Land Titles Por Tor Bor 5

Just to go back to the lawyers description of this tax receipt (for that is what it is), they stated the following:

Por. Bor. Tor. 5 (P.B.T. 5), is an evidence showing that the occupier of a plot of land has been issued a tax number and has paid tax for using the benefit of the land. This confers no right at all but was formerly used to establish that the holder was occupying a plot of land and could apply for a Sor Kor 1.

The only change I have made from my last quote from their site is to highlight an additional operative word.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year or so ago, the government started to build an office on some mountain land. The government was immediately challenged by a farmer who claimed the land belonged to him. He had been farming the land for many years. As it turned out, the government recognized his claim. In the end he was awarded a whopping 10,000 baht. The construction continued.

A Thai friend of mine has a similar situation except the government has no plans to use his land. (Yet). My friend has now built a proper house on the land and told me the government will not bother him because of the house. Who knows?