Intoxicated Russian Tourist Beaten Unconsious In Pattaya

sharecropper

Pattaya police, responding to an assault notification on Sunday afternoon, found the unconscious body of an unknown Russian tourist. The man had been drinking with two men who subsequently assaulted him, knocking him unconscious before stealing his wallet and phone.

FULL STORY, PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/03...ous-in-pattaya/

I was wondering what nationality the attackers were, but it was helpfully cleared up for me when I read:

"one of them proceeded to hit the victim over the head with a plank of timber several times"

You mean they came from Timberland??

Quote from the PDN article: ''Rescue officers present at the scene immediately rushed him to the hospital for treatment.''

What a load of crap! I happened to be walking past with my wife and there was an ambulance there from The Sawang Boriboon Foundation and the medics treated the bloke at the scene only. The Policeman took his notes then left followed by the ambulance. One presumes because he had no recourse to pay.

Don't know anything about the particulars with this attack or what, if anything, precipitated it, but the rRuskies in general will have to learn like all the other long-time visiting tourists and locals not to befriend and drink with locals (mainly the men). A drunken Thai is liable to go off at any moment at the slightest mis-understanding.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Don't know anything about the particulars with this attack or what, if anything, precipitated it, but the rRuskies in general will have to learn like all the other long-time visiting tourists and locals not to befriend and drink with locals (mainly the men). A drunken Thai is liable to go off at any moment at the slightest mis-understanding.

It's an unfortunate learning curve, similar to single women learning not to trust motorbike taxi drivers late at night and Russian men and women learning not to wear gold at night.

Is there another story on this that says they were Thai men??? this article just says 2 men around 25 years old?