Red Shirts Plan To Paralyse Bangkok, Topple Thai Government

webfact

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't. If someone threw that at me I'd consider it an act of violence, perhaps even attempted murder. And I would likely react violently. If someone threw that at you I assume you'd just wipe it off with a smile?

And the homemade grenade launchers nothing proven but my bets would be on where general consensus suggests they were intended to go.

Not with a smile, but I would surely be angry of you would throw a bag of poop at me. But I wouldn't react violently like you said you would. I'm not a violent person, that's the difference :)

It's not going to work as planned.

Ok, maybe a bunch of people will show up, but the existing government will be fine after the dust settles. Have there been reports of payments for attending?

The Abhisit government is legit and decent. There's no real groundswell against him and his administration. It's another last-ditch and desperate means for an extremely selfish man to try and put his hands back on big money and absolute power.

I see the OP photo of Thaksin with the words "Thailand needs change" He's trying to copy Obama's success with that line. Yes, Thailand needs change, it needs to get good people in leadership roles, and get away from the ugly patterns of having people like Thaksin in the driver's seat. Thailand needs to change being so tolerable to treasonous people like Thaksin. It needs to change being so forgiving to Thaksin's puppets, like Sae Daeng, who toss explosives here and there.

The sooner Thailand changes from being harassed from Thaksin and his followers, the sooner Thailand can get moving forward to improving quality of life and cleaning up the environment and doing the many other things that have been put off because of the incessant hassling from Thaksin and his paid intimidators.

Are you saying that the Abhisit government was democraticaly elected?

lol

lol

Airport siege + military coup + removing enough seats of the opposition party in parliament until you get a majority = democratically elected.

makes sense to me.

It isn't. If someone threw that at me I'd consider it an act of violence, perhaps even attempted murder.

:)

Bloody hel_l mate.

It would be a very bad thing but attempted murder!!!

Don't know, if it was large bag of sun dried poop it dropped from a height it could do some damage. :D

Edited by mrtoad

lol

Airport siege + military coup + removing enough seats of the opposition party in parliament until you get a majority = democratically elected.

makes sense to me.

1 + 3 = 5 seems to makes more sense to you :)

lol

makes sense to me.

You're a toad. What do you know about math? Nothing.

He WAS the Prime Minister of Thailand, he never got voted out of power the people who voted for him -

Apparently you do not know your modern Thai history. He WAS the PM. He (nobody else) dissolved parliament. The next elections failed to seat a government. The constitution did not allow for there to be a caretaker government for the total time there was one -- so the caretaker government was extra-constitutional. The military stepped in and took the reins and installed a government and created a new constitution (arguably less democratic than the 1997 constitution but with all the checks and balances needed to run a democracy in place) The junta installed government then called new elections.

Thaksin's party was disbanded for electoral fraud. Samak was tossed out but could have returned even with the BKK charges hanging over him. Somchai was knocked out when PPP was disbanded for electoral fraud. The current government was elected by the same MP's that elected Samak (Thaksin crony) and Somchai (Thaksin's brother-in-law).

Now -- your claim that nobody but those in Isaan or Northern Thailand know anything about Thailand is just silly. Then again I am posting from Chiang Mai and not England :)

You left out why the elections failed to seat a government, a pretty important detail mind you.

More or less the same people that now run the current government were responsible for that elections going amiss. The reason why was clear to anyone, if you can't win elections by going to the polls, you sabotage them and hope the militairy steps in..

lol

makes sense to me.

You're a toad. What do you know about math? Nothing.

Well you are The Rainman - so I guess you are good at counting cards

It isn't. If someone threw that at me I'd consider it an act of violence, perhaps even attempted murder.

Bloody hel_l mate.

Yes attempted murder. Fecal material is a biohazardous material that can carry various potentially fatal diseases, such as hepatitis and HIV to name two.

It is being reported that Suthep will tomorrow discuss calling for a State of Emergency (SOE). If this happens it will be an indication that the military, who already have vast powers via the ISA, are waiting to see how Abhisit handles things.

Please excuse my ignorance, if you will, but what would a SOE do? Good? Bad?

I'm not trolling or trying to start a flame war, but I'm not sure what it would do in this case?

It is a valid question. It is a short term measure that gives the government powers above and beyond what is in the legal codes. For example, it allows emergency decrees covering searches, people congregating, restriction on travel, curfews and most importantly, allows the government to call in the military who can then work independently of the police. Under the existing ISA, the military would still have to work with the police.

Said another way, it is a legal method that allows the government to violate people's rights, but only for a short period.

You left out why the elections failed to seat a government, a pretty important detail mind you.

More or less the same people that now run the current government were responsible for that elections going amiss. The reason why was clear to anyone, if you can't win elections by going to the polls, you sabotage them and hope the militairy steps in..

Hmmmmm There is a point you have there ....

But then that opens up so much more ancient history such as why did Thaksin after having the largest win in history suddenly dissolve parliament (which is the basic fact that led to ALL of this mess). The answer being was to try to cover his company's sale to Temasek and the soon to happen disbanding of TRT. The Dems certainly weren't looking for a coup out of it. I think they were looking for Thaksin to actually step down and quit politics like he promised. Those of us that have watched Thai politics closely for the last 10 years know better than to trust a Thaksin promise by now, don't we? Thaksin was beset by scandal after scandal and was trying to use the polling booth to whitewash it. The Dems (and everyone else) knew it was a very short time before TRT was gone and chose not to play that game. Remember there was absolutely no reason for those snap elections Thaksin tried a ploy he thought could help him and the Democrats did the same with their No Vote run.

Typically when you are on the raolroad tracks it aint the caboose that kills you! This time the locomotive was Thaksin and the snap elections (or the sale to Temasek, or the airport scanners, or or or or )

He WAS the Prime Minister of Thailand, he never got voted out of power the people who voted for him -

Apparently you do not know your modern Thai history. He WAS the PM. He (nobody else) dissolved parliament. The next elections failed to seat a government. The constitution did not allow for there to be a caretaker government for the total time there was one -- so the caretaker government was extra-constitutional. The military stepped in and took the reins and installed a government and created a new constitution (arguably less democratic than the 1997 constitution but with all the checks and balances needed to run a democracy in place) The junta installed government then called new elections.

Thaksin's party was disbanded for electoral fraud. Samak was tossed out but could have returned even with the BKK charges hanging over him. Somchai was knocked out when PPP was disbanded for electoral fraud. The current government was elected by the same MP's that elected Samak (Thaksin crony) and Somchai (Thaksin's brother-in-law).

Now -- your claim that nobody but those in Isaan or Northern Thailand know anything about Thailand is just silly. Then again I am posting from Chiang Mai and not England :)

To continue the points made above, and the first is well summarized, Thaksin proxy PMs were installed. When Samak (RIP) proved to be less puppet and more the independent strong man himself (not predictable?), he was shunned aside on the occasion of exploiting an unrelated court decision, in favor of Thaksin's brother in law. The Thaksin proxies went from one being too strong and himself too independent and powerful, to the absolute opposite of a PM Somchai who was an obvious and flimsy appendage of Thaksin himself.

Any puppet government(s) controlled from abroad are alien to any soverieign independent nation so realignments were made in the elected parliament which resulted in a governing coalition rooted within the borders of the country. It's not a difficult circumstance to recognize, acknowledge and to understand, this matter of control of the parliament and government either from abroad or by elected officials in the country who are elected by voters in the country. Could you imagine the former in your country?

It becomes even more clear and easier to understand when the convicted fugitive figure abroad directing the puppet PMs and governments then becomes an officially appointed official of the government of the adjacent competitor sovereign nation state, Cambodia, which itself is overseen by a leader of shameless authoritaranism. The wisdom and necessity of dumping the puppet governments controlled and directed by a sinister force from the distant abroad and later in joint collaboration with a neighboring despot becomes unmistakably recognizable, understandable, imperative.

Edited by Publicus

so for those who like numbers, to amass 1 million protestors guessing that there are already 120k here

there need to be on average 37,446.8 red shirts arriving in bkk per hour for the next 23.5 hours

or 4680.8 pickups with 8 ppl per hour

or 12482.2 tuk tuks carrying 3 ppl per hour

or 18,723 buffalows with 2 riders per hour....

Hmmmmm There is a point you have there ....

But then that opens up so much more ancient history such as why did Thaksin after having the largest win in history suddenly dissolve parliament (which is the basic fact that led to ALL of this mess). The answer being was to try to cover his company's sale to Temasek and the soon to happen disbanding of TRT. The Dems certainly weren't looking for a coup out of it. I think they were looking for Thaksin to actually step down and quit politics like he promised. Those of us that have watched Thai politics closely for the last 10 years know better than to trust a Thaksin promise by now, don't we? Thaksin was beset by scandal after scandal and was trying to use the polling booth to whitewash it. The Dems (and everyone else) knew it was a very short time before TRT was gone and chose not to play that game. Remember there was absolutely no reason for those snap elections Thaksin tried a ploy he thought could help him and the Democrats did the same with their No Vote run.

Typically when you are on the raolroad tracks it aint the caboose that kills you! This time the locomotive was Thaksin and the snap elections (or the sale to Temasek, or the airport scanners, or or or or )

Not sure how calling those elections would cover up the sale of AIS to Temasek, as far as I can remember, it was Shondi among others that constantly reminded everyone in Bangkok about it in his rallies during that time. I also seem to remember that general elections were called and scheduled about 6 weeks after the coup. I still see that coup as a vehicle to prevent those elections from taking place.

At the end of the day, neither Thaksin and party nor the democrats have served Thailand well these past 4 years.

so for those who like numbers, to amass 1 million protestors guessing that there are already 120k here

there need to be on average 37,446.8 red shirts arriving in bkk per hour for the next 23.5 hours

you forgot the sleepers working here. also, whole families of thousands of newly graduated didn't return to their provinces yet. So theoretically it could be. Then there are the employers, talking about small and medium companies, that need to fear most in case it gets out of control. I talked to some companies today and I was told that they're on a crisis watch 24 hours/day.

Edited by elcent

If you live in the south or Bkk you never see Thailand as it is.

Shame on all you ignorant fools who think you are far better than most Thai's, and I include you if you are Thai too.

BTW, is your occupation a Burglar? :)

Very witty.................never heard that before...he he

If you live in the south or Bkk you never see Thailand as it is.

Shame on all you ignorant fools who think you are far better than most Thai's, and I include you if you are Thai too.

BTW, is your occupation a Burglar? :)

Very witty.................never heard that before...he he

im pretty sure those of us that live in the south and bangkok know what thailand is....why would you be foolish enough to make that kind of claim as if the north is the only "real thailand" nonsense :D

For all those claiming double standards and, 'why did this government allow the yellow shirts to do what they want, and why can't the poor red shirts have their turn at paralysing the city, blah blah boo hoo'!. It is a completely different government cabinet to the one that allowed the yellow shirt disaster.

The thing is ...there was really no government in place anymore. Surely, Thaksin's brother-in-law was PM after Samak, but the police and army didn't follow their orders anymore. Instead doing their jobs, the army and police decided to sit back and do nothing. Well, eventually they did something, but it was a coup, which served their personal interests, not the country's.

Still beating a dead horse...

I think your mother dropped you on your head when you were small as you seem unable to keep a historic timeline in your mind e.g. the army did a coup d'etat on Somchai? Since you are on this forum you obviously have internet capabilities. I earnestly suggest you go to Wikipedia with a pad and pen and draw a timeline of events and keep it in front of you when posting here. People might take you seriously if you at least got your facts right. Opinions backed up by ignorance are a waste of my time. Thank you, no offence.

lol

:D

The original "Million Man March" in DC didn't have nearly one million men and it went down in history. As long as they accomplish their political goals, that is not really the point. :)

Let's not refer to people as being ignorant or being dropped on their head. It's flaming and it's not allowed. The battle lines are pretty well drawn on this forum, but people are still allowed to discuss, but let's do so in a reasonably respectful manner.

Running in an election is not mandatory is it? No it's not.

Cheating to make a 20% minimum limit vs a lower winner take all

is a proper thing to do to make sure you win is it? No it's not.

The election didn't go amiss because the Democrats didn't participate,

but because the EC was rigged and TRT cheated.

So you have the Democrats boycotting a sham election to white wash Thaksins sale of national assets to Singapore,

and you have his TRT cheating because the reality was they did NOT expect to win 20% of voters in enough

constituencies to take control again.

So who cheated here.

The ones who broke no rules at all with a boycot,

or the ones who got caught on film purchasing minor parties to get around

the 20% rule they were not able to get around by the love of the voters.

No one gets voted out of power, they just don't get voted back into power.

Thaksin dissolved the parliament himslef. He essentially topple TRT's mandate all on his own.

And then they screwed the pooch while trying to buy it back.

The Dems broke no laws or election rules by not participating.

And there were THREE governments in between that time and when they

were voted in as coalition leader before they took power.

Your arguments are really illogically based,

more emotional bias than any logical process to get there.

Bloody hel_l mate.

Yes attempted murder. Fecal material is a biohazardous material that can carry various potentially fatal diseases, such as hepatitis and HIV to name two.

Lets add cholera and potential blindness.

So yeas this can be seens as a assault with severe health repercussions.

Fecal matter is potentially deadly stuff, not a political message,

unless the sewers are inadequate for the job and that is a political stumbling block.

you forgot the sleepers working here. also, whole families of thousands of newly graduated didn't return to their provinces yet. So theoretically it could be. Then there are the employers, talking about small and medium companies, that need to fear most in case it gets out of control. I talked to some companies today and I was told that they're on a crisis watch 24 hours/day.

Songkran mass exodus returning to home towns in northern Thailand.

Ring any bells.

Many will not protest but if the swing of things start to go the reds way numbers can increase easily.