The 2010 Formula One Season

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just noticed Hamilton wearing earrings on the podium (Paula mentioned something about it yesterday)

doesnt the rules state no jewellery to be worn during the race?

I dont think he had time to put them in after the race,

I reckon a 30 sec penalty should apply :)

Finally, the Council announced that, with immediate effect, drivers are banned from wearing jewellery while competing, with "jewellery" defined as "body piercing and heavy chains".

link

just noticed, i lost some respect for the guy. His girlfriend seems so annoying. She is jumping around screaming all the time. If I was in that crew I would tell her to shut the <deleted> up.

Webber handled it very diplomatically during the post race interview, when asked about the incident.

Agreed, although at the end there i couldn't work out from his facial expression whether he was going to burst out crying or simply burst. A lot of emotions going on either way, and it was clear the last place he wanted to be at that moment in time was in front of the cameras being grilled about it.

And for RBR to take sides with Vettel to me, shows that they intend to stick with Vettel for the long haul.

Before this incident i would have said "yes", "assuming that they can keep him". He's still hot property no doubt and Ferrari must still have him high on their list, but this sort of an incident certainly hasn't done him any favours.

im sure Mark can pick up a drive with many teams due to his good form recently, and on and off track behaviour, a cool customer!

Webber handled it very diplomatically during the post race interview, when asked about the incident.

Agreed, although at the end there i couldn't work out from his facial expression whether he was going to burst out crying or simply burst. A lot of emotions going on either way, and it was clear the last place he wanted to be at that moment in time was in front of the cameras being grilled about it.

And for RBR to take sides with Vettel to me, shows that they intend to stick with Vettel for the long haul.

Before this incident i would have said "yes", "assuming that they can keep him". He's still hot property no doubt and Ferrari must still have him high on their list, but this sort of an incident certainly hasn't done him any favours.

I'm not as sanguine as you (although I would have been if the McLarens had taken each other out too :) ).

I was close to shocked when RBR started blaming Webber! Not being a 'fan' of either driver, I found it incomprehensible - it was so obviously SV's fault. Have to think that MW had been unofficially 'told' to let SV through......

Like a previous poster, I was impressed with both Webber and Hamilton 'holding back' during the press conference - although it would have been more enjoyable if they'd said what they were thinking!

The 'horrible' side of me also thinks that it would have been entertaining if SV had taken MW out too - I'm pretty sure there would have been a fight as soon as they got out of their cars.

The 'horrible' side of me also thinks that it would have been entertaining if SV had taken MW out too - I'm pretty sure there would have been a fight as soon as they got out of their cars.

With the force of the impact and with all the pieces of bodywork that went flying, i find it amazing that Webber was indeed able to finish the race, let alone in third. I think though there was justice in it, what with the way Vettel was mainly responsible and with the way he was so quick to apportion blame. I did think that after Vettel had had a chance to see the replays he might have issued some sort of an apology, but so far nothing from what i can see.

Horner now slams both drivers

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...6182099,00.html

Blames MW though for putting Vettel on the dirty side. Well isn't a driver allowed to defend his position? It's not like he swerved. If Horner doesn't get off the fence his arse is gonna be sore.

Which is why I think Webber must have been told to let Vettel pass. Why would they blame Webber otherwise?

The whole thing is sleazy - why on earth would Webber who had lead the entire race (and is fighting for the WDC) let SV pass easily?

I'm becoming a Webber fan! He's done well and deserves better from RBR.

Which is why I think Webber must have been told to let Vettel pass. Why would they blame Webber otherwise?

Perhaps because the team and importantly the owner see Vettel as their golden boy with a great and long successful future that they want to encourage and nurture every which way they can.

If a Red Bull driver does manage the feat of winning the championship this season, i think we know which driver they would prefer that to be.

Hi Folks

Well thats put the cat amongst the pigeons, rather inconvenient that Webber keeps winning races. My two pennoth, I feel Webber did nothing wrong, whats he supposed to do give up a position without a fight just because it does not fit the teams script! Red Bull would still get maximum points for a 1-2 irrespective of who wins.

Can't wait for Canada.

On a much more serious note ... someone recently mentioned to me that Eddie Jordan far from having an immaculately coiffured barnet has in fact a billiard ball hairstyle ....se what you think! post-24662-1275413631_thumb.jpg

TBWG :)

PS: That is a seriously sad rug!

Edited by TBWG

Perhaps because the team and importantly the owner see Vettel as their golden boy with a great and long successful future that they want to encourage and nurture every which way they can.

my thoughts exactly as posted a few days ago but you disagreed then, nevermind we agree now :)

Horner now slams both drivers

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...6182099,00.html

Blames MW though for putting Vettel on the dirty side. Well isn't a driver allowed to defend his position? It's not like he swerved. If Horner doesn't get off the fence his arse is gonna be sore.

The whole thing is sleazy - why on earth would Webber who had lead the entire race (and is fighting for the WDC) let SV pass easily?

I'm becoming a Webber fan! He's done well and deserves better from RBR.

Im a RBR fan as some of you guessed already, but this latest FIAsco (is that how its spelt? :) ) made me think twice, I still think Webber's great thou.

As for Vettel, his cheese has slipped off his cracker if he thinks its Webbers fault

my thoughts exactly as posted a few days ago but you disagreed then, nevermind we agree now :)

Can't see what you are saying i was disagreeing with.

Can't see what you are saying i was disagreeing with.

I said a few days ago...

And for RBR to take sides with Vettel to me, shows that they intend to stick with Vettel for the long haul

to which you replied...

so in essence, you were disagreeing with me on Vettel staying at RBR for a long term future, after the incident between SV & MW

well thats how i read it :)

I said a few days ago...
And for RBR to take sides with Vettel to me, shows that they intend to stick with Vettel for the long haul

to which you replied...

so in essence, you were disagreeing with me on Vettel staying at RBR for a long term future, after the incident between SV & MW

OK i'm with you. Thanks for explaining.

I'm afraid then we do still disagree.

I guess you took this: Perhaps because the team and importantly the owner see Vettel as their golden boy with a great and long successful future that they want to encourage and nurture every which way they can. to mean that i think Vettel will be at RBR for the long term. I don't. I think the team and the owner would like to keep him there, but the glitz and the glamor of Ferrari will be too great an attraction to turn down - assuming that Ferrari can offer him something worth driving of course.

Having only caught glimpses of the race while on my way to Hong Kong and the actual coming together of the Red Bulls, but not much more of that specific incident I cannot say too much about it and will not apportion blame, whether RBR take any punitive action is of course upto them but the stewards should look into it and decide who was at fault and take the necessary action.

We all saw Mark make a mistake ???? when he ran into Lewis so these things happen and at racing speeds it takes but a millisecond, there is of course those among us that appear to have inside information as to possible team orders, {I doubt that} as for the rest of us it's pure speculation as to who should give way and in what situation, spectators pay to see racing tv audiences are there to watch racing and not to have cars giving way under orders, Jenson is WDC, and should have been allowed to race, if indeed he was told to ease off and let Lewis win it's then not a race, some have already speculated that RBR had told Mark to allow Sebastion through, in the past Maclaren have allowed number 1 driver to overtake the number 2 driver virtually on the line to enhance his position in the championship table and I refer to D. Coulthard slowing almost to a standstill with the flag in sight to allow his teamate to win,THAT IS NOT RACING and the FIA should put a stop to it.

Alonso is not driving a competative car as of yet, and Mark, as Jenson last year has done well so far this season but is in the twilight years of his career and like Jenson, it proves one thing, that most drivers given the right machinery could probably pull off the WDC. :)

We all saw Mark make a mistake ???? when he ran into Lewis so these things happen and at racing speeds it takes but a millisecond,

That's very true but i think the difference is that after Mark made the mistake, he didn't jump out of the car and publicly and vociferously blame Lewis. That would have been ridiculous right? Mark would have been lambasted. Not for the mistake so much, but for his reaction afterwards.

That's why Vettel is getting some flack from various quarters. He and the team have handled it badly.

Jenson is WDC, and should have been allowed to race, if indeed he was told to ease off and let Lewis win it's then not a race,

I think it's naive to expect a team to allow two team mates to battle it out and risk the humiliation of what happened at RBR. Due to the fact that two team mates are driving the same car, the likelihood is that they will be of a similar pace - even taking into consideration differences of fuel and tyres - and so the chances i think of one driver being able to easily pass the other without incident i think is less than were they perhaps passing the car of another team.

My feeling is that once the two drivers of a team have established respective positions, and once it is getting near to the end of the race, asking them to hold station is the reasonable and sensible thing that we would all do in truth, were we team managers. I'm realistic enough to accept that and don't think there is any regulation anyway that can force a team or drivers to do otherwise.

Lewis, by the way, is suspected to have done the same favour for Jenson in China i think it was.

Alonso is not driving a competative car as of yet,

I appreciate that but my concern would be, were i an Alonso fan, that he has yet to truly stamp his authority on the team. I fully expected him to by now. Points difference between him and Massa isn't that great. I'm sure he will prevail in the end, but until he does he's going to be feeling the pressure.

I said a few days ago...

to which you replied...

OK i'm with you. Thanks for explaining.

I'm afraid then we do still disagree.

I guess you took this: Perhaps because the team and importantly the owner see Vettel as their golden boy with a great and long successful future that they want to encourage and nurture every which way they can. to mean that i think Vettel will be at RBR for the long term. I don't. I think the team and the owner would like to keep him there, but the glitz and the glamor of Ferrari will be too great an attraction to turn down - assuming that Ferrari can offer him something worth driving of course.

ok thanks

it will be interesting to see what the next race brings out from the RBR boys

Webber says he wants unity, but will be intresting to see what happens if theyre together on the track ie 1&2 and racing

If a Red Bull driver does manage the feat of winning the championship this season, i think we know which driver they would prefer that to be.

If we needed proof:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84102

Looks as if 'team mate wars' are going to get VERY interesting in RBR, Mclaren, Ferrari and, possibly Mercedes! :)

Indeed. It's great to have some healthy rivalry within the teams.

For too long the big teams have all had a clear number one, which makes team management easier no doubt but is a lot less interesting for us spectators.

Looks as if 'team mate wars' are going to get VERY interesting in RBR, Mclaren, Ferrari and, possibly Mercedes! :)

For too long the big teams have all had a clear number one, which makes team management easier no doubt but is a lot less interesting for us spectators.

But don't you think the teams are going to favour one partner over the other?

Apart from Vettel/Webber its not clear where loyalties lie at the moment, but it could make it v hard for the team-mates.

Playing devil's advocate here obviously.

Apart from Vettel/Webber its not clear where loyalties lie at the moment, but it could make it v hard for the team-mates.

Sorry F1, not quite sure what your point is here. Could you expand?

Its obvious that RBR are going to do anything they can to help SV at MW's expense. The other teams are going to favour one partner over the other at both McLaren and Ferrari fairly soon... it won't necessarily be left to the mathematical certainty that one team member can no longer win.

Some teams putting more money and efforts in one of the two drivers, normally start with the most talent one and if second driver is more succesfull this can change during the season.