Thaksin's Family Not Fleeing, But Flying Out Of Thailand

webfact

so mozeltoff, what made you wake up on the 7th March 2010 and decide to meander over to Thaivisa and launch yourself into the political mayhem and defend Thaksins honour so agressively?

just felt the urge to have an argument?

or was there another reason........maybe financial?

Who is paying you?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa!

who made you the Queen of May? are you auditioning for a mods job?

when some newbie poster on Thaksins payroll wants to take pot shots at me, then i am going to fire back

so until you get the job and can officially chastise me then why don't you mind your own business.

I'm betting time keeper, if he did get an offical job he would too busy to chastise you over that......but at the same time you would have a monumental dummy spit if he did. :D

Anyway, mostly posting numbers I dont notice them, they seem ALMOST completely irrelevant, unless of course it is a case of what timekeeper already mentioned.

you would lose that bet, i have been given a holiday before by a number of mods. Mario even commented on how gentlemanly i had accepted it

well i cant be right about everything, can i. :):D

so mozeltoff, what made you wake up on the 7th March 2010 and decide to meander over to Thaivisa and launch yourself into the political mayhem and defend Thaksins honour so agressively?

have you asked yourself the same question timekeeper?

no need, i was here long before the last round of ''peaceful rally's'' at black songkran.

if you want to check back i was still spouting the same bad things about Thaksin and never earned a carrot from Abhisit

the only thing i got for my trouble was calloused finger tips

i expect it will be the same this time........

Yes, and then after doing so you draw out of context that which is of interest to your spin (a hack) how can you read the post and then do that without intent. Or it could be you have a reading comprehension problem, if that be the case I am sorry. The anyone is the topic of the OP and clan. Your real problem is I didn't support name calling them, so you attacked the post with intended misrepresentation of the context and point of the post. And yes there is a pattern of that which follows the anti's around, and its not emerging its been here for a long time.

I think I'll settle for having a reading comprehension problem. Can you explain the sentence "The anyone is the topic of the OP and clan" ?

"You, on the other hand, didn't refer to anybody in your post and allowed yourself to be misinterpreted"

I was try to answer your point, but really don't see were anybody was in question, and my use of "anyone" in the reply is a typo.

water bridge

Bangkok Post say Pokemon has. Nation say she is in Thailand. Who to believe?

chantorn please try to remember to refer to the ex-wife of the Dear Leader as Potjaman na Pombera, after all she is a real lady, a khunying no less, and a member of Thai high society. :)

Is cowardice and hypocrisy passed genetically?

The flee or flight response is a behavioural trait of most sentient animals. Those that are able to master the ability are more likely to survive and to pass on their genes. You may deride the decision to leave a social disturbance, however, those of us that have been targeted for kidnapping and political violence, know when it is best to withdraw so as to live and to fight again. The goal is victory, not martyrdom.

It serves no political movement in the long term to lose its important leaders when they are needed most. Hence it is not a wise strategy if Mr. Thaksin were to march at the front of any protest.He is a target and is an important rallying point. At this stage of the protests, it serves the redshirt movement to have Mr. Thaksin free and acting as a thorn in the side of the government. The day Mr. Thaksin no longer serves a purpose to the red leadership, he will be disposed of. Movements have a bad habit of turning on their own, often quite savagely. I believe that the Thaksin family is at risk from the same type of mentally unbalanced people that would throw feces at a PM's residence or would throw grenades at a random target. Protests do attract seriously deranged people and these are the ones that usually provoke the serious violence.

if Mr. Thaksin were to march at the front of any protest. He is a target and is an important rallying point.

The day Mr. Thaksin no longer serves a purpose to the red leadership, he will be disposed of.

As a convicted criminal he would no doubt be arrested if he were at the front of any protest.

Would there be a visible red movement without Thaksin ?

(I agree about rallys attracting a few nutters and I see this as the biggest risk to 'peaceful protest')

Edited by Chaimai

if Mr. Thaksin were to march at the front of any protest. He is a target and is an important rallying point.

The day Mr. Thaksin no longer serves a purpose to the red leadership, he will be disposed of.

As a convicted criminal he would no doubt be arrested if he were at the front of any protest.

Would there be a visible red movement without Thaksin ?

(I agree about rallys attracting a few nutters and I see this as the biggest risk to 'peaceful protest')

But he has compared himself to nelson mandela. Surely he would want to emulate mr. mandela and stand up for what he believes in, not send others to the front lines in his place.

I also agree with the deranged people comment by the kid- that is why public comments about certain people having marks on their foreheads is so dangerous. it only takes one nut to try and impress a seh daeng or thaksin with a deranged act.

The flee or flight response is a behavioural trait of most sentient animals. Those that are able to master the ability are more likely to survive and to pass on their genes. You may deride the decision to leave a social disturbance, however, those of us that have been targeted for kidnapping and political violence, know when it is best to withdraw so as to live and to fight again. The goal is victory, not martyrdom.

It serves no political movement in the long term to lose its important leaders when they are needed most. Hence it is not a wise strategy if Mr. Thaksin were to march at the front of any protest.He is a target and is an important rallying point. At this stage of the protests, it serves the redshirt movement to have Mr. Thaksin free and acting as a thorn in the side of the government. The day Mr. Thaksin no longer serves a purpose to the red leadership, he will be disposed of. Movements have a bad habit of turning on their own, often quite savagely. I believe that the Thaksin family is at risk from the same type of mentally unbalanced people that would throw feces at a PM's residence or would throw grenades at a random target. Protests do attract seriously deranged people and these are the ones that usually provoke the serious violence.

WIthout wishing to correct you as perhaps you are using two words to express the same thing, it is usually stated as fight or flight - it is quite amusing you would describe as flee or flight, because certainly all the airmiles the Shinwatra family get up to along with their inability to front up to do their jail time is certainly reflective of 'flee or flight' the last thing they do is fight - that's for their underlings.

I am sure that when the people were dying in the south....when the southern lawyer was kidnapped and likely killed.....when the war on dark forces involved killing innocent people...all under the responsibility of Thaksin and his government, that some might feel that somehow all those people dying are less important because they are 'not important leaders' and therefore worth less than the 'important leaders'.

I recognise that perhaps you are merely pointing out the mindset behind this - however I am yet to believe that the red shirt leadership are anything other than Thaksin underlings; how many of them do you personally know are pro democracy but anti Thaksin?

I can't think of a single important leader in that mindset.

Once again...which of you red shirts will take the Steve challenge. Wear a Thaksin go to jail shirt; LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY shirt. at a red rally. let us know how you get on. I am planning to do so this weekend ;-) Let's face it, we can't exactly look to the rank and file red shirters for economic and intellectual stimulation..... some of them don't appear to see any value in brains (based on their leaders, the types of MPs they elect and the derision that apparently a good degree from a decent university plus good work experience in the private sector counts for nothing...only making a fortune in a monopoly granted by 2 thugs to a square faced politician counts in their minds). So let's see if they like sports....I know some of the locals in my building see themselves as a budding Pete Rose....maybe their bat has cork....maybe not. Anyhow, should be ok to beat some sense into this 'peaceful protest' if these red shirts holigans choose to invade our residential neighbourhood full of kids....women....pets....people who pay tax....that sort of thing as they did last year.

As for serious violence, to date most of the serious violence in Thailand has been red shirt led or in the south created by the inept TRT government. The bombs etc - the burning buses - attempts to light a gas tanker.....storming APEC and punching diplomats from abroad in the face.....all the ones where people were seriously hurt......the riots.....no one buys the blue shirts dressed as red shirts c&*(p - at least no one that was personally watching. It were them innit.

Flinging some faeces - hel_l Newin wore some dog poo in the face; he was still game to walk the streets. Probably deserved it - nothing a bit of parrot soap can't fix.

A bit of poo on a roof is hardly enough to make me run off overseas. But then again, I like to think of myself as a man. Not a kid and girl's blouse with a fist full of security, but without the balls to show up to court, and to show up for a sentence. I admire Mandela.....not so much child rapist Roman Polanski who also is not man enough to face up to what he did.

Obviously the Shinwatra family, other than being common criminals on the run, are also missing, to use the colloquial, 'a pair' which would give them the manliness to show up for their 'peaceful rally'. Now when I look at the daughters, I get it. They are hot in a kind of high maintenance brainless probably/alledgedly cheated their way into university kind of way.

The son....definitely either the pair is missing in action or the pair are their but the wrists are too limp to hold them. The wife....divorced solely to avoid a court case. The dad....well he heavily has dispensed the white goodness alledgedly to starlets, singers, an aspiring young military writer but he clearly feels putting women and children into the 'peaceful protest' is fine...after all there's no risk of violence or harm.

BUT.....there is a high risk of violence or harm so he cannot attend.

Yep.....makes total sense to me....after all I've read the reasoning of the red shirts. NO DOUBLE STANDARDS. Except to get Thaksin off. Then that's ok. Yep. Total sense.

I think they should send a marshall to arrest Thaksin. Simply because then we can say 'holler for a Marshall'.

Edited by steveromagnino

WIthout wishing to correct you, it is usually fight or flight - it is quite amusing you would describe as flee or flight, because certainly all the airmiles the Shinwatra family get up to along with their inability to front up to do their jail time is certainly reflective of 'flee or flight' the last thing they do is fight - that's for their underlings.

I am sure that when the people were dying in the south....when the southern lawyer was kidnapped and likely killed.....when the war on dark forces involved killing innocent people...all under the responsibility of Thaksin and his government, that you feel that somehow all those people dying are less important because they are 'not important leaders' and therefore worth less than the 'important leaders'.

I recognise that perhaps you are merely pointing out the mindset behind this - however I am yet to believe that the red shirt leadership are anything other than Thaksin underlings; how many of them do you personally know are pro democracy but anti Thaksin?

I can't think of a single important leader in that mindset.

Once again...which of you red shirts will take the Steve challenge. Wear a Thaksin go to jail shirt; LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY shirt. at a red rally. let us know how you get on.

As for serious violence, to date the only serious violence in Thailand has been red shirt led or in the south created by the inept TRT government. The bombs etc - all the ones where people were seriously hurt......the riots.....no one buys the blue shirts dressed as red shirts c&*(p - at least no one that was personally watching.

Flinging some faeces - hel_l Newin wore some dog poo in the face; he was still game to walk the streets.

Obviously the Shinwatra family, other than being common criminals on the run, are also missing, to use the colloquial, 'a pair' which would give them the manliness to show up for their 'peaceful rally'. Now when I look at the daughters, I get it. They are hot in a kind of high maintenance brainless probably/alledgedly cheated their way into university kind of way.

The son....definitely either the pair is missing in action or the pair are their but the wrists are too limp to hold them. The wife....divorced solely to avoid a court case. The dad....well he heavily has dispensed the white goodness alledgedly to starlets, singers, an aspiring young military writer but he clearly feels putting women and children into the 'peaceful protest' is fine...after all there's no risk of violence or harm.

BUT.....there is a high risk of violence or harm so he cannot attend.

Yep.....makes total sense to me....after all I've read the reasoning of the red shirts. NO DOUBLE STANDARDS. Except to get Thaksin off. Then that's ok. Yep. Total sense.

As usual, you've hit it right on, steveromagnino.

Steve hits another out of the park.

Nice to see less Meshugana postings later in the day.

They were wearing thin. This will be a long and tiring week,

fighting ceaselessly the colorless 'good fight' of counter PR propaganda,

I fear.

As Steve pointed out it is Fight or Flight Response and is a basic genetically programmed response.

But Cowardice and Bravery are LEARNED responses, from familial and environmental cues, as I stated earlier.

Either you are raised by experience to have 'a pair' or you are not. Or raised to

properly balance a risk to personal safety to maintain a moral certainty for others.AKA Altruism.

Hypocrisy has no genetically encoded basis whatsoever.

It is a strictly higher order learned response and a chosen

abrogation of trained moral responses to situational input.

We learn through life what is morally acceptable in our cultures, and then decide;

will I apply it for all instances

or only selectively as it might benefit my ends better.

AKA Transactional Morality Decisions.

Edited by animatic

Meanwhile Thaksin's ex-wife Pojaman na Pombejra, their son Panthongtae, will remain in Thailand though they plan to leave the country soon, the aides said.

The other paper, which describes them all as fleeing and not flying out, describes how Potjaman and Panthongtae fled yesterday to Hong Kong and the two daughters will flee today. Apparently they all fear the unrest forthcoming and are worried about being taken hostage when the situation turns violent.

what?! Flee..flight out...thats a synonym. just give it a title. Like "crook" or "criminal" thats all the same meaning. You fly out on a leisure trip right? And you flee when you're in danger. So they fleed. God, why can't they just call it what it really is? Sure they are fleeing.

Sippenhaft

Sippenhaft or Sippenhaftung (English: "kin liability" or "blood guilt") was a form of collective punishment practiced in Nazi Germany towards the end of the Second World War. It was a legal practice in which relatives of persons accused of crimes against the state were held to share the responsibility for those crimes, and were arrested and sometimes executed. Many people who had committed no crimes were arrested and punished under Sippenhaft laws introduced after the failed July 20 plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler in July 1944. A law of February 1945 also threatened death to the relatives of military commanders who showed what Hitler regarded as cowardice or defeatism in the face of the enemy.

It should be noted that other totalitarian regimes have used similar practices, even if they have not codified them in law. During Joseph Stalin's Great Purge of the 1930s many thousands of people were arrested and executed or sent to labour camps as "relatives of the enemies of the people"—including relatives of people, who unlike the demonstrated attempt on Hitler's life, were criminalized merely by Stalin's paranoia. ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sippenhaft

they will all be sipping champagne somewhere in $500 a night hotel watching the misguided poor of this country going to battle on their behalf

same Shinawatra family, same Shinawatra principles-cowards, thieves and traitors, one and all.

Is this kind of vile rhetoric necessary? It accomplishes nothing except letting you vent at the expense of others.

This is not the kind of civil discourse one would expect from a rational person.

Please tone down your hatred.

regards,

c'mon James, wake up and smell thaksin's fresh bank notes, if a man's a guilty traitor, he is..doesn't mean anyone is hating. Do you call a sinner a saint? a crook an honest man? call it what it is.

no need, i was here long before the last round of ''peaceful rally's'' at black songkran.

No doubt you were timekeeper, its not actually you join date that is in question here, its the threads that you frequent. :)

No doubt you were timekeeper, its not actually you join date that is in question here, its the threads that you frequent. :)

good morning Neverdie

would you feel happier if i looked at the pub or jokes section now and then?

although you already know its not my style, i pride myself on being a grumpy bastard with no sense of humour.

perhaps the gay section might give me some sensitivity to feminine issues?

maybe the buddhism section, i nearly tried it once, i went up to hotdog vendor in New york and said '' make me one with everything''

there should be a flaming section on TV, i think thats where i would be most comfortable, how about it George?

Lets be nice to the frequent travelers today. 'Fleeing' brings pictures of stowaways under a load of cabbages crossing into Cambodia in the dead of night. 'Flying out' brings memories of past travelers who checked in at airport with several dozen checked travel bags, some individuals returned and some did not. The baggage seems unaccounted for. Maybe the recent notice of financial loss to the countries business sector, etc brought to the surface a little rabbit in someone. Probably in the genes.

LOL ... are you REALLY making excuses for the fugitive from Thaksin to hide out in Dubai and not lead his people? That really is the funniest thing I have seen on TV for a long time! The fact that he encourages people with their families to go march in his name and pays them but sends HIS family out of the country when the crap is about to hit the fan certainly shows a lack of both morals AND courage.

Shouldn't this "News Clippings" thread be moved to "Farang Pub"?

it sure beats thai soaps on telly

im happy to read both sides of perspective and form my own conclusions

even some of the off topic banter is entertaining

but, one thing i do hope and wish for is an ending to this hatred between the people in the country ive grown to love

they will all be sipping champagne somewhere in $500 a night hotel watching the misguided poor of this country going to battle on their behalf

same Shinawatra family, same Shinawatra principles-cowards, thieves and traitors, one and all.

Here here... well said.

I made a typo when I typed flee or flight when I should have typed fight. An unfortunate error, but one that a rational person would have figured out within seconds. Mr. steveromagnin, you certainly pounced on this error and while you claim that you do not wish to correct me, you certainly offer up a wordy response that is all over the place and is one that is irresponsible at best and inane at worst. Here's why;

" however I am yet to believe that the red shirt leadership are anything other than Thaksin underlings; how many of them do you personally know are pro democracy but anti Thaksin? I can't think of a single important leader in that mindset."

That was not the issue. Rather it was derisive condescension spewed by too many childish twits in ThaiVisa that the Thaksin girls were cowards for removing themselves from a situation that could very well turn bad. What part of common sense did you not understand? If you want to ridicule these women, then why don't you and the rest of your gang ridicule the cabinet members and military leadership that have moved their families away from this?The people in power have the benefit of military protection. The Thaksin women do not. They should not be here during this protest.

Then you go off on a tangent;

Once again...which of you red shirts will take the Steve challenge. Wear a Thaksin go to jail shirt; LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY shirt. at a red rally. let us know how you get on. I am planning to do so this weekend ;-) Let's face it, we can't exactly look to the rank and file red shirters for economic and intellectual stimulation..... some of them don't appear to see any value in brains (based on their leaders, the types of MPs they elect and the derision that apparently a good degree from a decent university plus good work experience in the private sector counts for nothing...only making a fortune in a monopoly granted by 2 thugs to a square faced politician counts in their minds).

Where do you get off dismissing these people as not worthy of expressing themselves? Some of these people may not have a formal education but they have enough life experience and common sense to support a family under difficult living conditions. Has it dawned upon you that poor people are basically precluded from attending university in Thailand. There are multiple barriers and obstacles put in their way to prevent progress. Are you even aware that students wishing to attend a university part time while they work have to find an employer that will let them take saturday off, because the work week is 6 days and classes are held on Saturdays and Sundays? Do you know what happens to many of these workers when they seek permission to attend weekend classes? They are told no. it is the pettiness of the social structure that motivates many to march.

The people coming to express their views have every right to do so as long as they keep the peace. The facetious comment about donning a red shirt serves what purpose? You know very well that it is inappropriate for any foreigner to participate in a political rally, particularly with the new penalties in place. Aside from that, it is an inappropriate interference in the foreign affairs of another country.

What was the point of the lame baseball analogy complete with a suggestion that "beating some sense" is acceptable? How can you on one hand condemn the protestors for violence that has not even occurred, and yet suggest that they should be beaten? Violence begets violence. It is the responsibility of the civil authorities to maintain order, not your mob.

So let's see if they like sports....I know some of the locals in my building see themselves as a budding Pete Rose....maybe their bat has cork....maybe not. Anyhow, should be ok to beat some sense into this 'peaceful protest' if these red shirts holigans choose to invade our residential neighbourhood full of kids....women....pets....people who pay tax....that sort of thing as they did last year.

Pete Rose. Right. If that's your idea of morality, it speaks volumes.

You drop plenty of references to your American origins. However, Thailand is not the USA, despite the attempt to render it a docile complacent state during the Vietnam war era. I suggest that you learn your own history as an American first. Read up on the history of the USA during the 1960's and 1970's. Mobs were running out of control in major US cities and they caused for more damage and disruption than any redshirt rally. Even the PAD protests including the airport seizure were mild compared to the riots that gripped LA and Detroit in the 1960's. The Weather Underground was running around blowing things up, the SLA was running around terrorizing people and the self appointed militias and survivalist psychos are still going at it. Did you read any newspapers or watch the news feeds this week? Students and angry workers took the streets of California disrupting traffic and in some cases vandalizing buildings, all because a state with no money is obliged to raise tuition.

The USA has changed and that means having some highly skilled leaders in place that won't make the same mistakes as the leadership made in the 60's and 70's. What do you think the head of the Thai army was discussing at the Pentagon last month? I can assure you of one thing, The US military was conveying a very strong message and I don't think it is one the Thai military leadership wanted to hear.

I stand by my point that it is to everyone's benefit that the family members of people targeted for violence not be present. If any of these people are injured or killed as a result of the protest it will result in significant retaliatory violence and civil insurrection.

You call them cowards, but those of us that have been around riots and mayhem call it prudent management.

Edited by geriatrickid

C'mon GK... look at history in Thailand (recent history)

Thaksin runs. The folks on the opposite side of the spectrum stay and go to court.

Thaksin runs. The folks on the opposite side of the political spectrum appeared on stage with their people even when grenades were being lobbed at them almost nightly.

Thaksin runs. One leader from the opposite side of the political spectrum is ambushed and ends up with Major injuries requiring surgery on his head.

Seems like no matter which side of the political spectrum you fall on that one side has the courage to be here and see things through (which will likely land them in jail for a time), and Thaksin hides out and foments unrest and violence.

Sae Daeng listed a significant group that was at risk but they mostly seem to be at work and doing what needs to be done to keep the country running, and then there is Thaksin, his family, and his cronies that just like last Songkran are running away.

I think I will stop posting in these Thaksin threads, because it is getting simply dull that every single thread running now is full of the same mistruths and comments...we are just going round in circles.

- Thaksin was elected when he was kicked out by the coup (illegal election following Thaksin's own resignation as PM)

- the yellow shirts were not prosecuted for the airport occupation, but the red shirts will be (Arisaman and the other thugs are also walking the streets...justice takes time)

- Thaksin is the only one who cares about the poor (current crop policies are far better than anything during TRT; healthcare now free and it works; improved social security)

- Red shirters are peaceful, mostly women (Arisaman/Seh Daeng is not exactly suggesting peaceful means, their leaders are flying abroad)

- red shirts represent the majority of the population (they can't even get 1 million)

- traffic will be due to govt measures (red shirters already said they want to paralyse the capital)

- Thaksin isn't there because leadership is important (I thought the red shirts are for democracy.....this wasn't about Thaksin)

- This protest is about democracy....not Thaksin (Well in that case how come we are yet to see pro democracy anti Thaksin red shirters)

- If you aren't pro red shirt...they you are a yellow shirt elite upper class anti democracy coup supporter (<deleted>; I can be completely pro democracy, but recognise that certain standards have to be met, and that elected officials must behave by a certain code of conduct or they are liable to end up in court....not matter how popular they are....apparently this shade of grey does not exist in the world of PR strategy for the red shirts....and the red shirt supporters here lap it up)

- AIS got advantages under THaksin....but so did all telcos (<deleted>; the tilted field helped AIS more, in addition they avoided the debt of the baht crash as Thaksin was the only one who didn't have significant debts and also had a cheaper network because GSM 2 watt is a cheaper network to build....granted in a monopoly to him by Chalerm/Chavalit (one of them) plus he then instigated specific ownership 25% regulations to attempt to strangle DTAC and True from debt restructure then changed the ownership to sell AIS; he also basically instigated most of his policies to support the incumbents and prevent outsiders like Orange/Hutchinson from coming in; his own sister in law was setting up the CDMA network to compete against AIS which was a failure no surprise - if you don't know how the telco laws here and what the case ruling was.....better we think you are an idiot than you post here and we know for sure)

- Thaksin didn't do anything wrong (he won't even show up to face the cases against him - there are plenty more)

- the court was biased (unless you studied commercial and contract law, you probably don't even understand the ruling anyhow, but of those who did, most feel he did indeed do all the things he was accused of - if anything I think he has got off light)

- all politicians are cheats - this is a double standard (well, so since there are a bunch of child molesters out there that never get caught, shall we legalise sleeping with 5 year olds...I note the red shirts have no problems with double standards of alpine golf course...if anything the red shirters should be applauding the decision and pushing for more cases like Alpine Golf, the fact they don't shows their position re democracy vs. Thaksin)

- since the yellow shirts occupied the airport, the red shirts should be allowed to (well this is just inane - just because Thaksin's son cheated in university, doesn't give the right to all students to cheat - what are we 5 years old?)

- I don't like the current govt; the red shirt policies are better (they don't have any clear policies - did you see any other than the crop cartel idea of mingkwan the last time they were in power???? Almost all the TRT policies that worked (which was like a few of the many discussed) are either still here and improved to be workable or replaced with something better (crop guaranteed prices for instance replacing the insane crop pledging scheme that is why THailand's stockpile paid during the PPP govt will likely just go rotten and be lost forever as it was bought at twice the market price)

Geriatric kid - I am not an American for your information, I am Thai. I have spent a fair amount of time in USA, and I applaud any country that has a functioning protest system.

I want these guys to be able to protest, to do so peacefully....that's their right.

Last year, around where i live, it was anything BUT peaceful, and the first steps were begun when 2 red shirters had a serious go at me within 100m of my house....they were wound up and ready to take our their aggression on someone. I recognise that this might have been isolated....except I've also seen what occured in APEC in pattaya and the complete lack of remorse from the leaders responsible. I hope....it will be peaceful. But some others where I live are not nearly as peace loving - as the red shirters found out in their 'peaceful' activities around Din Daeng last year...Thai people don't like invaders coming into their residential neighbourhoods to be thugs.

For your information Geriatric kid, I have no 'gang' and if what I say is 'irresponsible at best and inane at worst' then I feel like I have at least added some amusement and inane ravings to this very very worthwhile thread.

Edited by steveromagnino

Yes Wolfie, you're on the mark,

this is the final signal that things will go Pear Shaped...

A replay of the BS. and disinformation of Songkran last,

as he let his little cockroach like spawn scuttle off to the shadowy corners.

Such as truly sad family.

I thought he was referring to your posts.

Anyway, we all know the purpose of this trip. The girls are collecting billions of USD held in Swiss bank accounts(in safety deposit boxes alongside the Marcos's) to covertly fly back into Khon Kaen. The flight is planned but very hush hush at the moment. I know so coz a Cambodian border guards cousins maids sister, my personal secretary, is neice of Hun Sen, and this trip is to bring lots and lots of dollars to north eastern gullible in-need-of-reeducation red puppets. A Thai traffic controller also published the highly secretive flight plan from Phnom Penh last night, but he is unavailable for interview at the moment. Anyway, there supposedly are 22 x 18" trucks heading to the Khon Kaen airport to carry the stash to secretive hiding caves somewhere deep in the remaining 30cm of water in the Mekong. Should the caves be found by PADi divers, the Shinawatra family have organized a school the remaining Pangasianodon gigas (Giant Mekong Catfish) to transport the cash in safe keeping down river into Thaksin's safe-haven Cambodian Mekong Villa. The catfish will be given 500baht in return for there devotion. Let's just hope this whole sinister plan can be blown apart by Yunan Government cutting of water or cargo companies throwing more dynamite in the river. Peace JJJJ

:):D :D

Ever thought of writing a book? Your scenario is on par with John LeCarre's best. And if you'd label it "non-fiction", it would even make top sales with the conspiracy theorists out there (= lots!). Had to put down my cup of coffee to avaid a serious dark-brown flooding (no Mekong here).