Thai Court Sentenced Briton To 14 Year Jail For Having Sex With Underage Boys

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Banglamung? Chonburi? Let's not be coy...it happenned in PATTAYA. And unfortunately it is still happenning: go to that lane next to Soi VC and go right to the end...observe old perverts with children. I can't believe that authorities are not aware of this location. So I am not sure if it is correct to say such activity is NOT tolerated here.

Why does Thailand attract these people???? Please Thailand clean up your image of sex... I hope this man dies in jail...

Sadly it's not just Thailand that attracts these scum. Other countries do to, remember Gary Glitter was jailed in Vietnam, and had been to Cambodia and Brazil, amongst other countries, trying to fulfill his vile lifestyle.

Thailand does seem to catch more and more of these child molesters, hopefully the publicity from the current case, will make other perverts think again before coming here - for the childrens' sake.

:)

The last part of the sentence is funny, they were probably sent away and not "lured" away. What I notice is that a great majority of these pedophiles seem to prefer boys and it is always happening in and around Thailand's biggest open air brothel. I guess that this person will do no more than 3 years.

Good sentence.

However, it says in the article that molesting kids under 15 gets the 12 years. I thought the legal age is 18 in Thailand and it a statutory rape to have sex with anyone under 18? Or do you get harsher sentence for molesting younger ones, that would make sense I think...

In any case good to see that justice is done.

When i arrived here in thailand 7 years ago i met the local public prosicutor i asked the question on sex he said be carefull ( do not go with anyone who is under 21 check their I.D. )

So you all take care now!!!

He denied any wrong doing, so the response from Great Britain will be that the Thai Law Enforcement again cheated a poor Briton, which did nothing wrong.

I hope he will "enjoy" his new Home.

And your basis for this wild statement is???

The most recent high profile case of a British subject, was that of Mr Paul Gadd, AKA Gary Glitter, being convicted overseas (Vietnam), for child sexual abuse. There was no such reponse as you state from the British government regarding Glitters case, why then would they complain about this current offender?

Glitter served his sentence in Vietnam, and then returned to the UK, kicking and screaming, to be put on the sex offenders register for life there, and has had his passport taken away from him.

I am no fan of the British government, but you are making frankly ridiculous statements here.

Hope the kids concerned in this case, make a full recovery from their ordeal.

^unfortunately 99% of those molesting are thai(s) who molest thai children, unfortunately don't see these lot arrested or publicized about. :)
Probably true but not entirely relevant here on this expat forum. The reality is that the foreign NGOs have raised awareness about this issue and Thailand has made it a priority to go after foreigners doing these crimes harshly. It may be a cynical move to appease the international pressure, but in any case, I do wish this was more widely known globally so that Thailand stops attracting such people. As it is now, people in the west largely still believe that anything goes here.

This is the burden of mankind - to find the guilty and punish him - throw stones at him until he is dead. You are only innocent until you stop lying to yourself.

And when you stop lying you'll find that you are guilty as well (in you mind) you will have to live a life of fear because the punishment for the enemy will be also yours. So what is the choice? Keep on lying to yourself - or live in fear because the guilt you see inside yourself? The one you punish is YOU - but noone sees that. Truly "enyoy"!

Edited by Mic

Good sentence.

However, it says in the article that molesting kids under 15 gets the 12 years. I thought the legal age is 18 in Thailand and it a statutory rape to have sex with anyone under 18? Or do you get harsher sentence for molesting younger ones, that would make sense I think...

In any case good to see that justice is done.

this is normal. in the USA it is only a felony if the minor is under a specific age, not 18. it gets progressively worse the younger they are.

My condolences to TV for losing another long time poster to the Thai justice system.

This is the burden of mankind - to find the guilty and punish him - throw stones at him until he is dead. You are only innocent until you stop lying to yourself.

And when you stop lying you'll find that you are guilty as well (in you mind) you will have to live a life of fear because the punishment for the enemy will be also yours. So what is the choice? Keep on lying to yourself - or live in fear because the guilt you see inside yourself? The one you punish is YOU - but noone sees that. Truly "enyoy"!

Original Sin? Lost you, Reverend......I most certainly am not guilty in my mind or any other way of this reported sick behaviour.

En'y'oy your Space,

Brewsta

14yrs is long time in thai monkey house though...

Not if you consider he did destroyed these boys rights to childhood, trust in people, and future relationships for years to come, for them and their families. Not to mention that most of sexual abusers have been abused themselves, so they could turn to others because of him.

I'm all for being against, and thus regard dumping someone in jail who has clearly violated laws as the right thing.

I'm all against generalizations, the very thing that drives Fox News and all other "serious" media outlets of the yellow-ish color. Anyone in this 100% "yes" thread with personal experiences as to "how he ruined the lives of two young innocents"?

Damage to victims? I saw a good film on this subject, about a Nobel prize winner who was a serial molester. The psychologists concluded that some victims were severely psychologically damaged (needing years of help to deal with it) and some victims showed no signs of damage (and in between of course). Nobody can tell who will be damaged and who won't. In any case, adult sex with minors, consensual or not, is illegal almost everywhere in the world. Determining whether or not a particular victim was damaged is not usually part of the legal process. However, there are double standards about this in many countries. For example a female adult who molests a male child is more likely to get lenient treatment.

Edited by Jingthing

14yrs is long time in thai monkey house though...

Not if you consider he did destroyed these boys rights to childhood, trust in people, and future relationships for years to come, for them and their families. Not to mention that most of sexual abusers have been abused themselves, so they could turn to others because of him.

What I am saying is 14yrs prob feel like a lifetime.... monkey house is no picnic and be honest hope he suffers every second of his time locked away.

good

This kind of news should be spread much more to deter the thousands of sex tourists coming every year to THL ... Most are under the impression they can get away with it

thousands, you say? That is what I was wondering.

Why was it important to prosecute only this one and let all the others carry on, openly?

Was he just a visitor, or an established expat?

If somebody forced me to bet money, I would wager the second and maybe someone who had a property and/or tea money dispute?

This 'guesswork' could be wrong, in this case; however would it not be possible to osbserve dozens of sex perverts doing there thing, today?

Oh, Did you notice the term 'crack down' wasn't used.

Putting one, of thousands, behind bars is more like a shot on goal, NOT a hat trick!

Go round up the rest of them!!!

good

What happenedAccording to the lawsuit, defendant Robert John Alexander Hoseman allegedly lured the two 12 year olds in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district in late 2004 and performed oral sex on them. Hoseman, however, denied any wrongdoing, claiming that the boys had consented to the sexual act .

Okay, two twelve year old came to Pattaya, or let’s better say Banglamung because they wanted this guy to help them to understand something about body parts? For me being a teacher in this country, there’s no excuse, I’ve never heard such a weird story. Sure, plenty of 12 year old boys are just looking for experiences like that. Please let’s keep this forum clean, but a law is a law. I feel sorry for the boys. Just to understand the laws in this country: A cop was sentenced to 17 years because he had sex with a 17 year old girl. If there’s no example for others, how would it be in Banglamung soon???? (And other places, where money is talking..)

That’s one part why I hate money.

14 years for giving oral sex to two 12 year old Thai boys? This sentence is one of the typical crimes of our times. 2 months in jail, 100 hours of community service, a compensation to the boys and their parents.

As usual the bloodhounds here can't get it sadistic enough.

^don't think the lad can be tried twice for the same crime. If he does his time in Thailand I would think that would be the end of it, course deported back to yankland.

Why would a Briton be deported back to "yankland"?

Further punishment :)

Why stop with this guy? I am sure there are many more like him walking around. Thing is, it requires people to speak up and for whatever reason, too many foreigners that know of other foreigners doing these things, do not. Nice to wring one's hands, but are we doing our part to prevent this from happening?

how many more perverts are still at large here

Are you asking about " farang " or Thai " perverts ?

Family members or strangers ?

It's easy to overlook what goes on around the world................... :)

" In Thailand, for instance, a survey in 1990 found that 75 percent of Thai men had had sex with child prostitutes, from 20 to 40 percent of them HIV-infected, so that Asia is about to become what one expert terms "the epicenter of the AIDS epidemic."

http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/06a1_incest.html