Tourist Visa Extention, Phuket

There is a rumor going around Phuket that applications for the standard 30 day extension on a tourist visa must now be made two weeks before the original expiry of permission to stay date. That is to say that if my friends passport says he is allowed to stay another eight days, for instance, then it's already too late for him to get a 30 day extension.

Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor? I can find no reference in the forums here to any such rule.

Thanx

Phuket immigration is a fairly relaxed group and I have never heard of them doing anything so radical as what you have suggested. Best to just go and ask them. Note that the new officer in charge is a woman who is really a stickler for the rulebook.

Phuket immigration is a fairly relaxed group and I have never heard of them doing anything so radical as what you have suggested. Best to just go and ask them. Note that the new officer in charge is a woman who is really a stickler for the rulebook.

Extensions can be done until the last day of your stay.

Captain "Mon" is the officer in charge and she is very reasonable and normally listens to the reasons for any problem.

No problems from my part.