Guesthouses In Hua Hin Or Cha-am Area

realthaideal

Howdy southern friends. I àm up here in Chiang Mai, and as you may know, the air's pretty nasty right now. I want to send a dear friend to spend a few days in either Hua Hin or Cha-Am, but she's on a tight budget towards the end of her 3 weeks travels here. Given the air here and the trouble in BKK, I'd really like to send her off seeing some sleepy beaches b4 heading back to the airport. Any recommendations for cheap and safe rooms for a few nights ? I'm a big fan of Hua Hin, but I never Guest House it down there. Hope she gets to experience the small town atmosphere too.

Thanks !

Pretty well everywhere is safe in Hua Hin unless you get unlucky. The Sakuwilai hotel is advertising rooms this month from 400 baht. (Hotline magazine). It's in Soi Bintabaht opposite the Hilton Hotel. This is the bar area so it's lively but not too bad. Top rooms have a sea view at 1,190 baht per night. Check out www.sakuwilai.com for more info.

P&M

The link given by "paulandmaneerat" is little bit wrong; this work http://www.sukwilaihotel.com/

you could look to in www.sawasdee.com - direct listed http://huahin.sawadee.com/ -but not all cheap and budget hotel are registred there.

I live 4 years in HH and would say .....

Hua Hin is great for his restaurants and nightmarket but the beaches are nothing extra except behind Khao Takiap.

Cha Am have a very nice ca. 6 km long beach but for walkting around rather little bit boring and during week-end

very crowded by "weekender" from Bangkok.

But true, between 400 and 600 Bath / night no problem on both places. It's not easy to propose any hotel if we don't know exactly what the person wish.

also consult (Edited by moderator to delete reference and link to competing forum)

To go back to Bangkok, better not take the blue/white bus which end in the Southern Bus Terminal, better take a Van for 160 - 180 Bath direct to Victory monument (of course if Bangkok isn't anymore such red) If you need more details, don't be shy and write me direct.

in hua hin there are several wooden guest houses on the sea, rooms go for 450 - this time of the year might be a little less.

they are next to the hilton, enough to just walk in

:):D:D but in certain season this are only for mosquito friendly people !!! Because over the water and if you are sensitive to sleep sometimes the water is really noisy, sorry

there are no mosquitos because of the constant breeze (like a large fan blowing all the time), still there are nets over the beds to protect from the other bugs.

unless there is a storm no problem with the noise level, the rytmmical sound of the waves puts to sleep

there are no mosquitos because of the constant breeze (like a large fan blowing all the time), still there are nets over the beds to protect from the other bugs.

unless there is a storm no problem with the noise level, the rytmmical sound of the waves puts to sleep

up to you. 2 times my friends which was guest there, in the last Hotel close to Hilton (i forgot the name) want change the hotel because of mosquitos. Some room have even fences in the wooden wall where they easy come in. I want not fight, go try.

Your friend might try 'Rajana Garden House'. This is located very close to the bus terminal in the centre of Hua-Hin.

It looks like a hotel from the outside, all glass and stainless steel. My wife and I stayed there a few years ago and found it to be very clean and comfortable. The top floor rooms at the back are probably the best with some nice views over to the mountains.

Breakfast is simple but adequate and served in the small gardens at the back. They also have a decent car park at the side of the hotel.. The rooms have small balconies and you get very little traffic noise.