Nuy Beach (nr Kata Viewpoint)

F1fanatic

Another topic is talking about how difficult it is to get to Freedom Beach.

Its downright impossible to go to Nuy beach without being charged 250 baht to go on the beach!

I'm not complaing too much, as that includes a sun bed and a drink - but even so.....

To get there one faces a 2km walk (very steep, slippery road), and I did get annoyed to discover they charged 80 baht PER PERSON for a ride back to the top of the hill.

It sounds as if this is becoming common-place, even though the beach is supposed to belong to the King!

They own the land that provided access to the beach. So to get to the beach you have to cross that land, and it is the landowners right to charge for that.

Next time go there via the sea, and see if they charge for that (which they are NOT allowed to do).

I did think about that :) . But then realised it would cost me as much (more) to pay for the boat ride as it would to pay the 250 baht access fee!

And anyway, who wants a fight over it?

Its just one of those vaguely annoying things.

They own the land that provided access to the beach. So to get to the beach you have to cross that land, and it is the landowners right to charge for that.

Next time go there via the sea, and see if they charge for that (which they are NOT allowed to do).

Which is exactly what they do at Paradise beach..

That guy is super crazy!! Super super crazy.. stay away from there.

Quite agree Misterman, but with alot of these locals "Greedy; super super Greedy". Four years ago I went in by boat and relaxed for 2 hours on my beach towel. The scum-bucket could do nothing but fume in the distance with his flunkies. Believe me, that lot could peel a grape through an oven glove!!