Can Anyone Help Me Set Up A New Avatar

tigerfish

high all im in need of help!

ive found the image of the famous pic of the burning buddha, but im pretty useless when it comes to all the technical jargon and want to know how i can place it as my new avatar.

i mean really useles, so im going to need a step by step guide, as to how to go about doing it.

thanks in advance tigerfish.

Go to the page with the image you want. Right click on the image and select Copy.

Then Right click any blank space on your desktop and select paste.

Then go to the site where you want to use the Avatar and upload it from your desktop.

Should do the trick for you. Enjoy

Am guessing you want to change your avatar on this forum.

As "Wash" said place your new picture on the desktop so you know where to find it.

First thing you need to do is get it to the size acceptable by TV which is "no larger than 90x90 pixels". Any photo editing program should be able to do this or try Free Photofiltre

Open your picture in Photofiltre then under "Image" scroll down to "image size" and select 90x90 pixels.

Once you have the image the right size select "My Controls" near the top of the TV Forum page and scroll down the left side of the page till you get to "Edit avatar settings" near the bottom.

Then go down to "Upload a new image from your computer" select your picture with the "Browse" button and click "Update Avatar"

The new avatar picture should now be displayed in "Your current Avatar"

The change does not always happen straight away or even in the present session but it should show your new Avatar in a day or so.

:)

thanks for the help! wash and daffy d. i eventually got my avatar sorted out with a little help from my brother in-law. it kind of all made sence whilst watching him go about the job in hand. only problem was, getting the pixel size down to the right setting. but i am now a very proud owner of a new avatar, just wish i could get the wording from the album cover of the group/band "rage against the machine" put into it. for more than one reason :)