Free Laos Stamp To Stay

Please be informed that as of last September people with a Swiss or Luxembourg passport only do not need a visa for Laos anymore, if they do not stay longer than 14 days (officially documented by the Laos Consulate, Schwyz (Switzerland).

All you have to do is to ask for the Laos Arrival/Departure card, fill it out, present it together with your passport to the border officer (maybe you even have to insist) and then you will be stamped in for 14 days like the Laos Stamp to Stay dated 12/03/2010 on the left hand side of below attachment shows.

The common tourist visa valid for 30 days at the usual cost is though still available.

At the same time everybody going to Laos should be informed that a so called exit fee (not my terminology but as such advertised at the border in Vientiane) you have to pay is THB 10. Whereas at the friendship crossing Nong Khai/Ventiane you will be given a ticket for the THB 10 paid, at the crossing in Mukda Han/Savannahket there is no such ticket and officers may ask you for whatever they are up to. Myself, I always tell these Savannakhet guys that it is THB 10 only and then they smile and the let me in.

post-24939-1268533526_thumb.jpg