Uk Border Control Questions

I have a question regarding Uk Border control, hope you can answer it....

My Thai Girlfriend has been granted a visitor visa for a six month period in the UK. In the time between making the application and her arriving I will have changed address, I've moved from England to Aberdeen in Scotland for work reasons.

I know that she will be filling in a landing card and will put my Scotland address on it, the question is will Border Control cross reference that against the address we gave for the application, and if so would I need to provide some sort of letter for her explaining the reason for the change. She has written and spoken English but a handwritten letter from me may be best? The officer would also be welcome to call my mobile.

Have you heard of any difficulty in this sort of situation before?

Thanks and best regards.

Unless IT has changed dramatically over the last couple of years the IO at the port of entry will not have the details of the application readily available, but if they were concerned they could cross reference the information with Bangkok, the case number is written on the passport.

She should certainly put the actual address she is staying on the landing card and a letter from you advising that your address has changed might help if the IO has any concerns, as you suggest your phone number would be useful.

UK immigration at passport control have access to how long was originally asked for the visa and check this against airplane ticket return date (a friend had a problem as she came in with a ticket with a return date five months down the line after asking for a month) so I suspect they may also have the sponsor's details on their system, so giving her a letter is definitely a good idea.