Non Imm B Teaching

I have accepted a post teaching at an international school in Khao Yai. It is a two year contract and I get a work permit.

I have a couple of questions. What evidence do I need to support the non imm B visa? Is it a copy of my contract? Do I enter my length of stay as 2 years? When the 1 year vsa expires how do I get a replacement?

Thanks

I have accepted a post teaching at an international school in Khao Yai.  It is a two year contract and I get a work permit.

I have a couple of questions.  What evidence do I need to support the non imm B visa?  Is it a copy of my contract? Do I enter my length of stay as 2 years? When the 1 year vsa expires how do I get a replacement?

Thanks

Submit a mail application with a letter from the school to the Thai Consulate in Hull. As soon as you get a work permit you can extend the Hull visa for a year at a time in Thailand.

I have accepted a post teaching at an international school in Khao Yai.  It is a two year contract and I get a work permit.

I have a couple of questions.  What evidence do I need to support the non imm B visa?  Is it a copy of my contract? Do I enter my length of stay as 2 years? When the 1 year vsa expires how do I get a replacement?

Thanks

Hi BG.

OK, you should get a letter from the school, they ought to know what to put in it for a visa application.

Apply for your 'B' (if you are in the UK, Hull is your best bet). You can put 1 year as length of stay, but you may only get 3 months. Don't worry, once you have your WP you can extend your stay ad-infinitum. There will be some running around to do in BKK, immigration, labour department etc. At the end of the running around you should have a 1 year extension of stay, you don't have to do visa runs but you DO have to report your address to immigration every 90 days (you can do it by post if outside the city).

One point, you MUST buy a re-entry permit if you intend leaving the country during your extension, otherwise everthing gets cancelled and you start again :o Get re-entry permits from immigration or the airport (single or multi entry are available).

If you're not in the UK please let us know where you are and what passport you use, you'll get better directed responses.

Edited by Crossy

Yes I'm in the UK at the moment, in Newcastle (the toon). I have to get a medical before the school can confirm my contract. Once that is sorted I can send a letter to the consulate.

I was going to send it to Hull. It's the closest one if I have to travel there for any reason. How long does it take to process the application?

Yes I'm in the UK at the moment, in Newcastle (the toon).  I have to get a medical before the school can confirm my contract.  Once that is sorted I can send a letter to the consulate.

I was going to send it to Hull.  It's the closest one if I have to travel there for any reason.  How long does it take to process the application?

Apparently, if you actually go there you can get it the same day, by post it's two or three days.

Yes I'm in the UK at the moment, in Newcastle (the toon).  I have to get a medical before the school can confirm my contract.  Once that is sorted I can send a letter to the consulate.

I was going to send it to Hull.  It's the closest one if I have to travel there for any reason.  How long does it take to process the application?

Use the mails. The fees are increased for personal applications.