Badly Trained Securuty Guards At Suvarnabhumi Airport

Adam2009

I had a very bad impression toward 2 security guards and the system at Suvarnabhumi airport to tell you. Today (Mar 11, 2010) when I went there to pick up two of my company staff. After I met with the two staff and was going to take them to the car park I stopped (since I was new to the airport) and asked the 2 security guards politely where we could drop the trolley or if we could take it to the car park, those two security guards (may think I was just an idiot because I was just new there) suddently wanted to catch me and accused me of being a taxi driver trying to look for customers at the airport. One of them said '' We almost caught you may times this morning ( just because they saw me talking to a tourist who came to ask me how to get to entrance no 3 which, as a Thai and I want to help tourist with Thai hospitality,I offered to that tourist man to take him to entrance no 3) and that the taller security guard grabbed my collar and wanted to box me. I do not know if this has ever happened to anybody here. I hope this will not happen again either to me or other people and I Hope to get apology from whoever in charge of those security guards and the security system at the airport. If that ever happens to me again, I will make sure that I will report this to mass medias both locally and internationally.

If you can't even get through the airport without trouble your going to have a long uphill road here ..... The international media isn't going to help you ! .... Such a pc world now people actually contemplate calling the international media for rudeness ? ROFL

I'm confused. You said that they accused you of being a taxi driver, stating that they almost caught you many times? Are you Thai? As far as I am aware a Taxi driver is a banned occupation for foreigners. Are you sure they were security and not two nobs posing as such?

If you can't even get through the airport without trouble your going to have a long uphill road here ..... The international media isn't going to help you ! .... Such a pc world now people actually contemplate calling the international media for rudeness ? ROFL

Hi MrRichard2009

Thanks a lot for your comment. It seems that you also have ever had some bad experience at the airport?

Would you like to share a story here? Well, even though no media is interested or wants to help me for such rudeness, at least we can help warn other people (who may be new at the airport ) to be cautious about what they may have to encounter there.

I'm confused. You said that they accused you of being a taxi driver, stating that they almost caught you many times? Are you Thai? As far as I am aware a Taxi driver is a banned occupation for foreigners. Are you sure they were security and not two nobs posing as such?

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.Yes, I am Thai and I know well that if you are a taxi driver that does not work for the taxi company that has monopoly in making a business there, you will have a lot of trouble going to the airport, but I am not a taxi driver. They did say they were security guards (stationing around entrance no 8) but I also believe you that they are to be the nobs.

Are you Thai?

Some people's reading skills are somewhat less than adequate to be posting on a web forum. :)

Hi.

Yes, I am Thai and I apologize if my English is not perfect.

I do not know if what you said means that my English is too poor to pose on the forum, but I think some people may understand what I am trying to say and share.

Are you Thai?

Some people's reading skills are somewhat less than adequate to be posting on a web forum. :)

Sorry OP, I guess that my reading skills are not up to par today, so 'sibeymai' gave me maybe a not so well deserved flogging, but I accept it all the same. :D Maybe you should file a formal complaint with the airport administration.

Chok dee :D

BTW: Welcome to TV! Your English is fine. Jing jing!

Edited by mizzi39

Are you Thai?

Sorry OP, I guess that my reading skills are not up to par today, so 'sibeymai' gave me maybe a not so well deserved flogging, but I accept it all the same. :D Maybe you should file a formal complaint with the airport administration.

Chok dee :D

BTW: Welcome to TV! Your English is fine. Jing jing!

Thanks for your advice. I have already tried twice to send a formal complaint though the airport administration's email address but it could not get through.

About 2 months ago I was going through the hand luggage x ray process and the female security guard supposedly looking at the x rayed bags was sleeping. I managed to get a photo of her on my mobile - I sent this to the Sun Newspaper in the UK buy got no reply.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story here. I think the newspaper company will one day publish your photo.

Why don't you try to send to the airport administration directly?

Adam Hi. Do not worry too much about the security guards at the airport. security guards around the world are just the same. Most, if not all are on the minimum wage and the intelligence of an idiot at best. They also have a power complex and do very little to ensure the safety of anybody. Keep up the postings as your English is fine. :)

Read the op again,this gentleman is Thai :)

Are you Thai?

Hi.

I do not know if what you said means that my English is too poor to pose on the forum, but I think some people may understand what I am trying to say and share.

Sir,your english is more than adequate.In fact I find much easier to understand your post than some of our regular contributors :D Thanks for the info,and please post again .

Adam Hi. Do not worry too much about the security guards at the airport. security guards around the world are just the same. Most, if not all are on the minimum wage and the intelligence of an idiot at best. They also have a power complex and do very little to ensure the safety of anybody. Keep up the postings as your English is fine. :)

Hi H2oDunc,

Thanks for giving me motivation. I was just a little bit chocked and angry about what happened to me.

I know those people earn very little money and have the intelligence of an idiot at best as you said, but they should be aware that if they continue to do like this they might lose their job easily.

Well, this place is a good place for me to practice my English and I can also learn and improve by reading and taking other people's comments.

Are you Thai?

Hi.

Sir,your english is more than adequate.In fact I find much easier to understand your post than some of our regular contributors :D Thanks for the info,and please post again .

Hi,

Thank you very much for your compliment on my English. I am glad that it is not too bad for some people to understand.