Tv Folks, Get Your Affairs In Order !

cognos

I think I detect more than a hint of sincerity in the OP, so I'll try and give a brief but sincere reply.

And let me preface this with a confession that I suffer from all those faults - irritable, judgmental etc. - and a host more!

First, I had to realise that I am a threefold being; a non-material individuality, living a life "on the inside", as it were, housed in a material body, and endowed with mind, an intellect wherewith to reconcile those two very diverse natures - the material/animal and the non-material/spiritual. All three aspects of my being are simply different cosmic realities and all three need "feeding" on a regular basis for me to even begin to find peace of mind, or more accurately, peace of spirit. A good meal will sort out my physical being, a good debate/discussion/intake of fresh information will usually satisfy my mind, and any sincere attempt to contact with my spiritual nature, including the way I treat my fellow man - in reality my spiritual brothers and sisters - seems to do the trick with my inner spiritual nature.

And you're right, OP! Life, including the eternal variety, which is a potential reality for each and every one of us, is akin to a journey - it matters not so much where you are on this journey, so long as you're on the right road and heading in the right direction. The very fact that you posted such a subject demonstrates that you are on your way. May I simply wish you "bon voyage".

But don't ignore the destination completely - an eternal adventure encompassing supreme values, infinite realties, even ultimate meanings. Indeed, more than our finite minds can even dream of.

hey man

id like to meet more people like you in LOS

thanks for your thoughts

duckleberry.. thank you for your astute observations.. right now for me.. peace of mind often means NOT doing what I THINK i want to do, if you get my drift... I think we all suffer from obsessive - compulsive disorder in varying degrees..self - control is key to a long life me thinks.

signed: yellow and red striped shirt