Heaven help us, :)

Thank YOU for the link, messed up on my earlier reply. :)

A mighty thanks to you for the link. Some of the increases in fees across the board are amazing. I made the mistake of watching the Micheal Moore movie " Capitalism, A love Story" last week and was sick to my stomach for 2 days. I think we as expats are lucky to escape.

From what I can read the new fees will come into effect very soon. They give 30 days from Feb 9,2010 for

citizen input :-) and a few minutes to read them. Better make your appointment on line today :-)

Expats as a group are rather small, their votes insignificant, thus lacking any power with the politicians. We are an easy group upon which to pick, because the mass of voters don't care about us. That is why they can raise these fees on us like this. It is why if you live in the U.S. with your Thai wife and you die, she can collect survivor's benefits, but if she lives here, she cannot collect them despite the fact you pais into the system all your life.

And, Mr. CMdream, if you really want to escape, don't forget you will first have to pay the new $450 fee to renounce citizenship (up from $0)!icon6.gif (Better to laugh than to cry.)

Expats as a group are rather small, their votes insignificant, thus lacking any power with the politicians. We are an easy group upon which to pick, because the mass of voters don't care about us. That is why they can raise these fees on us like this. It is why if you live in the U.S. with your Thai wife and you die, she can collect survivor's benefits, but if she lives here, she cannot collect them despite the fact you pais into the system all your life.

And, Mr. CMdream, if you really want to escape, don't forget you will first have to pay the new $450 fee to renounce citizenship (up from $0)!icon6.gif (Better to laugh than to cry.)

Wouldn't it be easier to apply for citizenship in another country (Punishable by loss of US Citizenship) and let the US Government take away your US Passport? That would be free! :D

:D I missed that one, Now they want you to pay to renounce. There must be a market there :D Lets open a website and cash in.

And, Mr. CMdream, if you really want to escape, don't forget you will first have to pay the new $450 fee to renounce citizenship (up from $0)! (Better to laugh than to cry.)

:D I missed that one, Now they want you to pay to renounce. There must be a market there :) Lets open a website and cash in.

If you have decent $$$ Dont forget the exit tax... :D