Paperwork For Importing Pet Dog To Thailand

I've read that the "importing a pet to Thailand" has been covered in this forum, but what I don't see is what Paperwork you need to bring a pet into Thailand, through Chiang Mai and not flying through Bangkok - if that makes a difference? (by paperwork I mean what paperwork that is pre-available and needed before you arrive in Thailand)

I've looked at the Thai Dept. of Livestock, etc's website, and they do talk about having certain forms before you bring your pet, but unfortunately maybe because I'm blonde or because its Monday, I can't seem to find the forms on-line. Do you need a form to bring the pet into the country or is it a form that is filled out once you are in the country?Any help will be very much appreciated

PG

Hi,

You need an export permit and health certificate form the country where you come from. Up-to-date vaccination book and preferable a copy of it. And your pet need an ID, either tattoo or microchip.

From Thailand you need an import permit. The application form you can get online:

Application form for importing live animal:

http://www.dld.go.th/dcontrol/09Download/Move/form_r1-1.doc

Address, tel. and fax number at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bkk:

http://www.dld.go.th/dcontrol/image/AQS.jpg

You need to get this form at least 15 days before your pet arrives in Thailand and it is 30 days valid.

If you have trouble getting the application form I provide this service by going to the Animal Quarantine Station, but only for import through the port of Chiangmai Airport Animal Quarantine. Just pm or email (see website on my profile) me if the need arises.

Nienke

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am Takky. I was work in international relocation company before. I have an expereience about to coordinate with Jetpet to get import permit in Thailand for the cats and dogs. I'm Thai nationality and I have some connection with quarantine animal department(thai officer who take care of issue import permit).

:-)

If you interested or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact me CAN PM THE POSTER.

• 2 weeks later...