Blackbird V Street Triple

soihok

My review of Blackbird v. Speed Triple (and this is from someone who hasn't owned either): the Blackbird is <deleted>' big. I'm sure it's comfy for a long distance ride...but it's <deleted>' big. It was top dog at one point, but just doesn't make sense anymore as the much smaller CBR1000RR's engine produces more power, and is way faster while still being small.

The speed triple is just a <deleted>' cool looking bike.

Yes, I agree sub. The OP would be noticing a big difference with the handling of the new bike, its todays technology out of a much lighter bike.....the blackbird are a great machine, just dated somewhat now.

I always felt as if the blackbird was a big bike to move around, just like the OP mentioned in his blog, I can imagine many a biker has come aguts with the thing moving it around at low speed &/or when parking the bike etc.

why not go for a fazer 1000 not as big as the balckbird very comfy ride did pattaya to phuket in 1 day on mine bloody fast does not cost no were near the price of a speed triple and same for service and parts all speed triple gear will cost you an arm and a leg and to be honest is not the comfiest of bikes to ride very heavy on the wrists.

I ride a Street Nipple everyday and its certainly not heavy on the wrists,,,,depending on how many stoppies I do :)

Stevef. I am deeply saddened by the display my team....Sheff Utd...presented recenly and I can assure you it won't happen again.

A bit off topic,,,,but I would really like see Forest go up rather than W Brum again.

your not the only one i hope forest go up so much .back on topic i just found the street triple haevy on my wrists especially if i was going any distance but had the same feeling with my zxr 750 before short arms to long a reach haha

For those of us that are.....lets say, a little dated ourselves, a Blackbird is still a fine bike....if a little dated itself! And for me affordable. Low mileage (20-40k kms) late series in excellent condition are still available for Au$7500+ (say 210,000 baht or a bit more).

For those of us that are.....lets say, a little dated ourselves, a Blackbird is still a fine bike....if a little dated itself! And for me affordable. Low mileage (20-40k kms) late series in excellent condition are still available for Au$7500+ (say 210,000 baht or a bit more).

Some of us are lets say, 'a little outdated' but are just in denial :D:)

heres a vid of me getting ready for one of my latest runs

Edited by neverdie