City Hall Is A Fortress

earlofwindermere

apart from seeing a pickup with loudhailers with Thaksins poster on it with red flags waving, ( in Bor Sang, San Kamphaeng) I havent noticed much else this week. When it went past most people looked for a second then went back to what that were doing, like as if it was just another loudhailing truck.

Hopefully it will be peaceful everywhere in the Kingdom this weekend

Wish I could share all the great optimistic feelings and views here ... but nope .... I feel quite nervous about the whole thing and having a very bad feeling down in my gut and really hope I AM WRONG!!!

Let's see tomorrow :D:)

I'm visiting in an area of essan called Kap Choeng 1000km from Chiang Mai and 400km from Bangkok. I'll be back to Chiang Mai Sunday. Even though this is strong red shirt country, signs are visible every where. The locals in general could care less what is happening in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. They are to busy farming, working and raising their families. I find this attitude to be true in general of the majority of Thais outside of the metropolitan areas.

Wish I could share all the great optimistic feelings and views here ... but nope .... I feel quite nervous about the whole thing and having a very bad feeling down in my gut and really hope I AM WRONG!!!

....perchance have you had some baked beans lately ????

Oil is now over US$82. per barrel ....... conserve gas

:D

....perchance have you had some baked beans lately ????

Oil is now over US$82. per barrel ....... conserve gas

:D

Now now Gonzo you are just jealous they weren't your baked beans and franks....the only bad feeling in the gut they give are when you are so full you cannot eat any more.

Seriously I hope that things go well next week in Thailand. I know that is what most want.

I'm visiting in an area of essan called Kap Choeng 1000km from Chiang Mai and 400km from Bangkok. I'll be back to Chiang Mai Sunday. Even though this is strong red shirt country, signs are visible every where. The locals in general could care less what is happening in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. They are to busy farming, working and raising their families. I find this attitude to be true in general of the majority of Thais outside of the metropolitan areas.

It will be another FIZZER people, which is good but its bad that these tools can keep holding the country at bay with more hollow lies.

Disinformatio guys.

I've just driven past city hall. no police, soldiers, barbed wire

everything as normal and has been all day.

what is the motivation in posting this "news"

first 6000 guns, tropical storms

come on , members who are lurking rather than posting, put matters straight.

caf

Disinformatio guys.

caf

I didn't drive by, but I saw footage on the national news of concrete barriers and razor wire around at least part of the Sala Klaang, which is the Provincial Hall on the Mae Rim road.

We were due a visit by members of a government department next week to our resort but we received a phone call that all government officials cannot make visits until the red shirt activity is over. I hope everything is an over-reaction because the last thing the tourist trade needs is more trouble

Disinformatio guys.

caf

matters put straight

n2BARRIER.jpg

Edited by Donnyboy

Guest siamjourney

I saw them starting the concrete blocks over the weekend. A nice policeman asked me where I was going (Huay Tong Tao) and I said I knew other routes. I asked in Thai what was going on...he said, "Safety". I mentioned "shirts"? and he nodded his head yes and went off to direct traffic. I guess the wire came later.

This was just posted on The Nation website....

Chiang Mai Hall to be closed at 6 pm following threat of bloody protest

Chiang Mai - The Chiang Mai provincial administration will close the gate of the Chiang Mai Hall at 6 pm to prevent red-shirt protesters from coming inside to pour their pooled blood to protest the government.

Chiang Mai Governor Amornphan Nimanan said the hall would be closed from 6 pm to midnight.

Earlier the day, red-shirt leaders in Chiang Mai said they would collect blood from protesters and pour them inside the compound of the provincial hall in parallel with the blood pouring outside the Government House by the red-shirt protesters.

The Chiang Mai red-shirt leaders started collecting blood from supporters in front of the Grand Waroros Hotel since in the morning.

Source: Nation

With risk of being accused of making up more info.....

I just got back from City Hall again. It seems like they are tightening up things even more. In addition to all the police (and now soliders), they are now screening everyone.

Everyone must have ID which they record. They then take a photo of you with your id. They then screen you with a metal detector.

I was under the assumption that things were starting to cool down. Apparently the government does not agree.