Astro Sat Tv In Thailand

Gobbledoc

A local cable operator who I have been looking at gets a feed via DSTV and as we know, that is stopping. Funny how they demanded I pay 18months upfront today, thats when I smelt the rotton fish. So how do we get ASTRO to get Sports S1 S2 S3 S4 and Australia Network for the rugby with western news? Astro seems to have the best packages in the region.

What is really needed is a contact or friendly dealer in Malaysia with whom to make a direct sub to Astro.

It IS possible as I have had a direct sub with a S/African dealer for Multichoice for over 7 years! Now thats a goner!

The BKK middleman is adding on at least 50% and there is the very real danger that your 1 year sub is not fully paid over and you get cut off with no recourse to any Astro dealer.

It must be direct!

Also Astro are soon going HD with the World Cup In HD. I would like that

Contacts in Malaysia are needed asap. Any ideas on this please pm me.

I suspect a large number would go for this as its half the price of True and all in English. Im in Pattaya area

im always in kl, ive got astro.

let me know wats the technology to get you guys up and running...via internet?

as for HD - astro's got it, but its very limited- until the world cup comes : )

Once the DSTV signal is turned off, I too will look at adding Astro.

There are a couple of significant differences between Astro and DSTV.

The biggest one is the cricket is all shown on a pay per view basis. For example:

http://www.astro.com.my/program/default.asp?m=3&i=35480

Events like this need to be purchased separately, so it's important to have an account and SIM card you can access yourself.

DSTV had no PPV and once you had your SIM card, you received all programming.

Also, Astro is offering HD, so an HD reciever and decoder is necessary, and I'm guessing it must be purchased in Malaysia.

I'd be most interested in hearing the comments of the posters above who installed Astro.

Did you buy the receiver and SIM card in Thailand? Do you have access to your account to purchase PPV programming?

Thanks in advance.

Once the DSTV signal is turned off, I too will look at adding Astro.

There are a couple of significant differences between Astro and DSTV.

The biggest one is the cricket is all shown on a pay per view basis. For example:

http://www.astro.com.my/program/default.asp?m=3&i=35480

Events like this need to be purchased separately, so it's important to have an account and SIM card you can access yourself.

DSTV had no PPV and once you had your SIM card, you received all programming.

Also, Astro is offering HD, so an HD reciever and decoder is necessary, and I'm guessing it must be purchased in Malaysia.

I'd be most interested in hearing the comments of the posters above who installed Astro.

Did you buy the receiver and SIM card in Thailand? Do you have access to your account to purchase PPV programming?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I want the cricket too which Is PPV. Also the HD comes online in April and I would like that too! It will be very good value but you do need the real box which means coming direct from Malaysia

Im sure with a direct deal with a dealer there it IS possible!

Pay an annual sub just as I did to S. Africa.

Im actually a bit surprised at the apparant lack of interest in the upcoming loss of Multichoice as so many Sports bars here in Pattaya depend in it. What on on earth are they doing to be able to offer then? I believe there will be no English commentary on the World cup on TrueVisions and therefore any bar with Astro will fill out. Anyway this is what Im going for with about 6 weeks to sort all this out!