Is Giving My Girlfriend 20,000 Baht Per Month Enough?

Puriku

Ha All

i give the g/f 25k a month

Car 10k

sons dinner money 2k

electric 1k

ubc 1.5k

phone 500b

Dog food 1.5k

TOTAL 16.5 K

And the rest on food and living costs 8.5k

p.s and we have been together for nearly 5yrs now in england & thailand

Edited by ddeellbbooyy

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know at least 4 girls who keep several men on the pay line, They even have me write text messages to then, If I had all the money that is wired into Thailand for one month, I could live the rest of my life , like a king. Wize up,

Ha All

i give the g/f 25k a month

Car 10k

sons dinner money 2k

electric 1k

ubc 1.5k

phone 500b

Dog food 1.5k

TOTAL 16.5 K

And the rest on food and living costs 8.5k

p.s and we have been together for nearly 5yrs now in england & thailand

Doesn't sound like you are giving the girl 25k. Sounds like you pay spend 25k a month. Paying a girl is paying her extra money even after you paid for all the living expenses. This sounds more like your average monthly costs. I don't seen an extra line with give Gf 25k for her just to do nothing and go shopping.

mate, ignore all the nonsense comments; on the other hand i will tell you that 20k is not enough in these days. i givce my wife 30k a month and it is just enough.

just calculate:

1. food, maybe already 15k a month (500 baht a day) feeding a family of let's say 4? if they don't cook then this will be X1.5; 23k baht.

2. electricity, water, garbage, etc. for the house, 5k a month.

3. telephone, internet, 6k a month.

4. extra, i.e., some shopping, taxi, gasoline, etc., 3K a month

i can tell you, 20k is a bit tight. i give my wife 30k and also give extra for the 2 kids of 10k. schooling for the 2 kids is extra that is 120k per 6 months.

i am talking about comfortable living not lavish. i'm practical and in addition to that i also spend 20k myself.

can you imagine that? to have a family of 4 (wife, 2 kids, + 1 mother in law) i destroy about 80k a month. plus some extra stuff like car insurance (medical, car, etc.) so the average is 100k a month.

i'm planning to increase my budget to 120k, ok i can afford it.

another extra, unexpected karaoke night out, 10k.

i'm being pratical. anyone that says 20k is enought is in denial.

then they say, why not live like a thai? normal thai people that you see on the street live tight man. do you really want your family to eat 20 baht noodles a meal?

but anyway, we all have ways to live, and what i've written above is just the way WE live.

You pay a lot for your utilities. Are you reading the bill? or just paying the "hand"

mate, ignore all the nonsense comments; on the other hand i will tell you that 20k is not enough in these days. i givce my wife 30k a month and it is just enough.

just calculate:

1. food, maybe already 15k a month (500 baht a day) feeding a family of let's say 4? if they don't cook then this will be X1.5; 23k baht.

2. electricity, water, garbage, etc. for the house, 5k a month.

3. telephone, internet, 6k a month.

4. extra, i.e., some shopping, taxi, gasoline, etc., 3K a month

1) food 200bht a day (family of 3) = 6k

2) utils. elec 1k, water 200bht, garbage nowt = 1k2 (with aircon)

3) telephone/internet 631bht

4) extras 5k

As the previous poster said ...... HOLY CRAP ........ 1/2/3 sure are expensive.

Dog food (2 dogs) 180bht a week

Snack money 20bht a day (state school, dinner free)

Edited by sarahsbloke

My feeling is that he has a sort of employee of one year's duration who is asking for a raise. The simple question is "is she worth the extra money to you and can you afford to give her an increase in her allowance?" All the stuff about household budgets and other things is purely extraneous. The real question that OP to be seems asking is "What is the going rate for the companionship that I am receiving?"At the moment she is giving 5K to mom and using the other 15K as mad money.

Edited by Pacificperson

Actually, if you look at upper income families in western society, you will find a lot of housewives. If the girl is a live-in who is playing the role of a defacto spouse, then I don't see much difference. What difference there is, is that people of modest means in a western country find themselves elevated to a higher status (in terms of spending power) when arriving in Thailand as their buying power is greatly enhanced, placing them in the position where a one-income household is economically viable. Were the couple to move back to the west I doubt the situation would remain. In that case they would likely both need to work.

Why are there so many posts about living expenses in this thread?

As far as I understand it the OP is talking about the money that he gives for her personal spending. Nothing to do with household expenses.

If I could do nothing and get 20,000 Baht every month for personal use, I would be quite happy. I doubt that I spend 10,000 Baht on myself over and above living costs.

Actually, if you look at upper income families in western society, you will find a lot of housewives. If the girl is a live-in who is playing the role of a defacto spouse, then I don't see much difference. What difference there is, is that people of modest means in a western country find themselves elevated to a higher status (in terms of spending power) when arriving in Thailand as their buying power is greatly enhanced, placing them in the position where a one-income household is economically viable. Were the couple to move back to the west I doubt the situation would remain. In that case they would likely both need to work.

There is a difference between the two. My mother is one of those housewifes in the west. But i dont see my dad giving her an extra 1000 euros just for herself after all costs are paid for her clothes everything. (and yes 1000 euros because 20.000 baht would equal 1000 euros in the west)

Here your just paying for a girl that you could normally not have (younger better looking) to stay with you you. In the west those girls are called gold diggers. Its all fine with me but don't confuse it with love its just a long term rent agreement.

There is one exception that i make and that is when the guy is paying a girl to stay home with him. To quit her job and give her the salary she earned before because he wanted her to stay home. Though even there its a bit strange why he then would not only give her the same amount of money she normaly has after she spends her money on living expenses (because the guy pays for that too)

She has told me that no salon will hire her for less than six days a week at 15 hours a day. She has told me that no one will hire her part time. So she stays home all day and complains she is bored.

Just a thought, if cash is a problem why doesn't she work part time, seems she can double your money. What does she do now not working. If you buggered off she would be back working.

Do NOT let your lady control you (cash) even if she is your dream come true. :)

if she really is bored then take 40 000 baht , buy some stock in pratunam and rent stalls in markets for her ... she will then have her own job and make around 2000 baht a day , if she is clever she will have 30 000 baht of profit left at the end of the month ..... if she doesnt agree to do this , she is a lazy b*tch and you should drop her.