Need Ride From Lamai Beach To Samui Airport...

Hi,

I will be needing a ride to the airport in Koh Samui from Lamai Beach next week.

What is the best and cheapest way to get there without having to get into one of those silver mini vans? Those guys scare me and drive like maniacs...

Please explain what to do and what will the cost be.

Thank you kindly.

Why not for free??

As a biker it must be fun to drive around and as major Samui forum member helping another member would be alright and actually it looks like OP has asked for something like that and he will be owing you a lift to the airport wherever he lives and me.

:)

Why not for free??

As a biker it must be fun to drive around and as major Samui forum member helping another member would be alright and actually it looks like OP has asked for something like that and he will be owing you a lift to the airport wherever he lives and me.

:)

Good thinking, Batman. er Birdman! :D

Umm get a taxi.

or hitch a lift

or walk

or songthew

or motor bike taxi x 2 one for you one for case.

Dont wish to be rude but pay for a service that suits your budget, not all minibus drivers are madmen.

Dont wish to be rude but pay for a service that suits your budget.

If only people took that attitude with their Samui to Bangkok route.

Back on topic, if when you arrive at Samui airport you walk from arrivals to departures (its about 250m, some people thinks its a 1km - lol) you can pick up a taxi cheap, as they are dropping off and cant hang about long, you should be able to save a third or more, offer them and if the refuse wait 2 mins for the next.

Back on topic, if when you arrive at Samui airport you walk from arrivals to departures (its about 250m, some people thinks its a 1km - lol) you can pick up a taxi cheap, as they are dropping off and cant hang about long, you should be able to save a third or more, offer them and if the refuse wait 2 mins for the next.

I used the trick in Bkk, but never thought it on Samui. Probably becouse there was always a minivan to lamai for 150b...Anyway i'm not planning to come back to see the real last coconut replace by a for rent shop. But it was a nice island..... :)

even if they are a rip off it's only £8 <deleted>!!

Just get a taxi mate :)

Are you mad or ridiculously rich? Lamai to the airport: 8 quid. f****g outrageous! :D

you offered the op to do this for the equivalent of 9 quid, on a bike

Are you mad or ridiculously rich? Lamai to the airport: 8 quid. f****g outrageous! :D

Maybe he's throwing in a free drink at his bar. :D

Not daft, am I? :D

probly better making an appointment with a psychiatrist, rather than just asking on here

Not daft, am I? :)

probly better making an appointment with a psychiatrist, rather than just asking on here

:D:D:D . How true! Anyone who can spell trick cyclist is first in the queue. I'll make an appointment for you. :D

Maybe he's throwing in a free drink at his bar. :D

A free "something" at my bar! :D

Dont wish to be rude but pay for a service that suits your budget.

If only people took that attitude with their Samui to Bangkok route.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. to the op. i would give u a number for a private taxi. it is a lady with Honda. she does trips to the airport to pay her finance off she isin lamui but take it u have gone by now. if not message me. think she is cheaper than 400 will ask her. if not i won't even bother giving u the number. i knew another bloke who did it for 250 but cannot find him. best to go find a thai with a car. not a taxi and say. i'll give u 250 to drop us at the airport. sure they won't turn it down. maybe someone in a resturant , br i dunno. good luck.

asfor the bangkok airways route. i think he might be flying BBk airways as that is where he is going. arrhhhh !!!!! :)

if u r a lady i will do it for free. and give u a lift tothe airport :)

if you are a man. sorry hard luck i only do birds real birds. can't get away prenteding to be 1. i can tell. only real ladies please lady ladys

Edited by BigC

Mafia! Which mafia is this? Has Samui joined facebook?? We need to be told....! :D

A Thai friend of mine, who used to drive a taxi, told me that motorbike taxis have to pay 50 Baht a day and car taxis 500 baht a day to the local mafia who control the issuing of taxi permits / licences. Don't pay, your licence is revoked!!! :)

Mafia! Which mafia is this? Has Samui joined facebook?? We need to be told....! :D

A Thai friend of mine, who used to drive a taxi, told me that motorbike taxis have to pay 50 Baht a day and car taxis 500 baht a day to the local mafia who control the issuing of taxi permits / licences. Don't pay, your licence is revoked!!! :)

i herd a similar thing. he told me for the taxis its 800 baht a day to rent the taxi and the taxis belong to samui people. thats why the picture of the liscnce on the car is hardly ever the same as the driver