Any Trip Reports On Doi Inthanon Nat. Park Bungalows?

jaideeguy

Been thinking of a high elevation 'beat the heat' trip with the family up to Doi Inthanon for a couple of days. Have been there before, but never seen the bungalows. Google led me to the official website and they seem reasonable and nice setting, but they only have small bungalows that sleep 3 @1,000thb/night and the next up sleeps 6@2,500/night.

Don't mind squeezing the family [of 4] for a couple of nights to save more than 2X the price, can bring air mattress and sleeping bag no problem.

just wondering if anyone has done the bungalow thing in the park?/ are they cool?? and any recomendations on which area is best....they seem to be in groups of bungalows. And how is the food in the park restaurant??

Thanks in advance.....

I've stayed there a couple of times, I think it's ok for 1 night, good fun with deer walking around all night, and you can do the night safari tour. But it's very basic. The food in the restaurant is crap, better to bring your own, in the bigger bungalows there is a (sort of) kitchen.

Hi, I stayed there with my wife and 1 yr old, plus 2 other friends, a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun, but certainly basic - beds are low, hard mattresses and there's no mod cons. I think we took mossie nets, although there were screens on the windows.

We stayed in one of the bungalows off to the right before you get to the national park HQ on the road up from Chom Thong. Nice area, I'd recommend it.

What is the elevation at the bungalows?? high and cool, i hope?? and given the choice of 3 areas.....any that are better view and quiet wise??

It's a good climb from the bungalow site up to doi inthanon's peak - maybe ? 500 metres or so. But that still leaves you pretty high up, and even this time of year, cool at night.

I think we stayed in zone 1. Zone 3, I think, is at the national park HQ itself - that would be the busiest/loudest area, especially if there's a Thai school party/scout camp in. Zone 1 is a five minute drive back towards Chom Thong.

Most of this haze is at lower elevations and you can rise above it. Noticed that at Doi Angkhan last year. it was terribly hezy down on the lowlands, but at 1,300 mtrs it was clear as a bell.

I'm sure same will apply at Doi Inthanon.....if not, at least it will be cooler and that's what I need.

Chill me out!!!!