Guest Houses In Udon Thani

photographer

Can anyone reccommend a few good guest houses in Udon Thani. I would like it, if possible, close to center of Muang Udon Thani city.

I had once read about a nice guest house owned by, if not mistaken, by an Englishman. Does anyone know the name of it. The rates are around 400 Bath per night.

Thanks

Photographer

Try JanCondotell. Owned by Englishman. Nice rooms, clean, hot water, internet in room. See their web site.

Irish Clock is closer to center of town & I hear has good food. See web site.

Sliver Reef is ok but near the bus station. Noisy & dirty area. Rooms are odd to me. They have a cartoon motif which I thought was odd. I didnt stay there just looked at it one day.

There are several others around town that can be found in Udon Thani magazine web site as well.

a few owned by englishmen, fuzzy ken's, closest and cheapest near bus station/train station. no need for taxi/tuk tuk if staying central area and most restaurant/bars are all in walking distance, along Cwith and excellent night market, actually 3, but all together, on the way to train station.

money not a problem, the Irish Clock, 850 w/1 brekkie. same street, top mansion, 350 range, firm beds, another on same street, don't know the name, but small and on the way to irish clock, same side of street, then top mansion beyond irish clock. ruysuk is also a good one, within walking distance, 350 range, free wifi, jan condotel also a good recommendation, over by nong prajack park, nice lake in town w/vendors, and actually not far from main area, have walked it with no problem. if not wanting to rent transportation, or be at the mercy of the scam tuk tuk, stay central, you won't miss anything, as there isn't much past the ring rd/bypass. may others to choose from, udon has an excellent seletion of 500 of less accomodations, along with plenty of food.

udontalk site can help you decide if needing more info. i'm UdornLA on that, friendly and informative site. google any of the ones mentioned, and you should get a webpage. good luck.

the baht buses/10 baht, do not fun after dark, and are hard to find when schools let out, hence the recommendation to stay central. everything you need is in walking distance from the ones i mention, a quite a few more. book one or 2 nights, and if not satisfied, find another. enjoy

Hi

all,

I have stayed here "Surada Guest House" 666/3 Posri Road, Muang District, Udon thani, Thailand 41000

many times over the past few years, nice place nice people and Surada will make you very welcome Please mention you were reckomended by me

Cheers,

Les Dunbar