"notice" To Notify Staying > 90 Days

I recently extended my ED visa for a further 90 days and got the usual permission stamp with the date to leave specified therein. For the first time however, immigration stapled an additional piece of paper to my passport entitled : "NOTICE" to notify staying longer than 90 days.

Having read it several times, it basically says if you are permitted to stay more than 90 days, you must notify your place of residence every 90 days, or if extending a temporary stay (with TM7), you have to notify your place of residence first time round. OK. Same, same, I presume. Then it details the fines for not doing so, which I presume have been updated, therefore this is possibly the purpose of the insertion. (5,000 baht max plus 200 baht per day). Not sure.

So, all that's fine except the last bit, which states "ACCORDING TO IMMIGRATION ACT B.E.2552 SECTION 76 to notify again on........."

Given that I'm not reporting/notifying (but extending) this has confused me somewhat. Anybody else get this and should I be reading any more into it, other than the fact the fines have maybe changed?

Also the date given to "notify" is a day earlier than the permission to stay stamp, so not sure if that's significant or just a mistake.

Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks

TCA

Edited by TCA

New form stapled in your P/P for your 90 day notification, done mine this morning, think the purpose is to inform you if you dont report on time you can be fined THB 5000 + THB 200/day until you do, thats how I read it.

In the past they would fine you a maximum of THB 2500 for not reporting on time and it appears there has been a change over the amount you can be fined...

Extension of stay and 90 day reporting is two different processes.

If you stay >90 days you must report your address using form TM.47.

You have a window of 7 days before and seven days after the actual date.

If you leave the kingdom the process starts at zero days at entry.

The fine for not reporting is 2000 baht.

You must advise your residence to Immigration if staying longer than 90 days without leaving. You do this with a TM.47 form. If you are here on a visa entry of 90 days the first report will the the TM.7 extension of stay request but thereafter you must report with a TM.47 every 90 days. If you leave Thailand the new 90 day clock starts on return at day 1.

If you are getting 90 day extensions you will be able to do both at the same time - just remember you have to do both.

It's best to report if you remember to do it on time. If you don't manage to do it, however, it's highly likely that immigration will ignore your failure to report when you next fly out. That's the way it's always been in my 100+ exits from Thailand, except once, about three years ago at Swampy, when they just gave me a warning, not a fine.

You must advise your residence to Immigration if staying longer than 90 days without leaving. You do this with a TM.47 form. If you are here on a visa entry of 90 days the first report will the the TM.7 extension of stay request but thereafter you must report with a TM.47 every 90 days. If you leave Thailand the new 90 day clock starts on return at day 1.

If you are getting 90 day extensions you will be able to do both at the same time - just remember you have to do both.

Thanks lopburi3. This was my second 90 day extension and so what you're saying is that I really should also have completed a TM.47 form this time. I didn't - only a TM7. I'm surprised immigration never mentioned it. Is it possible that you no longer have to do both?, given the stapled insert states:

"In case of application for extension of temporary stay in the kingdom by TM7, you have to notify your place of residence first time".

i.e. your address "notification" is done in advance as part of the extension as opposed to someone who has say, a year's permission to stay already granted?

Edited by TCA

You have to notify every 90 days. Only the first TM.7 counts as a report. You now must provide both each time if you do not leave the country.

"In case of application for extension of temporary stay in the kingdom by TM7, you have to notify your place of residence first time".

That is what everyone uses and is not unique to 90 day extensions of stay. You have to do both.

If this was your seconds TM.7 extension I suspect they put that in your passport to remind you to visit the 90 day reporting desk that day (or within the week) and if more than a week has passed you may find yourself hit with a 2,000 baht fine when you do report.

If this was your seconds TM.7 extension I suspect they put that in your passport to remind you to visit the 90 day reporting desk that day (or within the week) and if more than a week has passed you may find yourself hit with a 2,000 baht fine when you do report.

Thanks again Lopburi. That's clear now. There isn't a separate 90 day reporting desk at my local (small) immigration office, so thought that it might have been mentioned. The insert in my passport says notify again by xx June 2010 (i.e. 90 days after I visited), so I'm hoping that means that they've let me off this time (or missed the first extension) and there'll be no fine awaiting me.

Should I be double checking re my recent extension or is the "notify again in June" stamp sufficient that I need do nothing now?

You're right, sorry. I did say the date given to notify on the insert was a day earlier than the permission to stay stamp but it probably wasn't clear I meant 90 days into the future and the new stamps.

Sounds like I may be OK though. Thanks for your help.