Acer Aspire Netbook Model Zg5

Gladiator

I recently purchased an ACER Aspire Netbook Model ZG5, second hand and in good condition. Everything is working fine but slow as per the various reviews.

The previous user had installed Windows XP.

Is there any process or upgrade that I can arrange that will speed things up? I have access in Chiang Mai to an excellent CP/Laptop repair shop that both I, and other TV posters, have used for both PC's and Laptops.

If anyone has the time and inclination to reply - I would be grateful if you would dumb it down for me, as although not a novice to Computers, Internet etc, my knowledge is limited.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Gladiator

You very likely have many "free" apps which probably include some startup slots, and almost certainly a lot of the bits and pieces that get left behind during normal WinXP operations. Many computer geeks make it a standard practice to reinstall WinXP every 6 months or so. In your case such a reinstall is probably a very good idea, both to clean out the system and also to get rid of those exraneous apps. If you really need some of them then reinstall after you have a clean system. You will have to go through the authentication and update process, which is tedious but really necessary for secure operations. Also make sure to turn on the firewall and install the Windows Security Essentials, free from Microsoft and takes care of your anti-malware requirements very well.