American Sausage

geo

Been here for a few years in BKK but still can not find American sausage. I would love to have some southern biscuits and gravy.

Any ideas? Anyone know a Thai sausage that can match the flavor and texture?

Edited by geo

Well the sausages at Sportsman Restaurant on Soi 6 in Pattaya are excellent. But I do not know where they get them.

Bourbon Street in Washington Sq soi 22 in Bangkok sells some sausages that are better than anything I have found at Foodland, Tesco, Big C or Tops.

I sure would love to find a source for some great sausage too.

Humour me..........whats an American Sausage? Is it a glorified hot dog? Ive seen packs of American Breakfast sausage in Pattaya at Big C and Tops......there are 2 types plain and cheese. I tried the cheese one but to me it was just like a Hot Dog.

devildog683 Posted Today, 2005-05-18 19:57:24

its in my pants.................. smile.gif

to small from what I heard

couldn't help it, someone else would have if I hadn't

Edited by Kringle

Humour  me..........whats  an  American  Sausage?  Is  it  a  glorified  hot  dog? Ive  seen  packs  of  American  Breakfast  sausage  in  Pattaya  at  Big  C  and  Tops......there  are  2  types  plain  and  cheese. I  tried  the  cheese  one  but  to  me  it  was  just  like  a  Hot  Dog.

This one baffles me too especially since I was born and raised in the U.S. Most Americans savour the taste of a good German or Polish sausage but I guess there are the few Nascar Budweiser folk out there that cherish Oscar Meyer. yuk :o

Humour  me..........whats  an  American  Sausage?  Is  it  a  glorified  hot  dog? Ive  seen  packs  of  American  Breakfast  sausage  in  Pattaya  at  Big  C  and  Tops......there  are  2  types  plain  and  cheese. I  tried  the  cheese  one  but  to  me  it  was  just  like  a  Hot  Dog.

This one baffles me too especially since I was born and raised in the U.S. Most Americans savour the taste of a good German or Polish sausage but I guess there are the few Nascar Budweiser folk out there that cherish Oscar Meyer. yuk :D

Maybe you'd be whistling a different tune if you had an Official Oscar Meyer Weiner Whistle directly from the Official Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile when you were a kid.... :o:D

:D

This one baffles me too especially since I was born and raised in the U.S. Most Americans savour the taste of a good German or Polish sausage but I guess there are the few Nascar Budweiser folk out there that cherish Oscar Meyer. yuk :D

Maybe you'd be whistling a different tune if you had an Official Oscar Meyer Weiner Whistle directly from the Official Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile when you were a kid.... :o:D

:D

Funny you should say that because I still have an Oscar Meyer weiner whistle and all my other stupid collectables from Cracker Jacks too. By the way, the little guy that drove the Weiner mobile for eons has saddly passed away recently.

A moment of silence...... :D

I just thought of something. I bet your looking for Jimmy Dean brand. I could swear I saw them at Rim Ping supermarket in Chiang Mai.

If in fact they do have Jimmy Dean somewhere in this country, that is the closest to what this guy is asking for. The stuff they pass off for sausage with a so-called american breakfast here is disgusting, gross, yuck!!!!

If you can't find Jimmy Dean where you are at, you can find a recipe to make sausage patties yourself on www.recipezaar.com, recipegoldmine.com, www.recipes.robbiehaf.com. You can probably find all the spices you need at foodland. Good luck.

Anyone looking for good mexican food recipes check out fronterakitchens.com/cooking/recipes/

Happy cooking!

Beachbunny

Just saw some American-style breakfast sausage (i.e. the spicy ground pork kind not a hot dog or any other kind of link sausage) at Villa the other day in the freezer section near the meats (which means it could be 80 years old, but still)...wasn't Jimmy Dean, was a locally-produced brand (maybe bourbon street, actually), but looked like the real thing. Was never really a big breakfast person so I haven't tried it, but it looked okay to me...give it a try!

Biscuits would be the hard part, I'd imagine...unless you're making them from scratch, in which case I want your address!! I wasn't a big breakfast person, that is, except when my grandmother would whip out biscuits & gravy! Hmmm...might have to try those sausages out after all...good luck!

Edited by austen

What about Mexican spicy pork sausage? It's called Chorizo. It's great with when you mix with scrambled eggs and wrap inside a tortilla and make a burito. Can mix in some potatoes too if you need to make it last a little longer.

It comes in the traditional pig intestine but, your supposed to empty it out of that when you cook it. It's also best to cook the sausage too before you add the eggs, or you might get salmonela from the raw pork.