How To Send A New Credit Card From England

Freddie212

I recently received a letter and a parcel from the UK - one contained my bank's "Card Reader" device and the other contained the card itself. Both were sent by a Royal Mail service called "Priority Handling and Registered Delivery" - about 5 pounds each package.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Receiving-Va...t&p=1994519

This is definitely not without some risks so proceed at your own risk. That aside, FWIW, I've sent ATM cards through the mail with no issues, although taking precautions. First, the card doesn't get activated until received. Second, put it in a larger package with other items, such as bundled up inside a group of photo prints. Third, obviously, be a little vague as to the contents of the parcel. Despite complaints about the Thai mail in other threads. I've never had a lost package sent from a US or UK post office delivered in Thailand through the Thai mail system. Good luck.

I just sent one not so long ago, using "International Signed For" by Royal Mail, and it got there in 6 days, no problem

For peace of mind, i taped (using masking tape) another same sized card ( an expired Tesco loyalty card) lengthwise to the credit card itself, so that the dimensions weren't the size of just a credit card. I then taped over the embossed numbers, and wrapped them in 2 sheets of A4 paper, and put them in an envelope and took it to the Post Office.

Penkoprod

I just sent one not so long ago, using "International Signed For" by Royal Mail, and it got there in 6 days, no problem

For peace of mind, i taped (using masking tape) another same sized card ( an expired Tesco loyalty card) lengthwise to the credit card itself, so that the dimensions weren't the size of just a credit card. I then taped over the embossed numbers, and wrapped them in 2 sheets of A4 paper, and put them in an envelope and took it to the Post Office.

Penkoprod

I agree with Penkoprod that sending a new credit card to Thailand from the UK, "International Signed For" via the Royal Mail is the way to go.

I would send via DHL for peace of mind.

DHL have refused to accept credit cards when I have tried to use them and EMS is only for items posted in Thailand, but I agree that International Signed For from Royal Mail is the best way.

This is definitely not without some risks so proceed at your own risk. That aside, FWIW, I've sent ATM cards through the mail with no issues, although taking precautions. First, the card doesn't get activated until received. Second, put it in a larger package with other items, such as bundled up inside a group of photo prints. Third, obviously, be a little vague as to the contents of the parcel. Despite complaints about the Thai mail in other threads. I've never had a lost package sent from a US or UK post office delivered in Thailand through the Thai mail system. Good luck.

Ive done the same thing twice now without problems but I do sweat a bit until I know its arrived. This was to bangkok where I think most post arrives. Stuff i have sent to Phuket has never arrived once .

Penkoprod

You forgot the tin foil and bubble wrap.