Any Advice On Hotel Cancelling Our Reservation?

taupo67

Won't name the prestigious resort just yet, as I am given them the chance to make amends, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced a cancellation after they had booked.

We have recently booked to return to the same hotel in Samui for 10 days and they agreed to match the price we paid last year.

The booking was made direct with the hotel reservation manager via e-mail.

We have a Booking Confirmation receipt, reference number and have paid a 30% deposit via credit card.

Three days down the line we now have an e-mail saying the resort manager has informed them the price is incorrect and we will have to pay 50% more than our confirmed reservation states.

Anyone got any thoughts, ideas or advice?????

I have sent back a strongly worded reply saying I expect them to honour the contract, but also reckon they'll just pat it away.

Mai pen rai or have I got a chance????

I don't know the answer but you might want to try talking with your credit card company - the hotel seems to have broken the contract hence the credit card might be a valuable ally if you cancelled your stay and their payment. Talk to them and find out how they can help.

Give person at resort until the end of business Monday to reply

If no reply, then contact your credit card provider. As long

as charge is not too long ago they should be more than happy

to start the process of reversing the charge.

If you stick to your guns and don't want to pay the extra but they won't play ball most decent establishments will have a policy of 24-48 hours before check in to cancel your booking without penalty unless it's some special prepaid deal with a no cancellation clause.

If you stick to your guns and don't want to pay the extra but they won't play ball most decent establishments will have a policy of 24-48 hours before check in to cancel your booking without penalty unless it's some special prepaid deal with a no cancellation clause.

If it's a special prepaid deal then they should stick to their part of the deal, they cannot have it both ways.

I agree that you should contact the general manager or even the regional manager if you can find their details.

If it is a well run hotel, it should absolutly have a policy where by you can cancel your stay with them and still keep your deposit. Most hotel allow this until 2 or 3 days before your expected check in. It would be very rare for it to be longer and thus make you loose ur deposit. If there is more complications than this, i agree that contacting your credit card company is a wise idea.

But remember above all no buisness likes bad press (well at least they shouldnt), get hold of someone who can actually make the decissions. Dont accept the receptionist or Sales team etc, get hold of the General manager, should he be usless try about him, though contact is hard.

From what you have said you seem to be in the right so things should work out for you in the end, at the very least being able to walk away from the deal with all your money