Questions On Masters Degree Programmes In Thailand

Nefret

Hi, I'm a new member here.

I'm thinking of studying in Thailand for a Masters Degree and would like to know if anyone has studied (or knows someone who has studied) in Thammasat, Chula or Mahidol.

I'm mainly intersted in the International Masters offered at their faculties of Political/Social Sciences. I have some info on these programmes, like the fees, course content, lecturers and any other info available on the websites etc., but I would like to hear personal views/experiences e.g. the quality of teaching in these universities/faculties, how many foreigners/thais studying, age range of students, study experiences and so on.

I'd appreciate any info on these programmes, thanks!

Welcome to the forum. This forum is mostly for and about teaching, but perhaps we have some students who will be along and can give you some information.

Thank you,

I didn't quite know where to post questions about studying in Thailand as I didn't find a specific forum for it, but hopefully some students or others will be able to give some answers in this forum. I will wait and see :)

Give some careful thought to how much value such a Masters from a Thai university will have outside of Thailand. During my time on the faculty of a top university we saw some people with advanced degrees from Asia universities and found them to be inadequate and unable to keep up in our classes and with little training for thesis/dissertation work. Business/industry people showed little interest in hiring the few that did complete the work. Maybe things have changed since my time but outside of engineering and technical fields the employability in the West of such a degree will be limited.

Nefret, no problem with posting it here. It's probably the best place. I know we have teachers who had taken courses, including degrees from Thai Universities. It's just a limited pool of respondents.

Personally, I would have no problem in hiring people with a social studies degree that was earned in another country. Especially if it is one of the top Universities. But that's just me.

Some of the schools in Thailand, mainly the three listed, have decent world rankings.

I have been checking out Mahidol for myself. Their M.S. Industrial Ecology looks very interesting, but I also look at working and living in Thailand as my life's goal.

So while Mahidol's life science department isn't as renowned as John Hopkins, they are ranked decently in life sciences.