Is Giving My Girlfriend 20,000 Baht Per Month Enough?

Puriku

I give my mia noi B50 000/ month but only 7/11 coupons and shag miles.

My mother has more money than my dad, it pains him sometimes, so why should I give my only edge over to gf monthly.Do I get to stipulate all the shag times and positions?

I dont pay anyone monthly allowance for being around me. Still when we go out for fish dinner, she removes all the bones and scraps from my fish before she feeds it to me.

Lucky me.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I give my mia noi B50 000/ month but only in 7/11 coupons and shag miles.

My mother has more money than my dad, it pains him sometimes, so why should I give my only edge over to gf monthly.Do I get to stipulate all the shag times and positions?

I dont pay anyone monthly allowance for being around me. Still when we go out for fish dinner, she removes all the bones and scraps from my fish before she feeds it to me.

Lucky me.

Edited by Lumumba

I give my mia noi B50 000/ month but only 7/11 coupons and shag miles.

Lucky me.

WHAT

post-97356-1269500568_thumb.png

Sadly in many Thai Farang relationships Money is a big think. I give my GF 3.000 THB and she is happy with that.

Maybe some of you have forgotten it but it is not money what keeps a strong relationship, it is LOVE!

Pleasing to note that the TV forum still has plenty of "My girl is different (MGID)" members. :)

from my limited experience with thai ladies ..

i think they regard financial security , as the main requirement

from a farang partner / husband ..

love ,,, is not highly rated , in their survival plan ..

Sadly in many Thai Farang relationships Money is a big think. I give my GF 3.000 THB and she is happy with that.

Maybe some of you have forgotten it but it is not money what keeps a strong relationship, it is LOVE!

Pleasing to note that the TV forum still has plenty of "My girl is different (MGID)" members. :)

I think that you and some others have been meeting the wrong ladies.

If money is not high on the list of lammbock's gf's priorities when it comes to relationships then she is probably in the majority, not the minority. Sure money helps but for most it is just a sweetener.

OP.... i wouldn't part company with more money. love aside she's got it pretty easy getting 20k handed to her. it's hard to do (the 1st time) but just tell her to go back to the salon or get a job if she wants more. she'll be pissed at 1st but you'll have made your point quite clearly and she WILL finally accept it.

If she doesn't know already, teach her the mystic Farang art of putting a little bit of HER money in the bank on a regular basis.

What do you waste the rest of your money on?

I don't think that giving your girlfriend 20,000 baht a month is enough; you should also give her respect and trust, and not treat her like a market commodity.

I can PM you my phone number, if you want to pass it on to her

SC

Does she tell you what it is for.When I go away I give my wife 25000 baht a month after rent but she explains to me that 5000 is for her family who have no income what so ever.4000 baht goes to her daughter so she is left with 16000 baht , about 550 baht a day.She's happy with that becausr she knows that I can't give her more.Ask her how much she gives to her familly , that is the key and watch out for that temper,it's not a very good sign in anyone.

If she worked for 15 hours a day to win say an average of 25000 to 30000 baht it's because she needed it , probably half of it for her familly.Get her to break it down,then you will know the truth.

Good luck

Setting aside the issue that it appears the Mom is not living with her kids, which happens far too often in Thailand - and many times for all the wrong reasons.

IMHO 20K is more than enough - especially since you cover room and board. So basically all she needs money for (outside of the 5k she is giving mom to take care of her two kids) is to keep herself entertained.

Before you agree to rise what you give her ask her to outline her typical monthly and/or weekly expenses.

Many, many folks do more than just survive on little more than 10K per month.

Here are some points of reference:

Average Thai incomes:

http://www.worldsalaries.org/thailand.shtml

Some examples (2005 numbers)

Professor:

Man: 21,067

Lady: 19,662

Computer programmer:

Man: 16,336

Lady: 16,547

Nurse:

Man: 15,295

Lady: 16,892

Office Clerk:

Man: 14,928

Lady: 12,183

Postman:

Man: 9,206

Lady: 9,608

Hotel Receptionist:

Man: 8,334

Lady: 8,157

CIA factbook indicates per capita GDO of $8,100 USD per year - or about 267,300 baht; 22,275 baht per month.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...ok/geos/th.html

All this being said the area that more money could probably be spent would be on private schooling for the kids - or maybe moving into a place where the kids could live with their mom.

My part-time "take-care-of-it" girl just graduated with a B.S. Degree in computers & business. She has temporarily taken a job in a hotel restaurant for 100 bht per day. I am waiting to see what kind of a real job she can get and when. She is not in BKK. I give her a set amount which I think is to much. To the guy who gives 3,000, most (girls) I know would not go across the street for that.

100 baht a day is not her final salary , you forgot the service charge and tips.I know 4 girls who work in hotel restaurants and they come out with AT LEAST 25000 baht a month , thats nearly 1000 baht per day and 1 works in a hotel in Udon Thani ! , she's telling you porkies and not the whole story , dont beleive her.

If money is not high on the list of lammbock's gf's priorities when it comes to relationships then she is probably in the majority, not the minority. Sure money helps but for most it is just a sweetener.

Baloney!!! Money is number one here with 90% of them. I only met one woman in 5 years here, who I was considering a romantic relationship with, who did not want or expect money. ...and I don not make my selections from bar/parlor girls.

Setting aside the issue that it appears the Mom is not living with her kids, which happens far too often in Thailand - and many times for all the wrong reasons.

IMHO 20K is more than enough - especially since you cover room and board. So basically all she needs money for (outside of the 5k she is giving mom to take care of her two kids) is to keep herself entertained.

Before you agree to rise what you give her ask her to outline her typical monthly and/or weekly expenses.

Average Thai incomes:

Professor:

Computer programmer:

Nurse:

Office Clerk:

Postman:

Hotel Receptionist:

CIA factbook indicates per capita GDO of $8,100 USD per year - or about 267,300 baht; 22,275 baht per month.

All this being said the area that more money could probably be spent would be on private schooling for the kids - or maybe moving into a place where the kids could live with their mom.

My part-time "take-care-of-it" girl just graduated with a B.S. Degree in computers & business. She has temporarily taken a job in a hotel restaurant for 100 bht per day. I am waiting to see what kind of a real job she can get and when. She is not in BKK. I give her a set amount which I think is to much. To the guy who gives 3,000, most (girls) I know would not go across the street for that.

100 baht a day is not her final salary , you forgot the service charge and tips.I know 4 girls who work in hotel restaurants and they come out with AT LEAST 25000 baht a month , thats nearly 1000 baht per day and 1 works in a hotel in Udon Thani ! , she's telling you porkies and not the whole story , dont beleive her.

You may be correct. I would rate her very high for her truthfulness. She is a world class actress though. She may be likely picking up additional money for "extra services". The restaurant where she works does not do a very high volume and Thais are not noted for being big tippers.

Is that your gf in the picture ? If so tell her i will give her 5000 baht a month. :) .... Let the bidding wars begin.

I am only joking mate, but if that is your gf she looks very nice. Just thought i would say.

No worry men. Its not her. :D

I'am very happy with my GF. We Love and Trust each other very much. Money hasn't been a big issue in our relationship.

As i said. She don't have Kids and me, too. Her Family is doing well. She have a good job with enough salary to take care her self including the 3k i giving her.

Most time in the week she stay at my place and when we do something together or go on a trip i pay everything. NP for me

She have a good job. She is a strong women and know what she is doing. That's what i want from a women. No matter if she is Thai or Farang.

Well what can i say. In my opinion, do not pump 50k every month in your Girl and half the money goes up-country.

Regards,

Lammbock

Edited by Lammbock

Is that your gf in the picture ? If so tell her i will give her 5000 baht a month. :D .... Let the bidding wars begin.

I am only joking mate, but if that is your gf she looks very nice. Just thought i would say.

No worry men. Its not her. :D

I'am very happy with my GF. We Love and Trust each other very much. Money hasn't been a big issue in our relationship.

As i said. She don't have Kids and me, too. Her Family is doing well. She have a good job with enough salary to take care her self including the 3k i giving her.

Most time in the week she stay at my place and when we do something together or go on a trip i pay everything. NP for me

She have a good job. She is a strong women and know what she is doing. That's what i want from a women. No matter if she is Thai or Farang.

Well what can i say. In my opinion, do not pump 50k every month in your Girl and half the money goes up-country.

Regards,

Lammbock

interesting :):D:D

why are you giving 3k if she is doing so well? 3 k seems an odd amount , not much, and not too much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so why give anything.

Baloney!!! Money is number one here with 90% of them. I only met one woman in 5 years here, who I was considering a romantic relationship with, who did not want or expect money. ...and I don not make my selections from bar/parlor girls.

Still have her phone number :) ?

Oldvisitor' date='2010-03-30 03:23:29' post='3456317']

Still have her phone number :) ?

Yes, why? The difference with her is that she comes from a relatively well-off family, has completed university, and held down a professional job for about 7 years. These types of women are not usually interested in Farangs for romance. I just got lucky. Her family is also not native to the famous NE region of the country, probably another reason for her apparent lack of avarice.

Average Thai incomes:

Professor:

Computer programmer:

Nurse:

Office Clerk:

Postman:

Hotel Receptionist:

After some more thought about this and more "research", I think your 25,000 figure is high, unless we are talking about a high-end place in BKK or resort area. If waitresses could make that in hotels here (Khon Kaen) they would be lined up around the block for jobs. Very likely she is making more than she claims, but pleading poverty would not get her any more money from me. So, I am not sure why she would lie about this. She will bye-bye the restaurant job soon, to go on some "wild goose chase" to Singapore and make big money. She quoted 50 to 70K for two months work. She has a good story about what she will be doing.

She will bye-bye the restaurant job soon, to go on some "wild goose chase" to Singapore and make big money. She quoted 50 to 70K for two months work. She has a good story about what she will be doing.

Interesting article in this Sunday's Bangkok Post on the front page right-hand side, may give you insight... :)

She will bye-bye the restaurant job soon, to go on some "wild goose chase" to Singapore and make big money. She quoted 50 to 70K for two months work. She has a good story about what she will be doing.

Interesting article in this Sunday's Bangkok Post on the front page right-hand side, may give you insight... :)

Yes, one of my Farang friends told me about this. I don't think she is that stupid, but I don't believe the "cooked-up" story she has told me, which is: That she will be accompanying her "Aunt" to Singapore to help her with taking care of the Aunt's daughter's new born baby for a couple of months. She claims that the daughter's husband, a Singaporean, will be paying the Aunt 200,000 bht for the two months. My darling will be getting a percentage of the Aunt's take, which she figures will be 50 to 70K. She has woven many "tales" since I have known her, but this one takes the cake. Needless to say, she will be getting zero from me while she is gone and hopefully I will find an adequate replacement in the meantime.

Interesting article in this Sunday's Bangkok Post on the front page right-hand side, may give you insight... :D

I don't think she is that stupid,

When some people get dollar signs in their eyes, they can be capable of doing some really stupid things... :D ....One only has to look at the number of "drug mules" who get caught in Thailand, they know the consequences of getting caught, but yet they do it any way. :)

With reference to the story told to you, she may not be going down the same road as described in the article, but one might suggest you ask her if she knows where Orchard Towers is in Singapore ?

Yes, one of my Farang friends told me about this. I don't think she is that stupid, but I don't believe the "cooked-up" story she has told me, which is: That she will be accompanying her "Aunt" to Singapore to help her with taking care of the Aunt's daughter's new born baby for a couple of months. She claims that the daughter's husband, a Singaporean, will be paying the Aunt 200,000 bht for the two months. My darling will be getting a percentage of the Aunt's take, which she figures will be 50 to 70K. She has woven many "tales" since I have known her, but this one takes the cake. Needless to say, she will be getting zero from me while she is gone and hopefully I will find an adequate replacement in the meantime.

is she being recruited for prostitution purposes?

you should tell her ! some people who seem to be smart are really not.

A2396,

I have great respect for your "matter of factness". You seem to be very level headed about the whole deal. I love the stories they tell, I have not yet learned to be one of the guys who needs a story though. I'm happy single. I have to take my hat off to guy that can sit back and chill with.

Good luck finding the new recruit. I hope you don't miss the old girls stories. Probly won't be long before you get some from the willing replacement though...

Chok dee!

Actually the 200k for two months may be real. That is about S$8k. A live in nanny (not a maid) in Singapore will cost you going on S$1k a month for Pilipino or Indonesian, plus the S$265 a month levy. A Singaporean could be over S$2k.

So it may not be a bad deal for the guy to pay S$8K to bring a relative (or two) to stay for two months (they will have to leave after 30 days and return, probably a trip to Malaysia)

Will probably make his wife much happier.

TH