Cost Of water In Phuket

petercallen

We live in a house in Chalong, we use between 7 and 12 units a month, the total bill for 7 units is 90 baht and for 12 units is 133 baht

We do not have to pay for the water even though we receive a bill each month because we use less than the free allowance.

This works out at approx 13 baht a unit at 7000 liters and 11 baht a unit using 12000 liters.

I expect a lot of people are paying a lot more than this even if we had to pay, which we do not.

Zero, have a well.

Actually though there are electricity costs for the pump, oh yeah, as mentioned in the other thread about electricity, that's been zero too.

Gotta love Thailand !

You beat me, i do pay for electricity for the water pump because we have a storage tank of the government water supply, everything is cheaper and we save heaps compared to what were paying before.

Beats my price and makes the price that some apartment owners charge absolutely ridiculous, as far as i am concerned they are just ripping people of.

past 2 years my waterprice has been 7,70 baht. pump at 72 meter deep drilled well at 200.000 baht, so the cost is basicly electricity and minor maintance. but the day something expensive needs to be replaced, we get the real watercost.

past 2 years my waterprice has been 7,70 baht. pump at 72 meter deep drilled well at 200.000 baht, so the cost is basicly electricity and minor maintance. but the day something expensive needs to be replaced, we get the real watercost.

In other country's putting a well or bore in to service a block of apartments would be an item you would depreciate each year on your tax return.

Which means the cost of your well be over a period of years would be deducted from your taxable income, as well as any maintenance costs.

I am not sure what you mean by quoting 7,70 baht, is it 7.7 baht 77 baht or 770 baht a unit, the prices very from very reasonable to very expensive.

Water prices vary according to useage, the more you use the dearer it is per unit.

If you have your own well the cost of pumping water for apartments would not change much unless you had a garden and them you would use more water in the dry season, most apartments do not have large gardens, in fact most i have seen have no garden at all.

i would check in patong , there is just water spinning the units on the water meter, and not air.

when they turn the water mains off for hours and on the pipes fill with air, this will increase your bill.

Edited by patong

For government water there are 3 tiers of pricing although not sure how much for each tier but the price for each is fixed. T1 is the lowest which is what you should be on if living in a private home. It took me years of wondering why our bill appeared so high each month before I knew there was a tier system & realized we were on T3. The water office said this is what the housing estate developer set up & it was a simple process to get changed to T1 which we did.

I am not sure what you mean by quoting 7,70 baht, is it 7.7 baht 77 baht or 770 baht a unit, the prices very from very reasonable to very expensive.

7baht and 70satang

I supply several properties with water, and the day something expensive breaks down, all connected simply have to share costs to remain connected. Presently I charge only my own costs.

7baht and 70satang

I supply several properties with water, and the day something expensive breaks down, all connected simply have to share costs to remain connected. Presently I charge only my own costs.

It sounds like your water is very reasonable price to me at 7.7 baht a unit, in the event you had to put your price up i don't think you would

get any complaints.

Its a pity some other landlords don't treat there tenants as you do and then they might keep them.

It sounds like your water is very reasonable price to me at 7.7 baht a unit, in the event you had to put your price up i don't think you would

get any complaints.

Its a pity some other landlords don't treat there tenants as you do and then they might keep them.

my tenants have free water, internett, cabeltv and maidservice twice a week as part of rentalagreement.

more properties are supplied, and they presently pay 7,70 baht/m3

my tenants have free water, internett, cabeltv and maidservice twice a week as part of rentalagreement.

more properties are supplied, and they presently pay 7,70 baht/m3

Sounds like you are the perfect landlord as long as your rental price is not to high.

400 Baht each time I fill my tank....usually twice a month.

Most of this water is pumped out of old tin mines by the way i have seen them doing it.

Depends on where you live. In rawai most of this water is ground water, in patong it mostly comes from the tin mines.

Most of this water is pumped out of old tin mines by the way i have seen them doing it.

Depends on where you live. In rawai most of this water is ground water, in patong it mostly comes from the tin mines.

I understand water ftom old tin mines contain heavy metals & in the past Loch Palm golf course have sold water from their old tin mines to the government water authority.

I understand water ftom old tin mines contain heavy metals & in the past Loch Palm golf course have sold water from their old tin mines to the government water authority.

If you visit BANG WAD dam there is a large pipe at the eastern end of the dam face and in the dry season water is being pumped through this pipe into the dam,

it was a month ago anyway.