Reuters Is Garbage, Pro-red Shirt Propaganda

ding

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems all the big foreign outlets (although maybe not Al Jeerza) are influenced to report the Reds in a positive light. I noticed this last time. Whilst we saw images of wounded peaceful thais who had been attacked with grenades thrown by mercenaries paid for by Taksin most (probably), the BBC was showing, like this time, happy reds with painted faces, flags and big smiles.

The current government is refered to as a regime, and Takson is a exiled democracy hero.

We know here that is it not that clear cut, like everything in Thai politics.

Now I do not believe the Yellow cause is 100% right, it does seem to be here in Thailand the peaceful one cp the Reds, who openly are paid poor farmers.

So we know a few people control the ww media. And we know these people have an agenda. I believe the reports have been very pro Reds, and have suffered from a terribly low standard of investagitive journalism.

Also the BBC and CNN have been running short articles for weeks suggesting a coup was in process and that the streets were a riot. Even if this scenario does nfold later, it was not the fact when these stories were running almost 2 weeks back.

It appears there are a lot of "interests" outside Thailnd who have decided that Taksin's return may be a good bridge between the old ways and the inevitable changing power base here.

Anyone?

I don't buy it. I think they just have a more balanced view, and with a look at the last elections know that this country is split down the middle, with one half thoroughly disenfranchised by the factions in power, not limited to the government. I think that 'The Regime' may refer to more than just the visible part of the government, currently fronted by Mr. Abhisit.

To be honest anyone who occasionally looks up from the pages of the English language dailies would likely see that.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yes. yes, of course, Reuters, the Economist. the London Times, the Straits Times and most of the mainstream press are hopelessly biased.

I think that's right. Most all give a corporatist, globalist slant and were very strong advocates of Thaksin when he first burst on the scene. Whether they haven't really checked back since, or support the spin that furthers their own globalist agendas is anyone's guess.

The glaring omissions and pro-corporate slant in the established western media still shock me.

Worse yet, that intelligent people don't see it or don't care. Media influences people, humans are easy to fool. Theologians caved in to Hitler after all. And Thaksin owned a good bit of the means of propaganda too.

EDIT to add: I never supported Yellows closing the airport etc. btw

Edited by ding

Taksin himself is not pulling strings in the corporate int. media. Although he is powerful here and regionally, he has not kept a lot of high profile collegues around the world openly supporting his cause. Or if he has I have not seen them in the MSM outside Thailand.

The global media is controlled by a few players, and it is well known now that thru meetings of The Bilderbergers, The Council of Foreign Relations and The Trilateral Commission, it has been decided how certain countries should be dealt with by the big players.

It appears that powerful people influencing the shots are happier to deal with Taksin, perhaps they feel Thailand is ready to move along and embrace new business ways.

I hope no one will dare to try and say that this is merely a conspirical angle. It is well documented nowadays that western powers from modern democratic countries will turn a blind eye to all sorts of abuses by a government or individual if in the end they serve the greater agenda.

It is deadly obvious to me that BBC and CNN are running on a pro Taksin angle.

his doesn't mean they are lying or distorting facts, they are just omitting decent journalism.

They have been running "alert" stories hinting at anarchy in Bkk for two weeks. The stories made out what is happening now was actually happening weeks ago on the streets, and it wasn't. Almost like tempting fate, giving credit to the Reds and their cause on an international level. Usually a story like this would go unoticed, but they were running teasers to the big event for weeks.

Did anyone notce this? It was hardly a story worth international attention weeks ago, especially when everyone here knows unret is like clockwork here.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if Thaksin would be better than the current PM, or not, but what worries me is how he feels about Westerners after all of this.

If he has any idea of what farangs are saying about him on Thai Visa and he somehow regains power, I'm afraid that we are all well and truly screwed!

DCO2074.jpg

spacer.gif

so can anybody tell me who is better than abhisit at this time?

One who is voted in by a majority at the next election would be the democratic rightful choice, Abhisit is most likely not willing to call an election as he knows what the outcome would be.

One who is voted in by a majority at the next election would be the democratic rightful choice, Abhisit is most likely not willing to call an election as he knows what the outcome would be.

No. He's not calling an election because he doesn't need to yet.

In most countries where the government calls elections early, they get blasted for wasting everyones money.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if Thaksin would be better than the current PM, or not, but what worries me is how he feels about Westerners after all of this.

If he has any idea of what farangs are saying about him on Thai Visa and he somehow regains power, I'm afraid that we are all well and truly screwed!

DCO2074.jpg

spacer.gif

It would be surprising if what is written here is not read by people at least at some level in politics/government in Thailand.

spacer.gif

It would be surprising if what is written here is not read by people at least at some level in politics/government in Thailand.

Why would the government worry about a few (and only a few) farangs writing their opinions on a website.

Do you think they read ALL the blog/forum sites out there?

I think it's safe to say you wont ever see a Reuters, CNN, BBC, AFP reporting using language like that used in Bangkok Post & The Nation. Eg This that is not only 100% inaccurate as Thaksin wasnt in Cambodia but referring to neighbouring country as a 'Gangster State' isn't something an impartial news source should be doing

post-30566-1268702345_thumb.jpg

spacer.gif

Why would the government worry about a few (and only a few) farangs writing their opinions on a website.

Do you think they read ALL the blog/forum sites out there?

One should not assume too much. If these forums are not read by Thai's then why is it that some topics are not allowed to be discussed ie Royalty?

In most countries where the government calls elections early, they get blasted for wasting everyones money.

He does not need to call an election, however it would be a way to put the issue to the test and hopefully a peaceful solution.

I think it's safe to say you wont ever see a Reuters, CNN, BBC, AFP reporting using language like that used in Bangkok Post & The Nation. Eg This that is not only 100% inaccurate as Thaksin wasnt in Cambodia but referring to neighbouring country as a 'Gangster State' isn't something an impartial news source should be doing

post-30566-1268702345_thumb.jpg

Excellent catch.. See, foreign journalists don't miss that sort of rabid jingoism and know where a newspaper is coming from after that.

We should do this more often with image captures of the Thai 'mainstream' press, to name & shame.

He does not need to call an election, however it would be a way to put the issue to the test and hopefully a peaceful solution.

I personally feel that he shouldn't call an election. Next year is just fine, and Thailand could do with some perceived stability. My opinion only. Reds have the right to protest, Abhisit has the right to call elections whenever he wants. Wouldn't surprise me if his new found friends in the Newin faction jump ship again though, they probably need to do that well before election time.

Before an election is called, there needs to be processes in place to make sure everyone can campaign freely everywhere.

Now some of the non-red parties have difficulties getting into some red areas to campaign.

Even the government has some problems getting into red areas to do positive things.

Until some of that is curbed, I don't think an election is a good idea.

This post made me laugh - Reuters, one of the leading news sources on the Planet. Used by financial institutions and news media globally as an up-to-date unbiased news source....and Ding from ThaiVisa claims it be "garbage".

:) Yeah, thats right, stick your head in the sand and continue to read The Nation and BangkokPost and ThaiVisa.

I personally feel that he shouldn't call an election. Next year is just fine, and Thailand could do with some perceived stability. My opinion only. Reds have the right to protest, Abhisit has the right to call elections whenever he wants. Wouldn't surprise me if his new found friends in the Newin faction jump ship again though, they probably need to do that well before election time.

Not for the first time, I find myself agreeing with you, Winnie. :)

The peaceful democratic people amongst the reds need time, to sort out how they will organise & campaign for an election, will it be through PTP or a new party, how will they be financed, who will be their lead-figure & how to muzzle the more-outspoken ones who only damage their cause.

Newin's faction might well precipitate the early-election, when they decide it would suit them.

Before an election is called, there needs to be processes in place to make sure everyone can campaign freely everywhere.

Now some of the non-red parties have difficulties getting into some red areas to campaign.

Even the government has some problems getting into red areas to do positive things.

Until some of that is curbed, I don't think an election is a good idea.

Similarly some PPP-politicians had problems in the past travelling in the South, when they were in-power, it works both ways, all parties need to be able to campaign freely, throughout the country.

I'm not sure how this can be achieved, but time would certainly help, if it allows tensions to subside.

.... always claiming the Red movement is not a real democratic movement.

I think these two youtube vids demonstrate clearly what most of the Red support is about.

I witnessed the same tactics over the weekend in Bangkok (Saphan Khwai) and in Ayuthaya.

As discussed in a separate thread these videos show designated drivers being given money for petrol.

I personally feel that he shouldn't call an election. .

Not for the first time, I find myself agreeing with you, Winnie. :)

It is a good sign that some of us can give something to the other side. Very few of us are fanatics for either political group. We are guests here and most of us just want to get along as easily as possible. 12590986947044693460000000001-th.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

Not for the first time, I find myself agreeing with you, Winnie. :D

Winnie is one of the few red-sympathisers capable of speaking sense. Kudos to the buffalo. :)